Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    All they've been doing is spread negative rumors about the DCEU movies. If some movies don't turn out to be great then BOF only looks correct in retrospect.
    Yeah, the "X project is a total mess" rumors are so vague that they have a chance of being true despite the fact that no proof is actually present.

Jett's full of crap, as are most of the click baiters. The movie could be garbage, but they sure as hell don't know it for a fact.

Spectacular Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Wonder Woman is less than $3 million away from $800 million globally. Japan is the last market to open on August 25th. They may also re-release later in the year I read if they want to make a serious push for Oscar buzz (it'll be a limited re-release). It probably has another $3-5 million left in NA, guessing. Looking at the averages for DC movies in Japan, it should make at least another $10-15 million (might even be a little more). So, I think this movie finishes out around $820 million global, which is beyond phenomenal for a superhero origin film.

As I've said before, as long as Justice League isn't an unwatchable mess, I don't see why it can't do Avengers style numbers North of $1.3-$1.6 billion (yes, the same was said for BvS, but look how that turned out).

In related but less important news, Wonder Woman and BvS have more critic reviews than Spiderman Homecoming and Guardians 2. Generally speaking, the more reviews, the lower the scores long term. Just making a point here that it appears more people wanted to voice their opinions on these DCEU movies than these last couple MCU ones.
    But, hey, no bias or MCU colored glasses, right?

In order to achieve Avengers numbers it will need a multiplier of 3 or higher assuming the ow is close to 200 million plus roughly 800 million or more from overseas gross. It also has to compete with the sequel to TFA, but it shouldn't hinder it too much. I'll make a safe bet and say it will near Beauty and The Beast numbers.

And as for reviews, When the DCEU pumps out 15+ movies tell me if they still get 320 or more reviews.

Kingdom Come Board Original Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I can see this argument, MOS ended on the premise that "I'm cool with being Superman now." But I would say the real conclusion was that he was going to openly and continuously be Superman, and BvS was the resulting complications his father warned about now that he was out in the open. I can see why people were over the "complications" piece though, while I enjoyed them.
    While I would have preferred a more hopeful Superman after MofS, I understand why they went in the direction they did and it does progress well from where the character was at the end of that movie. Clark had been told over and over again by his father to keep himself hidden until the right moment. However, Clark's overwhelming desire to help people kept him from ever living a normal life because he had to keep moving on in order to keep himself hidden. Zod's arrival forces Clark to stop hiding and stand revealed in front of the world as Pa Kent said he would one day have to, and changes the world. However, at the end of MofS, we see that Clark has managed to find a way to live among us as a human while also serving humanity as Superman. In essence, he's accepted both sides of himself, the human and the alien, and found a way to reconcile them, which is the heart of the film.

BvS is different challenge altogether, forcing both Clark & Superman with the reality that, while he's chosen to serve humanity, much of humanity fears and rejects him. In the end, though, he still chooses to sacrifice everything to save them, which, in turn, convinces the world he only wanted to help, most specifically in Bruce Wayne and Diana, whose faith in pure heroism is reignited after decades of loss and tragedy.

It's really difficult to accuse the DCEU movies of being bereft of depth and ideas. They are bursting with them. It's a shame the execution of those ideas has been so lacking at times that audiences haven't responded to them until recently.

Invincible Member

The problem is, it shouldn't take THREE movies (and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that he'll be full-on Superman by the end of JL) to get the Superman that people paid to see in the first place. I gave it a pass in MOS, but with BVS it felt like Snyder was contriving "dark moments." I didn't buy into what he was selling at all (it didn't help that said contrivance were really blatant and the movie was a mess narrative-wise).

It was basically "ok, you gave us one movie telling us why being Superman might make Clark miserable, and I gave you a pass on it because it was an origin story and there was enough good stuff going on elsewhere for me to still like the film. But now you're doing it again, and doubling down on it, and I'm tired of it." And the response shows that apparently a lot of other people were as well.

I don't about seeing two and a half hours of "Clark getting crapped on," nor and us not getting into his head more made it so that I still having caring about him. It's like Snyder thinks that Superman is the least interesting thing in his own franchise. It's all about "the idea" or Superman, but little with the actual character (a mistake that Bryan Singer also made).

It's one of Snyder's biggest flaws imo. His ambitions often far exceeded his grasp/ability to execute them.

Fantastic Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem is, it shouldn't take THREE movies (and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that he'll be full-on Superman by the end of JL) to get the Superman that people paid to see in the first place. I gave it a pass in MOS, but with BVS it felt like Snyder was contriving "dark moments." I didn't buy into what he was selling at all (it didn't help that said contrivance were really blatant and the movie was a mess narrative-wise).

It was basically "ok, you gave us one movie telling us why being Superman might make Clark miserable, and I gave you a pass on it because it was an origin story and there was enough good stuff going on elsewhere for me to still like the film. But now you're doing it again, and doubling down on it, and I'm tired of it." And the response shows that apparently a lot of other people were as well.

I don't about seeing two and a half hours of "Clark getting crapped on," nor and us not getting into his head more made it so that I still having caring about him. It's like Snyder thinks that Superman is the least interesting thing in his own franchise. It's all about "the idea" or Superman, but little with the actual character (a mistake that Bryan Singer also made).

It's one of Snyder's biggest flaws imo. His ambitions often far exceeded his grasp/ability to execute them.
    Agree. I've become resigned to the notion that fans will realize how much Snyder lacks as a storyteller after a few more non Snyder DCEU films knock it out of the park.

Snyder strikes me as the kind of comic book store visitor that goes straight for the elseworld paperbacks and was never interested in the mainline takes in characters. His film adaptation decisions make more sense after thinking like this, and also explains his 300 and Watchmen projects (and the Injustice nightmare sequences in BvS).

I think Snyder largely gets credit for his passion and excitement for the characters we all love and for helping to get the DCEU going.

Karen Gillan Would Like to Play The Joker in a DCEU Movie

http://screenrant.com/karen-gillan-i...er-dceu-movie/
    Life is too short to waste on bad movies/TV/books/music.

"A lot of people have asked me why I don't use my canary cry when I'm fighting. It's my training. Everything I've learned, everything I've worked for as a martial artist...is about what you can do with your bare hands and your heart. It's like bringing a bazooka to a boxing match." - Black Canary

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    We'll see how things turn out I suppose. Whedon is making his presence felt supposedly.
    Life is too short to waste on bad movies/TV/books/music.

"A lot of people have asked me why I don't use my canary cry when I'm fighting. It's my training. Everything I've learned, everything I've worked for as a martial artist...is about what you can do with your bare hands and your heart. It's like bringing a bazooka to a boxing match." - Black Canary

And that would not be Whedon changing the ending, that would be the studio changing the ending after really bad feedback from test audiences.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Karen Gillan Would Like to Play The Joker in a DCEU Movie

http://screenrant.com/karen-gillan-i...er-dceu-movie/
    .... The Flash movie was about Flashpoint, no? She can appear in a flashback of thomas wayne as martha and as the Joker..

I don't think this is anything new, I believe they said they changed it ever since they decided that JL won't be a two-parter, which was way before Joss came on board.

Is it spoilery

It is isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't think this is anything new, I believe they said they changed it ever since they decided that JL won't be a two-parter, which was way before Joss came on board.
    Yeah, I think so too. There were also rumors of a New Gods movie being considered so they could have changed it into a long game (which would absolutely be the right way to go about it).

Is it spoilery

It is isn't it
    Not really. It's about an alleged previous ending which is now said to have been dropped. You may have a look if you want to know what NOT to expect at the end of the movie.

Is it spoilery

It is isn't it
    Kinda, yeah.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner