Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128
Results 1,906 to 1,916 of 1916

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    No, I'd want the kid to be a kid, either raised by Felicia (impossible in 616 due to the whole Queenpin thing) or put in the foster system when her powers develop. If she was accelerated, that would just be retreading Sins Past.

But noooooo, that would just age Peter! (Like being an ex-play CEO doesn't)
    I don't think the audience would have been ready for that storyline in the 1980s, but today it could work. I for one would love to see a version of Felicity become canon with Peter as her father, especially if Peter & MJ's Marriage was ever restored. Heck throw in a long lost May Day as well for good measure Can you imagine half sisters May Day and Felicity with all their baggage dealing with Peter, MJ, Felicia and each other? If MJ & Peter eventually have Annie that adds another layer of family drama to the mix, as Felicity, May Day or both could be intensely jealous of Annie for getting a more stable early life.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I don't think the audience would have been ready for that storyline in the 1980s, but today it could work. I for one would love to see a version of Felicity become canon with Peter as her father, especially if Peter & MJ's Marriage was ever restored. Heck throw in a long lost May Day as well for good measure Can you imagine half sisters May Day and Felicity with all their baggage dealing with Peter, MJ, Felicia and each other? If MJ & Peter eventually have Annie that adds another layer of family drama to the mix, as Felicity, May Day or both could be intensely jealous of Annie for getting a more stable early life.
    I don’t think I’d be into a story where they just had a kid. It would require a lot of retcons, but one where there was a hybrid clone would be interesting, as well as force both parties into the investigation, as well as give the Jackal (Miles Warren, not Ben Reilly) something to do.
    Last edited by SilverWarriorWolf; Yesterday at 07:25 PM.

Invincible Member

Eh if they were going to do something like this, then I'd want them to just make it Peter and Felicia's kid. That'd be the most interesting option imo. No clones, or hybrids, or whatever (that'd be even more convoluted).

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    I haven't read the new Scarlet Spider, so I can't comment on that, but as for Clone Conspiracy? Ugh, I count that as bad. They butchered poor Ben Reilly's character.
    Yep.

And that hasn't changed in the Scarlet Spider book either. Skip it.

As for Felicia, it's good that eeeeeevil Fauxlicia now seems to be a thing of the past. Less good that it only happened because her 'empire' was knackered and she had to be mansplained (symbiosplained?) into being a hero again by Venom. Between Spidey being the weak justification for her heel turn in the first place and now this, the lack of agency given to Felicia over this woeful arc has been horrible.

As for Felicia still not knowing who Spidey is... Good. Keep it that way. Distance her from him completely, cos if the last couple of years have shown us anything it's that being a supporting character in Spidey books isn't great for female characters, especially Felicia. When written well (so basically not by Slott), Felicia's a fantastic character who could fit on almost any team.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; Today at 02:19 AM.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yep.

As for Felicia, it's good that eeeeeevil Fauxlicia now seems to be a thing of the past. Less good that it only happened because her 'empire' was knackered and she had to be mansplained (symbiosplained?) into being a hero again by Venom. Between Spidey being the weak justification for her heel turn in the first place and now this, the lack of agency given to Felicia over this woeful arc has been horrible.

As for Felicia still not knowing who Spidey is... Good. Keep it that way. Distance her from him completely, cos if the last couple of years have shown us anything it's that being a supporting character in Spidey books isn't great for female characters, especially Felicia. When written well (so basically not by Slott), Felicia's a fantastic character who could fit on almost any team.
    But which team will want her now after all this?

I don't think any team would touch Felicia right now but it would make for a good starting point in her next chapter to have her actually try to join and be rejected by the heroes. That could serve as her motivation moving forward, occupying that gray area between hero and villain, an outcast in both worlds. With her insider knowledge of the criminal underground, she could start taking down some major baddies, laying them at the feet of the heroes as a symbolic F*** you guys moment. I would love that.

Ultimate Member

Well considering that she's been off on her own for the last good while pushing her away from the other heroes I don't think would really help her as she'd still be isolated and alone, I'd rather she get back to her old fun loving self that would steal something one moment and help Spider Man stop a crime the next all while teasing him, then work back towards a romance maybe with Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    ...then work back towards a romance maybe with Peter...
    See, that's exactly what I don't want. Even as a villain, Felicia was still being defined by her relationship with Peter and that diminishes her as a character almost as much as her horrible motivation over the last few years. Let her be her own character, with her own life. Not simply an occasional token love interest/sidekick to Spider-Man.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Astonishing Member

I kind of want her back with Flash, which is what annoyed me even more about Venom Inc in that we only get a fraction of their chemistry.

Yep.

Eh, I don't think Slott's mishandling of her and other women in Spider-Man (or BND's treatment of female characters in general) should be taken as an indicator that just being a female supporting character in Spider-Man is a bad thing given we saw characters like MJ and Felicia thrive as Spider-Man supporting characters for a time.

Certainly the character development that helped turn Felicia into the more compelling and layered character she is today, at least when writers don't ignore it, happened in Spider-Man books.

Not that I'm saying she has to be in Spider-Man, though I think she should be a player in the Spider-Man books (just not as a crime boss).
    See, that's exactly what I don't want. Even as a villain, Felicia was still being defined by her relationship with Peter and that diminishes her as a character almost as much as her horrible motivation over the last few years. Let her be her own character, with her own life. Not simply an occasional token love interest/sidekick to Spider-Man.
    I think it was the opposite problem.

The more the crime boss thing developed the less her motivation being based around Spider-Man became and the less involved the two were, to the point where it felt like writers had to keep coming up with different motivations for why she wanted to be a crime boss.

I mean, Peter was a major factor in her character development and she was a major fixture in his life for a time. I don't think it's wrong to acknowledge that, unlike the current writing where Felicia kept running around as a crime boss and Peter seemed like he could care less until he actually had to deal with her.

Invincible Member

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...e-lead-a157166

IDK if this has been mentioned here yet, so here you go. If it's true, I wonder if its Felicia and if she'd be European in the MCU?