Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Yeah I don't get why they're pushing Captain Manhattan these days, its a annoying version of the character and doesn't work in a monthly, even if it might in something like Pax Americana. Leave Dr. Manhattan alone. I don't want to read about an all-powerful autist. At least not in a monthly.

I think that silver skin look doesn't work anymore, dunno why. Gold skin is too busy. I would keep the gold dilusteel skin and dress Cap Atom is something militaristic (in a "we're the military and we've come to help you" way), futuristic and super-heroic. The colors would be deliberately bright for the same reason Superman having a bright costume is practical (it makes the bad guys focus on the invulnerable guy, not the fleshy civilians).

They should just use Convergence to wipe that stuff out and bring us a military man Captain Atom.
    dr manhattan is too godlike. it kinda makes me think that a hero is that powerful, why is joker still running around still.

if they lessen the red lines in the gold skin of captain atom, it would be fine with me.

Mighty Member

Convergence would be an excellent way of trimming the 'bad' stuff done to characters in the reboot. And I agree that perhaps this should be used to bring back military man Captain Atom back again. They need to drop the Manhattan stuff pronto... leave that to the Charlton version in Multiversity.

Also, Covergence showed Monarch again which I am presuming is Aaron again unless they have him as being Hawk.

Mighty Member

same here. bring captain atom back to his carry bates days and ignore the nu 52 cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Convergence would be an excellent way of trimming the 'bad' stuff done to characters in the reboot. And I agree that perhaps this should be used to bring back military man Captain Atom back again. They need to drop the Manhattan stuff pronto... leave that to the Charlton version in Multiversity.

Also, Covergence showed Monarch again which I am presuming is Aaron again unless they have him as being Hawk.
    The guy from Morrison's Multiversity is not the Charlton version at all...just put into a similar reality to the Charlton days. Definitely not the original Earth-4, though I like how Morrison brought in a lot of Charlton easter eggs. For my sanity...Let's just say "leave that to the Charlton-like version in Multiversity". LOL.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

not sure about the charlton version, but i do miss captain atom/nathaniel adam.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I LOVED the New 52 CAPTAIN ATOM book. I thought it was gorgeous and a really fun read.

I'd like to ignore the FIRESTORM issue that depowers him, and instead build Cap into a sort of Silver Surfer character. Traveling the universe, seeking new life. Creating worlds. All that jazz.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    same here. bring captain atom back to his carry bates days and ignore the nu 52 cap.
    Yes.

I`m all for Captain Atom staying closer to his Charlton beginnings. He needs some space adventures too.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Mighty Member

Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Awesome pic above!

Mighty Member

i like that pic. cap looks menacing. someone you dont want to get pissed at you, superpowers or not.

I would so buy a comic series with these three, but with a better writer IMO.
    It's like having Superman, Batman and the Flash.

Also, Captain Atom should be named Allen Adam on Earth-4 not Nathaniel.

Mighty Member

man, it's been awfully quiet with captain atom.