Page 996 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 4968969469869929939949959969979989991000100610461096 ... LastLast
Results 14,926 to 14,940 of 20744

BLADE: TRINITY Director David Goyer May End Up Helming GREEN LANTERN CORPS

We heard last night that Warner Bros. want to put one of five projects on the fast track so that they can be released alongside Aquaman in 2018, but could Green Lantern Corps be it? Well, on the latest addition of Meet The Movie Press, Tracking-Board E-i-C Jeff Sneider revealed that David Goyer, who is currently writing the screenplay alongside Justin Rhodes, may step into the director's chair!

It's noted on the show that Goyer, "could very well wind up directing Green Lantern Corps himself," and that may not be music to the ears of some fans. After all, the writer's work has often proven to be divisive, while his crack at the superhero movie genre crashed and burned with Blade: Trinity.
    If I was trying to make Green Lantern Corps into the Star Wars of the DCEU, I sure would find one of the strongest directors out there to deliver. Not a science experiment-type experience.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2: Another Director Named As Being In The Running To Helm The Sequel

According to Jeff Sneider on the latest addition of Meet The Movie Press, Jaume-Collet Serra is now another name in the running for the Suicide Squad follow-up. He directed Blake Lively in shark thriller The Shallows, but his other credits are mostly made up of fun action movies starring Liam Neeson like Unknown, Non-Stop, and Run All Night. So, definitely not a bad choice then.

Sneider points out that Collet-Serra was previously attached to helm Warner Bros.' stalled Akira adaptation and notes that he's represented by the same agency as Robbie. That could help make the transition of him taking over here much easier, though it's still obviously very early days, so as with Gibson, we'd best not start getting too excited just yet.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I see posters in this thread bring up "speculation" all the time, and it is always something that I have literally not seen anywhere else on the internet. Sometimes I wonder if "people are speculating" is just a shroud for trolling and to bring negativity to a positive discussion. I mean, this thread went almost a whole page without anyone ripping on the DCEU :P
    In the case of a couple of posters I suspect this is true.

I see posters in this thread bring up "speculation" all the time, and it is always something that I have literally not seen anywhere else on the internet. Sometimes I wonder if "people are speculating" is just a shroud for trolling and to bring negativity to a positive discussion. I mean, this thread went almost a whole page without anyone ripping on the DCEU :P
    What is this about - Comic book speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    What is this about - Comic book speculation?
    I'm talking about every time a poster says "well, people are speculating _____", and the blank is ALWAYS something negative about the DCEU.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

BLADE: TRINITY Director David Goyer May End Up Helming GREEN LANTERN CORPS

If I was trying to make Green Lantern Corps into the Star Wars of the DCEU, I sure would find one of the strongest directors out there to deliver. Not a science experiment-type experience.
    lost all respect for Goyer after I found out about his remarks about Martian Manhunter and She-Hulk.Those comments show that he believes companies should be ashamed of their less known properties, and those "goofy" characters have to be watered down to be presentable to the general public. And he also has the stereotypical view that anyone familiar with those characters is a virgin". It's insulting to the fans and tho the characters(and don't even get me started about his thoughts on She hulk!). This man should not be anywhere close to any kind of superhero related media. Even if the director of GLC ends up being a different person I'm still sore he's wring it.
    And honestly I doubt Goyer will direct it, since WB wouldn't risk giving that position to someone with such a bad history of directorial efforts, specially after the failure of the 2011 GL film.

Mighty Member

I'm talking about every time a poster says "well, people are speculating _____", and the blank is ALWAYS something negative about the DCEU.

Also known as "me and my anonymous internet friends" who happen to share what I have always been saying.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 03-17-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Jeevanjacobjohn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Also known as "me and my anonymous internet friends" who happen to share what I have always been saying.
    Haha, lol. To be fair, Flash did lose 3 directors. But, I believe that's pretty common in Hollywood.

Anyways, I hope WB sticks with making a Flash movie. TV series used to be good..but I am not so sure anymore.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Haha, lol. To be fair, Flash did lose 3 directors. But, I believe that's pretty common in Hollywood.

Anyways, I hope WB sticks with making a Flash movie. TV series used to be good..but I am not so sure anymore.
    Yeah, I've never watched The Flash regularly but it does seem to be losing steam fast. I think its very important that the Flash film turns out well, I don't want that show to be the most mainstream representation of the character.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Ahhhh - now I get it!

You think it is worse here than any other site? Go over to the CGC message board and start a thread about how much you love the DCEU. Make sure you use the 30-second sand timer when waiting for a response. You'll come running back over here while trying to brush off all the negative that was just thrown at you for even thinking such 'crazy thoughts'.

Although I see some on here that take their pot-shots, I don't even see the level of hate I have witnessed on there. Even BvS Ultimate Cut was treated like it couldn't compete with Marvel Studio's 'The Incredible Hulk'. And it always makes for great laughs when posts are made how incredible Agents of SHIELD TV is when compared to the CW DCU. Talk about blinders being on.

Still love when Patty Jenkins and James Gunn were exchanging tweets about being excited about each other's movies.

That coexist symbol was so cool, and says so much.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

That coexist symbol was so cool, and says so much.

Coexist. That is really, really cool. I love that.

That is indeed awesome.

BANNED

The Batman symbol doesn't look like a Bat and they used the Venom symbol for Spidey.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    That is indeed awesome.
    I'm just waiting for the 'Hang on, there are only three DC logos there as opposed to Marvel's four! That's not fair. I hate it!! ' comments.

If not on here they're bound to crop up somewhere on the internet. Some folk just get off on moaning.