Page 998 of 1263 FirstFirst ... 498898948988994995996997998999100010011002100810481098 ... LastLast
Results 14,956 to 14,970 of 18937
    Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Brian Azzarello's run was one of best books of the New 52 and one of the best Wonder Woman runs. But now everything was retconned as a "lie" (whatever that means) just to please Greg Rucka's ego and fans who want Wonder Woman to be "the perfect princess from the perfect island full of perfect women". And if someone will refuse to watch "Wonder Woman" just because they used the New 52 origin, well...

\_("/)_/
    DC Comics have never been totally wed to their movies. The comics can be their own thing while the movies exist independently in their own realm. In the movies, Diana is the daughter of the queen of Amazons and the king of gods.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Probably because it's just weird. Audiences will see Diana as a clay doll made on the beach and brought to life. Not even the old 70's TV show went there. Frankly, the DCEU is using both origins. The clay doll story is just a cover story for the truth: that she's the daughter of god.
    Super Friends was the only one that used the clay origin that I can recall.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Super Friends was the only one that used the clay origin that I can recall.
    The 2009 animated movie also used it.

Actually, it used what I consider the perfect compromise between the two origins. Hippolyta sculpted a baby. She held it up. Lightning struck the baby. The baby came to life.

Sure, the movie never explicitly states that Zeus sent that lightning bolt, but come on! Who is the "lightning guy" in Greek myth?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they're doing this because they want an easy explanation for Diana's divinity or if they just want to stick with that one aspect of the New 52.

I just hope there's more reason for it, narrative, then wanting to attach a male representation of the patriarchy to a defiantly feminist hero.
    I've yet to meet a feminist who didn't have a father. Hippolyta, herself, is the daughter of Ares in the myths.
    Diana being feminist does not mean she's anti-male.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. Slipped my mind.

Actually, it used what I consider the perfect compromise between the two origins. Hippolyta sculpted a baby. She held it up. Lightning struck the baby. The baby came to life.

Sure, the movie never explicitly states that Zeus sent that lightning bolt, but come on! Who is the "lightning guy" in Greek myth?
    Works for me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

In the movie, Diana actually tells Steve that her mother formed her from clay and Zeus brought her to life.

Also, in the JL series, the story was Hippolyta and Hades were her parents (as Hippolyta had a love affair with Hades). He tells Diana that he helped Hippolyta form her from clay. Diana only cares that she was raised by her mother.
    Last edited by FIFTY-TWO (52); 03-18-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Joe Manganiello's Now Unsure Whether He'll Play Deathstroke In THE BATMAN: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...batman-a149719
    Why is no one talking about this?
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I don't think that there's much to say about this yet to be honest. The 'sky is falling down again!' crowd might get some leverage out of it but no-one else.

As soon as the movie changed hands, director wise, there were bound to be shake-ups and a slight change in creative direction. Will this affect Manganiello and Deathstroke? Maybe, but we don't know that yet. I don't think people want to jump to conclusions about this. People were declaring doom for the movie after Affleck stepped down, only to look a bit silly when Reeves was announced.

Maybe because there's nothing to talk about? Deathstroke/Manganiello will still be in JL. After that however, the actor doesn't know when he'll be reprising the role. What more is there to say?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Maybe because there's nothing to talk about? Deathstroke/Manganiello will still be in JL. After that however, the actor doesn't know when he'll be reprising the role. What more is there to say?
    Exactly. Nobody knows anything yet. For all we know the actor could be getting a phone call from Matt Reeves right at this very moment .

Extremely unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Probably because it's just weird. Audiences will see Diana as a clay doll made on the beach and brought to life. Not even the old 70's TV show went there. Frankly, the DCEU is using both origins. The clay doll story is just a cover story for the truth: that she's the daughter of god.
    Not that this will stop me seeing the movie, but I have to question how anyone can think audiences will find the clay origin any weirder than anything else in superhero movies. Or how it is apparently anti male.

And making the clay origin a lie is not using both origins

Astonishing Member Jeevanjacobjohn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So:http://comicbook.com/2017/03/06/wond...dceu-revealed/

That's a pretty big strike against my interest in the movie. I may end up just skipping it, after all.
    I loved the New 52 version...especially arc about First Born and all - I am glad that Azzarello decided to do that. Hopefully, we will get more of that in the movies (maybe not now, but in WW sequels?).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Maybe a bit of concern that the main villain could be dropping out of the freaking film?
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'd be fine with Deathstroke dropping out and rather have a more traditional member of the rogues gallery or from the DCU. I want a more crime/noir/detective Batman movie and less of an Rocksteady inspired Batman. Maybe because I've read a lot of Steve Englehart and Mike W. Barr Batman lately. It's almost been 10 years since the last great Batman movie.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 03-19-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think this is more "wait & see."

I actually feel relieved any time a DC film in development puts on the breaks.