Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Justice League Generation Lost was a great series for Captain Atom. I REALLY liked it (except for the stupid Ice retcon).

Peace

Which writer do people think could perhaps do Captain Atom well and write the character again? Maybe Greg Weismen?

He needs a writer that likes the character and likes his history, and doesn't just want to do Doctor Manhatten fanfic like a lot of them do these days. I know I will get blasted for saying this but he needs a Geoff Johns run to get him reset to a workable character again. Geoff did it with Green Lantern, Hakwman, Aquaman, Booster Gold, and others and Cap could use it bad right now.

First, let it be know that Wade Eiling wears combat boots. Thank you for your attention.
    Also, that this scene never happened is a war crime (also, because Nekron is yellow)

(great fan art by adamantis, btw)

Captain Atom is awesome, he's one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    He needs a writer that likes the character and likes his history, and doesn't just want to do Doctor Manhatten fanfic like a lot of them do these days. I know I will get blasted for saying this but he needs a Geoff Johns run to get him reset to a workable character again. Geoff did it with Green Lantern, Hakwman, Aquaman, Booster Gold, and others and Cap could use it bad right now.
    I agree fully here.
    The whole "Dr. Manhattan-lite fanfic" stuff must come to a stop. The multiverse exists for that kinda stuff, people.
    I think what's Geoff Johns is very good at is getting a character and estabilishing him/her to his bare essentials. Then, he does something fun with them.
    If we get a "soft reboot" next year, Captain Atom could really use a total reboot.

Don't need necessarily a Cary Bates re-run (we already read Cary Bates), but something that brings Captain Atom to the DCU in the same way. Remember when Captain Atom was head of Earth's superhuman forces during the Invasion! and when he saved the world from nuclear holocaust at the hands of the Extremists, something which left even Superman and Green Lantern stumped? That sorta thing.

Perhaps go the inverse of Cary Bates run by having Captain Atom be open about his status as a government operative?
    Last edited by Slaughter; 10-25-2014 at 02:12 AM.

Talking about nuclear fission...
    I think Kingdom Come did a great disservice to the good Captain Atom by displaying him as a walking, talking nuclear bomb!
    Captain Atom is NOT a nuclear bomb! He's quantum powered, not atomic powered! He used to leak energy when hurt, not to explode! Today we have stuff like Cap Atom getting punched bad by Power Girl in Generation Lost because "I can't use my powers because if I do, I'm going to release radiation!"

Atomic Power is Firestorm's hat, not Cap Atom!

Also, talking about Firestorm... its almost a cult classic that Cap and Firestorm fight each other. Anyone tracking what's the latest score? From what I remember, they had fought thrice until the New 52 (more if you count QuantumStorm vs Monarch, but QuantumStorm is... odd), I think Captain Atom won once (first crossover in Cap's book), then Firestorm sorta lost (when Firestorm decided to get rid of nuclear warheads during Ostrander's run) and then Firestorm won during Milenium (through I got the feeling Cap wans't much into the fight) and then recently in the New 52 we got another Firestorm win.
    Last edited by Slaughter; 10-25-2014 at 02:20 AM.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The best thing that could happen to Captain Atom would be making him the Superman of his own universe once again, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Presumably, we might see that in Pax Americana in Multiversity that has the Charlton heroes with Captain Atom there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The best thing that could happen to Captain Atom would be making him the Superman of his own universe once again, IMO.
    Isn't this said about pretty much every Superman-like character? Is one Superman for one universe enough and others just make things confusing and redundant?

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Isn't this said about pretty much every Superman-like character? Is one Superman for one universe enough and others just make things confusing and redundant?
    The problem is the Superman-like characters will never be as Superman-like as Clark. DC would never allow it. On their own worlds, however, there's no reason to hold them back.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

I liked the idea of justice league unlimited, where they have stable of big guns to respond to crisises as needed. Cap, i think, is a good deterent for would be terrorists and intergalactic invaders.

At this point, I think the best we can hope for is perhaps a small appearance in an existing book... like teaming up with Superman in Action Comics or something like that. But sadly, still no sight of the good Captain