Page 995 of 1638 FirstFirst ... 4958959459859919929939949959969979989991005104510951495 ... LastLast
Results 14,911 to 14,925 of 24560

I think moving Aquaman to December is actually a vote of confidence in the movie.

December is a month for HUGE sales in the movie industry. You don't put a movie you're afraid will be a dud in a timeslot like that one. I think WB are convinced already that they've got a winner on their hands and they're capitalizing on the opening Cameron created by pushing back the Avatar sequel to put it in the best possible position to really rake in the money.

As for the second movie? Sirens would definitely be a likely scenario. It's already been mentioned that the movie has been fast-tracked, so if any movie is in position to be ready for 2018, that's the most likely candidate. I suppose Justice League Dark is a contender too. That's another movie where they already had at least some of the work done already, since they're still using at least the framework of Del Toro's vision for the movie. At last report, anyway.

And yes, I agree with Reservoir Dog. If WB just can't get a second movie together for 2018, then that's fine. I don't want a hastily slapped-together movie just so we can have two movies that year. Quality always trumps quantity when it comes to movies.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

December is a good move if Disney doesn't move Han Solo.
    My problem with Artemis casting is not the racebending but the fact they cast a boxer. Its Artemis cast an Archer.
    No way Margot Robbie isn't in SS2.

Frazer Churchill (Children of Men, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World) is working on Flash [VFX]

https://twitter.com/frazerc
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Frazer Churchill (Children of Men, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World) is working on Flash [VFX]

Woah, interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    If Margot isn't in SS2 then it's doomed. Her and the Joker were half the reason anyone cared about that film. Joker turned out to be a bit of a letdown, so Harley is the only draw the franchise has left. If she's not there who will take her place as the main attraction?
    Guardians of the Galaxy didn't have Iron Man or Captain America to bring in a crowd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy didn't have Iron Man or Captain America to bring in a crowd.
    They weren't established members of the Guardians though. Imagine a Guardians sequel with no Chris Pratt and you'll probably understand my point about Harley and Suicide Squad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post

At least we have confirmation that DC is still working on the Flash film at all. Some fans are starting to doubt it.

At least we have confirmation that DC is still working on the Flash film at all. Some fans are starting to doubt it.
    Why? They have the Flash, the Flash is in Justice League. There was no reason to presume the Flash wasn't on the schedule.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Why? They have the Flash, the Flash is in Justice League. There was no reason to presume the Flash wasn't on the schedule.
    There's been some speculation that the popularity of the show has destroyed any chances of the Flash film standing on its own, and that WB isn't invested in finding a new director because of it. I don't necessarily agree with that speculation but it's nice to be reassured anyway.

Mighty Member

There's been some speculation that the popularity of the show has destroyed any chances of the Flash film standing on its own, and that WB isn't invested in finding a new director because of it. I don't necessarily agree with that speculation but it's nice to be reassured anyway.
    Yeah... speculation by whom? Definitely not by anyone with an ounce of credibility.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

That's not even remotely credible. I've made that speculation on my own in the shower.
    Smallville didn't stop them from making Superman Returns.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    That's not even remotely credible. I've made that speculation on my own in the shower.
    Smallville didn't stop them from making Superman Returns.
    I never said it was credible, I pointed out that it existed.

BANNED

They weren't established members of the Guardians though. Imagine a Guardians sequel with no Chris Pratt and you'll probably understand my point about Harley and Suicide Squad.
    My point is making one character overshadow the whole group is pathetic.
    At that point, might as well call the next movie Harley Quinn featuring the Suicide Squad if they're that desperate.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 03-17-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    My point is making one character overshadow the whole group is pathetic.
    At that point, might as well call the next movie Harley Quinn featuring the Suicide Squad if they're that desperate.
    It's not about being desperate, it's about giving audiences what they want and making loads of cash. Margot Robbie is arguably the most popular part of the DCEU 3 movies in, so why wouldn't they make sure she appears? Is Marvel desperate when they put RDJ in the new Spider-Man movie? Was Marvel desperate when they turned Cap 3 into Civil War and made RDJ the co-star instead of a guest-star? Of course not; but RDJ's Iron Man is unquestionably the main attraction of the MCU, so they squeeze him in anywhere they can. WB/DC will do the same with Harley, and frankly they would be stupid not to.

Edit: someone mentioned she might not be in SS2 because she is making GCS; I think WB will make sure production schedules are such that they won't lose her in 1 just to appear in the other. Gadot wrapped Wonder Woman and started shooting for Justice League within a week or 2. Robbie will be in both. The bigger question is, will Leto return? Love him or hate him (I LOVED him in SS), he did break Harley out in SS so they will need to explain his absence if they can't coax him back...and judging by the Harley/Joker love story in SS, Joker being absent will be damn hard to explain.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 03-17-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

“The world needs Superman....the team needs Clark.”

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Yeah... speculation by whom? Definitely not by anyone with an ounce of credibility.
    I see posters in this thread bring up "speculation" all the time, and it is always something that I have literally not seen anywhere else on the internet. Sometimes I wonder if "people are speculating" is just a shroud for trolling and to bring negativity to a positive discussion. I mean, this thread went almost a whole page without anyone ripping on the DCEU :P
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

“The world needs Superman....the team needs Clark.”