Page 1047 of 1344 FirstFirst ... 475479479971037104310441045104610471048104910501051105710971147 ... LastLast
Results 15,691 to 15,705 of 20149

I wouldn't expect a huge record breaking outing for WW
    It will probably make less than Suicide Squad

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Is Cyborg canceled? It's only three years away and I haven't heard a thing about it since it was announced.

https://www.google.ru/amp/amp.usatod...tory/99569374/

Zack Snyder's new interview.

With "maybe the expection of Robin" Batman was a loner... okay (poor Nightwing and Batgirl).
    Last edited by nightbird; 04-19-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    https://www.google.ru/amp/amp.usatod...tory/99569374/

Zack Snyder's new interview.

With "maybe the expection of Robin" Batman was a loner... okay (poor Nightwing and Batgirl).
    This came out March 25/27, 2017, around the time of the trailer, this has been an old interview. But it interesting how this expands in future movies tbh.

Yeah after Justice League, Snyder is not going to be involved with the DCEU anymore. If the soft reboot rumors are true (and I hope they are!), whatever previous plans were are going to be scrapped. I hope the people in charge have a legit plan going forward instead of just throwing shit at the wall. Hopefully when AT&T acquistition goes through, there's some new blood and the newly created 'DC films' can orchestrate a good plan

Right now, DC needs its own Kevin Feige.
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Right now, DC needs its own Kevin Feige.
    Yeah they do.

I applaud DC/WB for trying something different and not going for the simple and lazy approach of copying Marvel's formula (which likely would've failed anyway), and I think the more grounded, dramatic vibe is a nice contrast to the archetypal core DC roster, who are more like concepts made flesh than traditional characters (generally). But clearly there's a serious lack of cohesion, the inability to retain directors is downright scary, and whoever is calling the shots either can't make up their mind or they bend too easily to pressure.

Someone with a clear vision, an iron spine, and a deep understanding of both the properties and the film industry needs to step in and take control. Hell, I'll happily settle for a handful of people who possess the requisite knowledge among them.

When it comes to DC, Warners acts like a chicken with its head cut off. And it needs to stop.

Come on, WB! You control four of the six greatest fictional pop culture icons on earth! How are you **not** making mountains of money faster than you can count it????
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

A soft reboot would never work in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Why not? True, it hasn't really been done but before 2008, people said a shared universe would never work in feature films
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I wouldn't expect a huge record breaking outing for WW
    It will probably make less than Suicide Squad
    It will probably make around a half billion give or take a hundred million. For a solo superhero film, especially one that only cost 100 million or so to make, that should be a success enough. For the opening weekend gross though, I pretty much agree, give or take with the numbers estimated on other sites.

I'm just hoping critic/general audience give it nice reviews though.

What's the difference between a soft and hard reboot?
    Life is too short to waste on bad movies/TV/books/music.

"A lot of people have asked me why I don't use my canary cry when I'm fighting. It's my training. Everything I've learned, everything I've worked for as a martial artist...is about what you can do with your bare hands and your heart. It's like bringing a bazooka to a boxing match." - Black Canary

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    What's the difference between a soft and hard reboot?
    A soft reboot pretends certain things did/never happen. A full on reboot wipes the slate clean.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://twitter.com/yahya/status/854696221134299136

Looks like Yahja Abdul Mateen II has personally confirmed that he will be Black Manta in Aquaman.

A soft reboot pretends certain things did/never happen. A full on reboot wipes the slate clean.
    A good way to put it in perspective: the New 52 was SUPPOSED to be a hard reboot. It was supposed to be a complete wiping of the slate, wiping away everything that had come before. However? DC just couldn't risk doing anything to damage their sales figures for Batman and Green Lantern, so those continuities were left essentially intact.

The New 52 was supposed to be, and probably should have been, a hard reboot. Instead, it ended up being a soft reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/yahya/status/854696221134299136

Looks like Yahja Abdul Mateen II has personally confirmed that he will be Black Manta in Aquaman.
    Sweet! He looks like a badass, and I hope he delivers a strong performance. If James Wan plays his cards right, Black Manta could be a great Darth Vader-esque villain that could really fascinate the audience.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

What if in Justice League the League fails to save Earth so Barry decides to travel back in time, placing us in the time before the events of Man of Steel takes place?
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Incredible Member

WHEDON Shoots Down BATGIRL Casting Rumors, 'Doubts' She'll Be a 'Name' Actor

Joss Whedon has made his first public statements about directing Warner Bros.'s Batgirl film - while on the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 red carpet. During Wednesday evening's event, Variety asked the one-time Avengers helmer about the movie and just who he's looking at to portray Batgirl.

“I don’t have my eye on anybody,” said Whedon. “I feel like I’m creating this character. I’m in a dialogue with her, and then we’ll see who joins that later on.”

Some sites previously speculated that The 100's Lindsey Morgan had already been cast in the role, but Whedon's comments here shoot that down. In fact, Whedon says it probably won't be a major 'movie star' at all - and for a reason.

“I doubt it’ll be ‘a name.’ I think this is somewhere where you’ll go an find Batgirl, and then you cast her," said the writer/director. "I’m not against movie stars; they’re great. But you need somebody who’s going to be just right. And a situation like this, the name carries a lot of weight,” he added, “so it’s not as critical, so … definitely Vin Diesel.”
    Variety clip