Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Tomb Raider, #4

Gail Simone's thrilling addition to the Tomb Raider saga kicks into high gear! Lara Croft is chased through the streets of London as she gets dangerously close to the truth! But it's not her own safety that concerns her, but that of her friends, the surviving crew of the Endurance!

Full article here.

Great preview, but I think this is a book I'll wait for the trades to get. This story feels like one of those stories that will have the best impact when read together as a TPB. Some comics are just structured that way. I don't think any issue of Tomb Raider to date has been able to stand on its own. I think the TPB will really help bring it together.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Great preview, but I think this is a book I'll wait for the trades to get. This story feels like one of those stories that will have the best impact when read together as a TPB. Some comics are just structured that way. I don't think any issue of Tomb Raider to date has been able to stand on its own. I think the TPB will really help bring it together.
    I have the individual issues so far and I tend to agree. It isn't bad not by a long shot but it seems like after I get the last issue of this arc and then read the whole thing again together, it will come together more.

I think issue 3 was where it came together for me. I had played the game so was familiar with the back story but I thought that it took two issues to get the story going where Simone wanted it. I also think that 3 was just more fun than the first two. So I am on board now but I will buy the trades anyway if the story is good.