Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 244
  1. #61
    long time member Herowatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,440

    Default

    Captain Atom of Earth-4


    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

  2. #62
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Captain Atom of Earth-4


    that costume.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,796

    Default


  4. #64
    Incredible Member andersonh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    982

    Default

    I've been reading Action Heroes archive #1, featuring early 60s Captain Atom and Steve Ditko. They aren't the greatest comics in the world by any means, but it is interesting to read the pre-DC version of Captain Atom for the first time. I do prefer the silver containment suit to the original, I have to say.
    "Why do the trunks not "hold up with the times"? What exactly is the problem with them? And don't tell me "nobody wears them" because nobody dresses in a blue body suit and red cape and boots either.

    It's a superhero costume. It's the original superhero costume. It's not real clothing, it's not bound to the ever-changing fashion trends of real life. It's nothing like real life clothing. How exactly can it become outdated?"

  5. #65
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I've been reading Action Heroes archive #1, featuring early 60s Captain Atom and Steve Ditko. They aren't the greatest comics in the world by any means, but it is interesting to read the pre-DC version of Captain Atom for the first time. I do prefer the silver containment suit to the original, I have to say.
    the silver dilusteel skin is probably my favorite look for captain atom.



    i would have preferred the golden wildstorm skin look but felt it was too busy.


  6. #66
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    found a custom sculpt online, and i have to say the chrome look on captain atom is amazing.


  7. #67
    Astonishing Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,680

    Default

    What is so sad to me is that DC seems determined to use every version of Cap's look except the one people actually like.

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What is so sad to me is that DC seems determined to use every version of Cap's look except the one people actually like.
    from what i gathered reading in the other threads, stubbornness is one of dc's endearing qualities.

    btw, his nu 52 hair do isnt really working for me.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    found a custom sculpt online, and i have to say the chrome look on captain atom is amazing.


    omg, that figure on the right is awesome! can you imagine if captain atom is a real person and has a skin like that? very shiny indeed...

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    from what i gathered reading in the other threads, stubbornness is one of dc's endearing qualities.

    btw, his nu 52 hair do isnt really working for me.
    Noting about the Nu52 "Captain Manhattan" works for me.

  11. #71
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Yeah I don't get why they're pushing Captain Manhattan these days, its a annoying version of the character and doesn't work in a monthly, even if it might in something like Pax Americana. Leave Dr. Manhattan alone. I don't want to read about an all-powerful autist. At least not in a monthly.

    I think that silver skin look doesn't work anymore, dunno why. Gold skin is too busy. I would keep the gold dilusteel skin and dress Cap Atom is something militaristic (in a "we're the military and we've come to help you" way), futuristic and super-heroic. The colors would be deliberately bright for the same reason Superman having a bright costume is practical (it makes the bad guys focus on the invulnerable guy, not the fleshy civilians).

    They should just use Convergence to wipe that stuff out and bring us a military man Captain Atom.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Yeah I don't get why they're pushing Captain Manhattan these days, its a annoying version of the character and doesn't work in a monthly, even if it might in something like Pax Americana. Leave Dr. Manhattan alone. I don't want to read about an all-powerful autist. At least not in a monthly.

    I think that silver skin look doesn't work anymore, dunno why. Gold skin is too busy. I would keep the gold dilusteel skin and dress Cap Atom is something militaristic (in a "we're the military and we've come to help you" way), futuristic and super-heroic. The colors would be deliberately bright for the same reason Superman having a bright costume is practical (it makes the bad guys focus on the invulnerable guy, not the fleshy civilians).

    They should just use Convergence to wipe that stuff out and bring us a military man Captain Atom.
    the gold skin can work, with lesser lines. although ill admit, i really like the look of t-1000 liquid metal look on captan atom.

    somehow when i think of military i tend to imagine pouches, gears, and camouflage... that, or spartans 2 supersoldiers, whose armor is still colored green.

  13. #73
    Veteran Member electr1cgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    My favorite of all. Really wish they'd gone along with something akin to that interpretation.

    Peace
    Absolutely! Loved all the intrigue, twists and turns, and great characterization by Bates, as well as the kick ass art by Pat Broderick.

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Absolutely! Loved all the intrigue, twists and turns, and great characterization by Bates, as well as the kick ass art by Pat Broderick.
    the cary bates/pat broderick captain atom is probably my most favorite interpretation of the character. the origin of nathaniel adam/cameron scott was really interesting. i remember as kid tracing pat's artwork of the captain on paper. ah good ol' days.

  15. #75
    long time member Herowatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,440

    Default

    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •