Page 1049 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104510461047104810491050105110521053105910991149 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 19023

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Gal with a fan on set
    D'aaaaaw!

That kid is going to grow up to become a real-life superhero!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah they do.

Come on, WB! You control four of the six greatest fictional pop culture icons on earth! How are you **not** making mountains of money faster than you can count it????
    Just curious: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman...who is the fourth? (I assume you meant superhero icons?)
    And who would be the other two to get to six? Spider-Man and who else?

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    Just curious: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman...who is the fourth? (I assume you meant superhero icons?)
    I'd say either Joker or Robin.

But it is interesting that despite poor reception so far all the DCEU movies have done very well on DVD and blu-ray I was pretty surprised when I found out BvS sold better than Age of Ultron. Despite AoU coming out a year earlier and getting much better reviews. Incredible to think how much more money the DCEU would be making if their movies got great reviews.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 04-20-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I'd say either Joker or Robin.

But it is interesting that despite poor reception so far all the DCEU movies have done very well on DVD and blu-ray I was pretty surprised when I found our BvS sold better than Age of Ultron. Despite AoU coming out a year earlier and getting much better reviews. Invredible to think how much more money the DCEU would be making if their movies got great reviews.
    All of this stuff about how poorly the DCEU has done is exaggerated beyond belief. For example, here in Australia BvS was one of the top 10 bestselling home video releases of 2016; meanwhile, Civil War didn't even make the list.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Gal is a giant!
    Gal Gadot is 5 feet and 10 inches tall according to Google.

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman Los Angeles Premiere Happening May 25th

Wonder Womanís red carpet Los Angeles premiere will be taking place on Thursday May 25th, at Graumanís Chinese Theatre at 5pm PDT.

Itís also being reported that soon after the premiere the embargo for the reviews for the film will be also lifted, if those reports are accurate, the Wonder Womanís reviews will be up a week prior to the filmís release date on June 2nd.

Lifting the embargo a week before release? That probably means they are very confident that the reviews will be largely positive and may actually sway more people to go and see it.

Marvel typically lifts their embargoes about a week early, I believe.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    Gal Gadot is 5 feet and 10 inches tall according to Google.
    I'm very short, so she is a giant to me too! lol
    "This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims." LMAO. Thanks, Rick.

At this rate, DC might never make any good movies. Marvel has been putting out a lot of "by the numbers"/formulaic movies as well. They all seem to just be commercials for the next ones.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Lifting the embargo a week before release? That probably means they are very confident that the reviews will be largely positive and may actually sway more people to go and see it.

Good point. They must be really confident about it. This may be finally a winner for the DCEU. Man, I wish I could go to that early premiere.
    Last edited by Reservoir Dog; 04-21-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

I think this would be the first DC movie to do that. The others have been guarded against the anticipated bad reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    Robin, Spider-Man, The Hulk.

Is Hulk really more iconic than Wolverine? He definitely stands out in that group of 6 as not belonging there
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

I'm going to show my elderly and typically grandmotherly Colombian grandmothers some images of various superheroes and see who they recognize. Only way to settle this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Is Hulk really more iconic than Wolverine? He definitely stands out in that group of 6 as not belonging there
    For a very long time the top Marvel characters, in order, have been Spider-Man, The Hulk, and Captain America.

Maybe with all the X-Men and Wolverine movies that's changed but those were Marvel's top three for decades.

And there's no question Robin is the fourth DC character. Everyone knows Superman, everyone knows Batman and Robin, everyone knows Wonder Woman. I'd say the same would still be so of Spider-Man and The Hulk.

Note that the earliest DC/Marvel crossovers were Superman and Spider-Man then Batman and The Hulk. That wasn't random. They were matching up their top characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    For a very long time the top Marvel characters, in order, have been Spider-Man, The Hulk, and Captain America.

Maybe with all the X-Men and Wolverine movies that's changed but those were Marvel's top three for decades.

And there's no question Robin is the fourth DC character. Everyone knows Superman, everyone knows Batman and Robin, everyone knows Wonder Woman. I'd say the same would still be so of Spider-Man and The Hulk.

Note that the earliest DC/Marvel crossovers were Superman and Spider-Man then Batman and The Hulk. That wasn't random. They were matching up their top characters.
    I think there's an argument to be made that the Avengers movies rather than the X-Men movies have changed the landscape of recognizable Marvel characters. When I think of who I thought were the top Marvel characters ten years ago, I'd have said Spider-Man, Hulk and the X-Men as a unit or Wolverine if I had to pick a single one. Now I think I'd actually say Iron Man first and foremost, then Cap, then Spidey, then Hulk in fourth. Note that I don't really think this is a positive change as I regard Hulk as approximately 60% cooler than Iron Man.

I definitely agree about DC's fourth icon though - "Batman and Robin" together are half of the four icons.

It's the other two that interest me! I mean personally I'm not even sure they are Marvel characters. I think it was Ellison who once said that the most renowned characters in the world were Superman, Robin Hood, Tarzan, King Arthur and Mickey Mouse. Imagine selling that as a team-up book! But obviously the last fifty years have changed things and I'd add at least Batman and Spider-Man to the roster.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."