Page 1048 of 1053 FirstFirst ... 485489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052 ... LastLast
Results 15,706 to 15,720 of 15784

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    A soft reboot would never work in the movies.
    Im not so sure, honestly.

They can keep the basic events that have happened in the DCEU, change the tone of the films, wrap up any lingering narrative threads, and the films could swing in a different direction without having to dump everything that came before.

All in all, the problem with the films hasn't been the actors, the costumes, or even the basic plots. I mean, Superman shows up to save earth from aliens. Some people dont like him. Batman has gone off the rails and is manipulated into fighting him. Clark dies fighting Doomsday. Amanda Waller recruits the Squad. Batman assembles the League to fight an evil New God and collect some Mother Boxes.

Nothing wrong with any of that, but the execution is what has left people cold. So change the execution and push things in a more positive direction and you're good to go.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    WHEDON Shoots Down BATGIRL Casting Rumors, 'Doubts' She'll Be a 'Name' Actor

Variety clip
    Nice; looks like he's in full control of the project and taking his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    WHEDON Shoots Down BATGIRL Casting Rumors, 'Doubts' She'll Be a 'Name' Actor

Variety clip
    I think that's for the best. This role should go to a young, hungry actress who recognizes what a big potential opportunity this is for her career. A named actress would probably approach this just as a "fun" opportunity.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

A movie reboot is a bad idea.

Just make some stand alone films featuring DC characters, made by people who have a vision and a voice. Make an occasional team up JUSTICE LEAGUE flick, in the same fashion.

I want films to be made by filmmakers, not board room execs. If they want to start with Crisis on Film Universe 12, I would rather they just never make superhero movies.

Seriously. Writing one of these joints isn't rocket science. It just requires a creative person who doesn't want to burn everything down. If it becomes rocket science, you're simply employing the wrong folks.

Not everything needs to connect seamlessly. Just tell some rock solid stories, with enough for people to chew on.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-20-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

They should do a movie where Black Manta, Black Mask and Black Adam team up to fight Black Lightning. Oh come on, I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    They should do a movie where Black Manta, Black Mask and Black Adam team up to fight Black Lightning. Oh come on, I tried.
    Haha! Then it segues into Blackest Night and the Black Lanterns.

Haha! Then it segues into Blackest Night and the Black Lanterns.
    I got a laugh out of you. This day was not wasted. This thread can often become too serious.

Joss Whedon on 'Batgirl' and Exploring the "Damage" Behind His Next Superhero

"She came up, and I started getting obsessed with how a young woman could get hardcore enough to need to put on the cowl. Like, What's her damage?" he told Heat Vision.

He noted unlike Batman, Batgirl has no childhood tragedy that forced her into a life of crime fighting.

"She didn't have her parents killed in an alley. Who is this person, who decides rather than being forced to by their childhood trauma decides to pick up this life?" he said. "How intense and driven that person is ... I just couldn't stop thinking about it."
    Source

Despite the DCEU being critically bad, they seem to have GOOD will amongst the general audience. It only took DCEU 3 movies to breeze past 1 billion, while it took MCU 5 films or so. DCEU is already breaking records and making a ton of cash. On home video, ALL three DCEU sold extremely well. Suicide Squad is on pace to break both Civil War and BVS in total revenue.

Wonder Woman is projected to do above 80 million, which is solid, too.

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Despite the DCEU being critically bad, they seem to have GOOD will amongst the general audience. It only took DCEU 3 movies to breeze past 1 billion, while it took MCU 5 films or so. DCEU is already breaking records and making a ton of cash. On home video, ALL three DCEU sold extremely well. Suicide Squad is on pace to break both Civil War and BVS in total revenue.

Wonder Woman is projected to do above 80 million, which is solid, too.
    I'd say it has to do with the current movie atmosphere right now. People are just more receptive to comic/hero movies now. MCU took a huge risk on a C-lister like Iron Man when that came out and not many people knew about him. After they got hot and popular, even nobodies like Guardians of the Galaxy sold like hot cakes.
    "This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims." LMAO. Thanks, Rick.

At this rate, DC might never make any good movies. Marvel has been putting out a lot of "by the numbers"/formulaic movies as well. They all seem to just be commercials for the next ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    I'd say it has to do with the current movie atmosphere right now. People are just more receptive to comic/hero movies now. MCU took a huge risk on a C-lister like Iron Man when that came out and not many people knew about him. After they got hot and popular, even nobodies like Guardians of the Galaxy sold like hot cakes.
    Well, the BVS sold identical to CW, which shows there are a lot of fans of the DCEU. Its hardly doomed like some people say. SS is on pace to sell even more than either of them, but not more than Deadpool.

Well, the BVS sold identical to CW, which shows there are a lot of fans of the DCEU. Its hardly doomed like some people say. SS is on pace to sell even more than either of them, but not more than Deadpool.
    For sure, I mean DC has some iconic ass characters, so it's not surprising people would wanna see Batman or Supes on the screen. I really think SS jacked Guardians of the Galaxy's vibe and that's what got asses in seats though lol ("The trailer was so good! You hear the music?!"). I'm just hoping for some more quality movies from DCEU going forward.
    "This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims." LMAO. Thanks, Rick.

At this rate, DC might never make any good movies. Marvel has been putting out a lot of "by the numbers"/formulaic movies as well. They all seem to just be commercials for the next ones.

DC has a very clever marketing team. They constantly showcased The Joker & Batman to get people interested in Suicide Squad despite being hardly central to anything in the final cut. Why though once the negative reviews came rolling in did people continue to see them I don't know. Maybe a mixture of brand loyalty and just a strong desire to see The Justice League on screen similar to the MCU.

Gal with a fan on set

Gal with a fan on set
    Gal is a giant!