Page 1830 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 83013301730178018201826182718281829183018311832183318341840 ... LastLast
Results 27,436 to 27,450 of 27722
  1. #27436
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Lol you're way overestimating Mary Poppins. Not sure why though... Younger folks definitely won't care for it
    They had that gag with Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 though. Must have deliberately been put it in for synergy purposes. I also think a lot of children are shown Poppins on home video by their parents who have a fondness for the film.

  2. #27437
    Astonishing Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Is Joker really a compelling enough character to support his own movie without the Bat?
    I guess yes and it has good people involved but the Joker is like Michael Myers to me less is more with any back story.

  3. #27438
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    8,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    BvS moved because it was opening against Civil War and it was a good decision it's opening weekend was huge and would had taken a hit if facing Civil War simply because it would had deluded the audience potential. Aquaman is going to take a hit between Bumblebee and Mary Poppins if you support Aquaman and want it to succeed to it's fullest potential you should want it to move.
    The problem is there's just no space though. Even January looks stronger than usual with Glass (had forgotten about that one previously) and the Hellboy reboot. As you said, December 7 is a vacant date but that's risking losing families where moms and dads are out shopping. Plus, Aquaman's legs will then be crushed by the simultaneous assault of Into The Spider-Verse (a movie that I think will be a bigger threat than Bumblebee), Mortal Engines, Bumblebee, Alita: Battle Angel and of course, Mary Poppins herself.

  4. #27439
    Astonishing Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    BvS moved because it was opening against Civil War and it was a good decision it's opening weekend was huge and would had taken a hit if facing Civil War simply because it would had deluded the audience potential. Aquaman is going to take a hit between Bumblebee and Mary Poppins if you support Aquaman and want it to succeed to it's fullest potential you should want it to move.
    There is absolutely no where for Aquaman to move though. Every where is jam packed. If it's an entertaining, quality film, then it'll do just fine.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

  5. #27440
    Chosen One Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    17,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Is Joker really a compelling enough character to support his own movie without the Bat?
    I feel he's less a character than that he is a plot device in a suit. He's like a talkier Doomsday that way.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  6. #27441
    Incredible Member TheNewFiftyForum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-a-go-1126127

    The Joaquin Phoenix Todd Phillips-directed Joker movie is officially slated to begin production in September.

    Looks like the Elseworlds films are happening, for better or for worse.
    The one thing that brings me hope for that project is that Phoenix has been really picky with his roles for the last ten years or so, he wouldn't have signed on if he didn't like the script and/or pitch.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

  7. #27442
    Reader of Stuff Hilden B. Lade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    An Official Shazam Still has been released:


    Looks like they're taking some story cues from Geoff Johns' Shazam, as expected - though Shazam brought soda instead of beer here.

    (Maybe it's alcoholic soda?)

  8. #27443
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    My bad, that is the Freddie actor.
    Richard Alexander

  9. #27444
    Astonishing Member Doctor Know's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    An Official Shazam Still has been released:


    Looks like they're taking some story cues from Geoff Johns' Shazam, as expected - though Shazam brought soda instead of beer here.

    (Maybe it's alcoholic soda?)
    Nice!


  10. #27445
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    An Official Shazam Still has been released:


    Looks like they're taking some story cues from Geoff Johns' Shazam, as expected - though Shazam brought soda instead of beer here.

    (Maybe it's alcoholic soda?)
    Yep, it's based off the Johns' story all right .

    The suit is definitely based on the New 52 look but the texture seems more "Captain Marvel."

    Does it still have the random hood?

  11. #27446
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    1,686

    Default

    I noticed nobody posted this.

    It's been revealed that Djimon Hounsou plays the Wizard!
    http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/10/djim...shazam-wizard/

    Terrific casting.
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  12. #27447
    Incredible Member RepHope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    618

    Default

    I think Shazam is going to be a WW-tier sleeper hit.

  13. #27448
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,390

    Default

    Dwayne Johnson stated that he won’t have a cameo in Shazam. Bummer. I really wanted to see a quick flashback or hint of the Wizard’s previous champion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I noticed nobody posted this.

    It's been revealed that Djimon Hounsou plays the Wizard!
    http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/10/djim...shazam-wizard/

    Terrific casting.
    Kinda disappointed that Ron Cephas Jones dropped out. I think he has a more interesting look for the Wizard. He looks like he could play a North African or Middle Eastern character. I always thought The Wizard should have a mixed race look as he’s associated with gods from different cultures.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-11-2018 at 02:08 PM.

  14. #27449
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I noticed nobody posted this.

    It's been revealed that Djimon Hounsou plays the Wizard!
    http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/10/djim...shazam-wizard/

    Terrific casting.
    Actually, I posted a link about it earlier .

    I do find it kind of amusing that he's going to be jumping from two different Captain Marvel movies from the Big Two .
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Dwayne Johnson stated that he won’t have a cameo in Shazam. Bummer. I really wanted to see a quick flashback or hint of the Wizard’s previous champion.
    If this Black Adam thing actually gets off the ground, I'm curious how soon before we see him go toe-to-toe with Billy.

  15. #27450
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They had that gag with Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 though. Must have deliberately been put it in for synergy purposes. I also think a lot of children are shown Poppins on home video by their parents who have a fondness for the film.
    LOL home video
    the new generation has no particular memories to Poppins, its a shout out to adults starllord is like 40 or close to it and makes refrences that your preants will get but not the children

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •