Page 1084 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 845849841034107410801081108210831084108510861087108810941134 ... LastLast
Results 16,246 to 16,260 of 17692
    Spectacular Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    *Looks at username*

*Snickers*
    Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I know where you're going there and I agree that it has hurt Snyder.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    I kinda wanna hear this theory
    I really don't want to take this thread off topic, so I'll just message both of you with a quick summary of what I personally think.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Hahaha.

I really don't want to take this thread off topic, so I'll just message both of you with a quick summary of what I personally think.
    Message me too please.

I still think people are making too many excuses for BvS right now. It's ok if you liked it but it was also very mixed among the general audiences. It got the same cinemascore as Green Lantern, Elektra, and Catwoman which is reflected in its drops after OW. I believe it ended up having a less than 2.0 multiplier. That's toxic word of mouth. Suicide Squad had much better legs despite the reviews because I think audiences still enjoyed it to an extent. That clearly was not the case with BvS
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

I know where you're going there and I agree that it has hurt Snyder.
    can you please explain. i too am fascinated at the bad rap that seem to follow zack snyder around. i personally dont understand it, i loved 300, watchman, mos, and bvs. dont know much about his personal life

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    can you please explain. i too am fascinated at the bad rap that seem to follow zack snyder around. i personally dont understand it, i loved 300, watchman, mos, and bvs. dont know much about his personal life
    Like Wandering Wand, I don't really want to make this a political discussion. Unfortunately, some people can't discuss the subject without taking it to volatile and absurd lengths.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I still think people are making too many excuses for BvS right now. It's ok if you liked it but it was also very mixed among the general audiences. It got the same cinemascore as Green Lantern, Elektra, and Catwoman which is reflected in its drops after OW. I believe it ended up having a less than 2.0 multiplier. That's toxic word of mouth. Suicide Squad had much better legs despite the reviews because I think audiences still enjoyed it to an extent. That clearly was not the case with BvS
    They enjoyed both films and were unquestionably successful, FWIW.

Mighty Member

I'm in the group that liked the BvS extended cut, but still believed it should have been better. I think Snyder is very heavy handed with the God/Savior imagery for Superman. It was also a little too subtle at times. I know many intelligent people who work in the film industry who had no idea that Flash was in the movie twice. Why... because they had no idea what the first Flash scene was. While Snyder seems to have done well with his hero castings... his Luthor casting was a misstep in the opinion of many people that I talk to. I still enjoyed it but it should have/could have been so much more... and regardless of what they say publicly they do wish that it had done better in theatres and with critics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Some people hate Snyder's use of slow motion... that is a big thing with many film people I know. You loved those movies but did you like Sucker Punch?

Spectacular Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    You're correct. Word of mouth killed BvS and the general bad reviews, which surprisingly a lot of people base going to see a movie, or not.
    I enjoyed BvS, and enjoyed the UE even more. But, I'm not saying it was a perfect movie. The flaws were apparent and the movie could have been so much better. Or, even split into two loosely tied in parts to flesh the entire arc and introductions of Batman and Wonder Woman more.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I'm in the group that liked the BvS extended cut, but still believed it should have been better. I think Snyder is very heavy handed with the God/Savior imagery for Superman. It was also a little too subtle at times. I know many intelligent people who work in the film industry who had no idea that Flash was in the movie twice. Why... because they had no idea what the first Flash scene was. While Snyder seems to have done well with his hero castings... his Luthor casting was a misstep in the opinion of many people that I talk to. I still enjoyed it but it should have/could have been so much more... and regardless of what they say publicly they do wish that it had done better in theatres and with critics.
    The Flash scene and Knightmare sequence confused so many people. I had to explain to my family members what was going on because they genuinely had no idea and couldn't even tell it was The Flash.
    Again, I agree the movie was flawed. But then again, I don't think it's the worst thing to ever grace cinema as many people would have us believe.

I can only hope Justice League is better put together.

It had a 166 million opening weekend and finished with 330 million total domestic. Those are monumental drops. That tells me there was a lot of hype and people looking forward to it but the word of mouth past the first weekend was toxic enough for historic drops. And this was against very weak competition as well so it's not like there were other movies drawing attention from BvS. It had like a whole month to itself. Justice League will be a different scenario. It will actually face strong competition: the legs of Thor, a Pixar movie, and then eventually Star Wars in about 3-4 weeks. BvS level reaction by audiences just won't do if it wants to make more than what BvS did

fair enough, i was able to find out more info and i agree if thats the case

Some people hate Snyder's use of slow motion... that is a big thing with many film people I know. You loved those movies but did you like Sucker Punch?
    i have to be completely honest with you. i did not see sucker punch

Well Tom Hardy has been cast as Venom. I was really hoping they'd find a role for him the the DCEU.

Mighty Member

Well it's being produced by Sony, hardly an auspicious sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well Tom Hardy has been cast as Venom. I was really hoping they'd find a role for him the the DCEU.
    He would have been wasted as Rick Flagg imo. Still salty about this Venom movie but as someone whose never particularly liked that character, I guess I'm somewhat happy he won't be in the MCU now

Snyder's films would still get grief regarding their tone, granted. If a person doesn't like a more dark and gritty approach, it really doesn't matter what Snyder says about this or that.

As for Eisenberg, I didn't think he was bad and was far, far better than the Donner version, IMO.