Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1967
  1. #1936
    Astonishing Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Guys, read Defenders

    spoilers:
    Felicia officially renounces her Queenpin ways and delivers some severe gun-touting payback to Diamondback
    end of spoilers
    https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oJEoF32cA...lack%2Bcat.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  2. #1937
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,810

    Default

    Hopefully they don't change it and it's really true and she's back to her old self, she and Peter then need to have a nice long talk...

  3. #1938
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, the continuity is jarring, especially with the fact Felicia has her wounds bandaged so it can't just be a case of this all happening between her leaving the hospital and when she shows up here.

    It is what it is with Bendis and continuity. Slott obviously wanted to take command of when Felicia's return to form would occur, but Bendis had the more natural story.
    At the end of the day I can live with the continuity confusion, I understand that it was two different writers who had her involved in two unrelated stories. Just after reading the issue i was trying to piece the two together and it doesn't really work out.

    That being said despite it not including Spiderman, at this moment I think I prefer how her redemption was handled in Defenders. Her "wake up call" of being almost killed in her own apartment because of the path she was going down is a believable enough reason for her to rethink her life. I really liked the single panel a few issues back of her just looking sad and lost in the hospital room while Hammerhead argued with the police outside, it said a lot about her mindset without her having to say a thing.

    I imagine most of her criminal run will be quickly shoved under the rug which will be a little weird that everyone will sort of forget the awful stuff she did. However, if that's the price to no longer have the Queenpin then I say it's worth it.

  4. #1939
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post
    At the end of the day I can live with the continuity confusion, I understand that it was two different writers who had her involved in two unrelated stories. Just after reading the issue i was trying to piece the two together and it doesn't really work out.

    That being said despite it not including Spiderman, at this moment I think I prefer how her redemption was handled in Defenders. Her "wake up call" of being almost killed in her own apartment because of the path she was going down is a believable enough reason for her to rethink her life. I really liked the single panel a few issues back of her just looking sad and lost in the hospital room while Hammerhead argued with the police outside, it said a lot about her mindset without her having to say a thing.

    I imagine most of her criminal run will be quickly shoved under the rug which will be a little weird that everyone will sort of forget the awful stuff she did. However, if that's the price to no longer have the Queenpin then I say it's worth it.
    And she didn't need to get an inspirational speech from Venom .

  5. #1940
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,810

    Default

    I just hope that she's fully back to her old self, who knows maybe she can be there for Peter when he and Mockingbird split up whenever that is...

  6. #1941
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just hope that she's fully back to her old self, who knows maybe she can be there for Peter when he and Mockingbird split up whenever that is...
    I think that Felicia was already doing that within the VENOM INC Mini-Event within AMAZING SPIDER-MAN.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 01-31-2018 at 08:25 PM.

  7. #1942
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,810

    Default

    You meant Felicia right...anyway as long as they're not going to put Peter and MJ together he and Felicia should get a real chance...

  8. #1943
    Spectacular Member Spidey5640's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Great to see a return to her true self....what a misstep with the Queenpin angle

  9. #1944
    Astonishing Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    BC by Todd Nauck...

    black cat todd nauck.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  10. #1945
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,810

    Default

    That's more her old self, always fun when she'd tease Peter and all...

  11. #1946
    Astonishing Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,196
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  12. #1947
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,810

    Default

    I like it except for the tail...though maybe it's a tease for Peter...or not...

  13. #1948
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just hope that she's fully back to her old self, who knows maybe she can be there for Peter when he and Mockingbird split up whenever that is...
    I never saw anything wrong with Peter and Bobbi. Although I felt that their relationship should have take its time to develop based on their common interests. IMO, Bobbi had more in common with Peter than she ever did with Hawkeye. There's nothing wrong with Peter in a relationship with a heroine, as long as its based on their common interests and shared beliefs. Case in point, aside from Bobbi, here are the following non-Spidey created characters who would work well with Spider-Man and Peter Parker:

    Jennifer Walters
    Black Widow
    Jessica Drew
    Betsy Braddock
    Tigra
    Carol Danvers
    Silver Sable

    Any of those relationship if done correctly (without compromising their character)could lead to some interesting stories....

  14. #1949
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I never saw anything wrong with Peter and Bobbi. Although I felt that their relationship should have take its time to develop based on their common interests. IMO, Bobbi had more in common with Peter than she ever did with Hawkeye.
    Bobbi just got done telling May her and Peter have zero in common.

    And you can add MJ/Spinerett to that list.

  15. #1950
    Fantastic Member MikaelNovasun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    329

    Default

    I hope we get some Peter/Felicia in the future now that the Queenpin debacle is at an end. I always preferred her over MJ especially with Felicia's thoughts on her relationship with Peter in "The Evil Men Do".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •