Page 1081 of 1299 FirstFirst ... 8158198110311071107710781079108010811082108310841085109111311181 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,215 of 19485
    Spectacular Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Is this it? Is this legit?

That's the one I saw. Not sure if legit. I think someone went through some trouble to make that dummy look like Momoa. Then again, we see fake stuff like that all of the time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Let the "Queen of Cleavage" jokes begin.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I wonder if AM takes place before BvS/JL (or even MOS), similar to WW.

Since Mera seems to have two "costumes" (Well, some are suggesting that JL version is simply an armored suit prepared for fighting). Note, she isn't wearing her Crown. Maybe this is before she becomes the Queen?
    Yeah I seem to recall reports calling her "Lady Mera" or something like that. So this is a pretty plausible theory I think.

So far reactions look good... THANK GOD!!!
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Is this it? Is this legit?

That costume doesn't really mesh with Mamoa's style. Maybe if he shaved, and cut his hair? I don't it'd look that good either.

You know the most important thing I'm NOT hearing from these reviews? Not one comment about a downer ending. Since that's been one of the big complaints about a lot of the DCEU movies to date, I have to assume it would be mentioned if it were a real thing. This can only lead me to conclude that they really DID figure out a way around the whole "Diana abandoned humanity" thing.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Many of the reviews confirm what many of us have thought: critics want "funny."
    Lots of positive remarks regarding the movie's humor. The MCU's forced humor has officially taken over minds.

For me, I don't need humor. I liked the "grittiness" of MoS and BvS, but I can see where some people don't.

I do hope WW scores high so some of the lame arguments cease. Now I'm hoping it slaughters the box office.

Incredible Member

Here are some reactions from the past hour. Good stuff.

Matt Atchity ✔ @Matchity
    The @WonderWomanFilm is going to be a monster hit! Give @PattyJenks the reins for all the DCEU movies!

Kofi Outlaw ✔ @KofiOutlaw
    .#WonderWoman is the fun, colorful, thrilling movie that both #DCEU Fans & @BatmanvSuperman haters have been waiting for! @GalGadot owns it!

Dave Schilling‏
    I loved Wonder Woman. First act's a bit slow, but it's optimistic, emotional, and *gasp* funny. Best DC movie so far.

Dave Schilling
    Also, Gal Gadot is a legit movie star. Feel free to @ me.

Dave Schilling
    And Chris Pine. Goddamn, he's charming in this.

Alisha Grauso‏
    Obviously an in-depth review coming, but I'm overjoyed to see a long-overdue ass-kicking ray of hope in the DCEU & her name is #WonderWoman.

Alisha Grauso
    P. S. Do not @ me about Gal Godot. She kills it, that's it, end of story, take a seat.

Anna Klassen ✔ @AnnaJKlassen
    #WonderWoman is the 1st film in the DCEU whose fight sequences don't feel entirely CGI/video game-esque, & that alone is huge accomplishment

Kate Erbland ✔ @katerbland
    WONDER WOMAN: Easily my favorite DCEU film. Has the humor and heart the franchise so desperately needs. Gadot and Pine are charming as hell.

Jim Vejvoda ✔ @JimVejvoda
    I'm now allowed to reveal I enjoyed Wonder Woman! It's really good. Has the heart & humanity DCEU needed. I'm not reviewing it FYI

Kevin Polowy ✔ @djkevlar
    #WonderWoman is solid. Definitely a step up from the last few DC movies. Its retro war vibe makes it feel like their Captain America.

Erika @pottertardis
    #WonderWoman is the best DCEU film so far. The heart of Gal Gadot's Diana powers it, and the shift from mythic into WWI story really works.
    Best part, imho? #WonderWoman engages with the subject of war & its devastating effects better than ANY superhero film so far.

Mike Ryan‏Verified account
    @mikeryan
    Easily the best of the DCEU. And I liked MAN OF STEEL. It's part CAPTAIN AMERICA: FIRST AVENGER and part "fish out of water" THOR 1.

Adam B. Vary‏Verified account
    @adambvary
    A few more #WonderWoman thoughts: There's a *goodness* to Gal Gadot's WW missing from Henry Cavill's Superman. Makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Lots of positive remarks regarding the movie's humor. The MCU's forced humor has officially taken over minds.

For me, I don't need humor. I liked the "grittiness" of MoS and BvS, but I can see where some people don't.

I do hope WW scores high so some of the lame arguments cease. Now I'm hoping it slaughters the box office.
    The direct comparisons to Marvel movies pretty much confirm it. I'm sure I'll like WW but I'll be disappointed if they always fall onto that paradigm. I really don't get why people want jokes so much. Superheroics shouldn't be reduced to comedies.

And I'll probably be annoyed by the way haters go "see?? THIS is a good DC movie" because it's a linear predictable origin story with humor in it.

Shall hold out reading anything prior to the movie. June is sure taking it's damn time.
    "This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims." LMAO. Thanks, Rick.

At this rate, DC might never make any good movies. Marvel has been putting out a lot of "by the numbers"/formulaic movies as well. They all seem to just be commercials for the next ones.

The MCU's humor isn't forced.

And it's not the "grittiness" of DCEU that people don't like, because Nolan movies were gritty and people loved them, it's the fact the DCEU is up it's up it's own ads about it and isn't even doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    The MCU's humor isn't forced.

And it's not the "grittiness" of DCEU that people don't like, because Nolan movies were gritty and people loved them, it's the fact the DCEU is up it's up it's own ads about it and isn't even doing it right.
    I've seen Civil War 4 times (I use this example because the humor was inappropriate for the story) and the attempts at humor throughout that entire movie are forced. There are even some moments in Guardians (my second favorite MCU movie) that are slightly forced. I am not going to argue with someone who honestly thinks the MCU doesn't force a lot of their humor (Ironman 3 had a lot, too. And plus that movie was extraordinarily lame but hey, it scored high.)

And Nolan's films weren't gritty, they were realistic, clean, and modern.
    BvS was gritty by just about every definition. Compare BvS to the styles and tones of TDK or TDKR and you'll see there are differences. And I specifically remember critics saying the atmosphere of BvS was too dark and gritty and devoid of any humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    The direct comparisons to Marvel movies pretty much confirm it. I'm sure I'll like WW but I'll be disappointed if they always fall onto that paradigm. I really don't get why people want jokes so much. Superheroics shouldn't be reduced to comedies.

And I'll probably be annoyed by the way haters go "see?? THIS is a good DC movie" because it's a linear predictable origin story with humor in it.
    Agreed... great points. Went back and read a few of those reviews that directly compare WW to Thor and CA twice.

I don't want all of my superhero movies looking and feeling the same. That's one reason I truly don't mind Snyder's aesthetics on screen.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 05-18-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post

I think there's a fine line between something being "fun" and feeling like a straight-up comedy.

I've always felt the best DC works struck a solid balance.

I've seen Civil War 4 times (I use this example because the humor was inappropriate for the story) and the attempts at humor throughout that entire movie are forced. There are even some moments in Guardians (my second favorite MCU movie) that are slightly forced. I am not going to argue with someone who honestly thinks the MCU doesn't force a lot of their humor (Ironman 3 had a lot, too. And plus that movie was extraordinarily lame but hey, it scored high.)

And Nolan's films weren't gritty, they were realistic, clean, and modern.
    BvS was gritty by just about every definition. Compare BvS to the styles and tones of TDK or TDKR and you'll see there are differences. And I specifically remember critics saying the atmosphere of BvS was too dark and gritty and devoid of any humor.

Agreed... great points. Went back and read a few of those reviews that directly compare WW to Thor and CA twice.

I don't want all of my superhero movies looking and feeling the same. That's one reason I truly don't mind Snyder's aesthetics on screen.
    The humor in Civil War certainly wasn't forced, aside the Stan Lee Cameo the only humor was in the Airport fight, and don't even say the Nolan movies weren't dark and gritty because they certainly were, and they did it far better than the DCEU has so far, and DCEU films are too dark superheroes are supposed to be hopeful and inspiring in DCEU we have serial killer Batman and emo Superman.
    And don't act like a movie being devoid of humor isn't a legit criticism because it is even the Nolan movies had a few jokes here and there.
    Last edited by TitanMax; 05-18-2017 at 10:20 PM.