Page 1375 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 375875127513251365137113721373137413751376137713781379 ... LastLast
Results 20,611 to 20,625 of 20768
  1. #20611
    Ultimate Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You'll notice that no one is talking about the stuff he did on the GoT set to put his co-stars at ease, either.

    Apparently during the sex scenes he filmed with.....crap, the chick who plays Daenaris (spelling?) she was really uncomfortable with the whole thing (understandable) so Mamoa came out wearing a sock on his.....method acting. Made everyone laugh and made filming the scenes easier for all involved.

    He seems like a good guy. Who gives a damn if he made a bad joke?
    Don't leave out the best part of the story, man! The sock wasn't just any old sock. It was all fluffy.....and PINK!

    Yeah, Momoa is clearly a guy who prefers to make women laugh and set them at ease. He made a very stupid faux pas and unlike Affleck, he apologized for his mistake immediately.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  2. #20612
    Fantastic Member Thomas Crown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Jason used his instagram to apologize for that joke. AGAIN.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BaKqDCfnARp/
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."
    - Grant Morrison

  3. #20613
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If people can get over Thor almost murdering Steve and Tony in the first Avengers movie I think Batman will get some slack especially since unlike Thor he had the excuse of being manipulated
    Thor didn't try and murder anybody.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  4. #20614
    Ultimate Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Thor didn't try and murder anybody.
    He swung his mountain-splitting hammer at a man whom he had no reason at all to believe should be able to survive it. He knew he was on Midgard. He knows how strong (or not-strong) humans are. He knows how not-strong our metals tend to be. He had no reason in the world to think Cap could possibly survive that hit.

    He also fired a lightning bolt at Stark. Same thing. He had no reason at all to believe that Stark would be able to withstand that attack. The fact that Stark is enough of a genius to develop a suit that can actually EAT lightning strikes is irrelevant. Thor didn't know that at the time.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  5. #20615
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    He's a great Batman and better Bruce Wayne, so I say leave him be.
    I rewatched the ACCOUNTANT (loved it) and oh man Ben Affleck could be so fantastic in a solo Batman film. I don't get the criticisms about his age, Bruce Wayne would be a guy in his 40s- at least in my mind.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  6. #20616
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Their connection to Weinstein is famously linked to Good Will Hunting. Weinstein helped launch them both, and they were both very close with him.
    I meant what has the actions of his best bud got to do with him? This is slightly ridiculous actually.

  7. #20617
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    He swung his mountain-splitting hammer at a man whom he had no reason at all to believe should be able to survive it. He knew he was on Midgard. He knows how strong (or not-strong) humans are. He knows how not-strong our metals tend to be. He had no reason in the world to think Cap could possibly survive that hit.

    He also fired a lightning bolt at Stark. Same thing. He had no reason at all to believe that Stark would be able to withstand that attack. The fact that Stark is enough of a genius to develop a suit that can actually EAT lightning strikes is irrelevant. Thor didn't know that at the time.
    Eh, he wasn't trying to murder them. It was a battle. Cap and Stark don't look like your casual civilians out for lunch on a Tuesday.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  8. #20618
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Don't leave out the best part of the story, man! The sock wasn't just any old sock. It was all fluffy.....and PINK!

    Yeah, Momoa is clearly a guy who prefers to make women laugh and set them at ease. He made a very stupid faux pas and unlike Affleck, he apologized for his mistake immediately.
    My gods, I forgot about the pink part!!

    Dude, Mamoa is amazing.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Discipline = Freedom.

    Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

  9. #20619
    Mighty Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Eh, he wasn't trying to murder them. It was a battle. Cap and Stark don't look like your casual civilians out for lunch on a Tuesday.
    Like to point out Tony flew in and knocked Thor an Asgardian across the forest first and Captain America hit Thor in the head with his shield first both men proved they could handle a fight with an Asgardian before he threw a punch. Oh and they captured Loki.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-12-2017 at 05:40 PM.

  10. #20620
    Ultimate Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Eh, he wasn't trying to murder them. It was a battle. Cap and Stark don't look like your casual civilians out for lunch on a Tuesday.
    They also don't, from Thor's experience, look like the kind of guys who can survive his very best offensive weapons. Don't forget that Thor has fairly extensive experience with the people of Midgard. He has NEVER seen them field ANYTHING that could reasonably threaten an Asgardian. He had no reason to think they could survive what he was throwing their way.

    Now, I will admit that this argument still doesn't actually help Batman in BvS because even if you accept that Thor DID try to kill Cap and Stark in that fight, that's not the same thing as what Batman did. If Thor HAD killed Stark and Cap, it would've been a heat-of-battle kind of thing. Murder Two, at worst. Batman? That was First-Degree, fully pre-meditated murder he was planning to do against Superman. He spent a lot of time studying him, learning what could hurt him, and then he concocted elaborate traps and weapons designed specifically to exploit his weaknesses and give him the best possible chance at rendering Superman helpless. Heck, even when he had Superman beaten and helpless, he even couldn't resist dragging him around by his leg, throwing him around the room, and then cutting his face just to prove he could. As helpless as Superman was by that point, that pretty much qualified as torturing him before finishing him off.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  11. #20621
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY State of Mind
    Posts
    147

    Default


  12. #20622
    Fantastic Member dianafan1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well yeah they're a month away from release of course it's too late to recast for Justice League. No matter how much they could potentially lose of this it would never be as much as scrapping the whole movie. Momoa made a bad stupid joke and he apologized then and I disagree about joking about rape simply because I believe anything can be joked about it's context. We make jokes all the time of Killers, Rapist, and Molesters getting raped in prison it gets a laugh because of context of the person being a scumbag getting their comeuppance.
    We? Who the heck is we? If you think it is right to make light of a topic such as rape, then it is no wonder why SOME people think it is ok, and not a huge deal, to violate another person's right in the most despicable way. Attitudes like that empowered people like Ben Affleck and Harvey Weinstein. It is far from just a bad stupid joke; IT IS NEVER ok to joke about raping another woman (or even a man). If one can trivialize such a thing, then it indicates that one is capable of performing the same deeds to an innocent unsuspecting person as well. And to humour your point, the women in Momoa's context, were not (portrayed as) rapists killers and molesters.

    In my opinion, a joke like that has no place in society, and as an educated person, I have zero privilege or ignorance to ever see the topic of rape as a joke.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 10-12-2017 at 06:06 PM.

  13. #20623
    Mighty Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Mamoa's comment was stupid, but given the context of who his character was, it's not a big deal. Especially as it's just a joke (albeit one in poor taste, but I'm not gonna pretend I don't have a crude sense of humor when I'm with my buddies either).



    The Affleck stuff is entirely due to his connection to Weinstein and not keeping his mouth shut on Twitter about it, revealing some hypocrisy on his part. The fact that JL is around the corner is a really unfortunate coincidence because the universe just doesn't seem to want this damn thing to be released with no problems, but it is what it is.

    Mamoa getting dragged into things is a bit suspect though, I agree.



    I forgot about this, and he's over at Marvel.

    I think that might actually be worse than what Affleck has been accused of (thus far).
    You think? Are you actually having a hard time figuring out whether beating up a woman is better or worse than touching a breast?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

  14. #20624
    Ultimate Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Pretty cool! I wonder who the fish people are.

  15. #20625
    Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    You think? Are you actually having a hard time figuring out whether beating up a woman is better or worse than touching a breast?
    Ugh, yeah that sentence of mine really sucks. Could have been worded way better. Darknight Detective responded correctly, that easily trumps any of this stuff with Affleck.

    But the alleged groping shouldn't be dismissed either just because there are people doing worse things, like Brolin or Weinstein. Especially as such behavior can be an indicator that he may be capable of going even further, though we thankfully haven't gotten any stories like that yet.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •