Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 1,786 to 1,791 of 1791
    Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Ha. The idea that Xavier was ever not a jerk. The premise of the series had him recruiting child soldiers. The second issue had him wipe Vanisher's memory. He faked a serious injury and loss of power. He faked his own death just to get some alone time. Xavier was always a dick.
    Oh, I'm not saying he didn't do some questionable things in the beginning. I overlook the recruiting of minors because this is comics (I mean, if we go by that logic, then Steve Rogers was basically the first historical dick to let a minor go to war), and yeah, the whole lying about powers and faking his death was definitely not cool, but I could live with just that because it wasn't as bad as some things some writers made him do later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm fine with the O5 X-Men sticking around in the present now that it has been revealed that they come from a different timeline. Basically, I like the idea of getting those classic characters and telling their storylines from scratch, allowing them to grow and evolve differently than the original versions. As a matter of fact, I would not mind if they did that again with another character: Professor X. The original Xavier became such a jerk (#KittyWasRight) over the years with all of those retcons that just made him look worse and worse, and I feel like his image of father figure, beacon of hope and moral compass for the mutant community was tainted beyond repair. So I'd be down with Prof. X from an alternative, past timeline being brought to the present and being an actual role model this time around, and not the guy who perved on Jean Grey when she was a teen, enslaved a sentient being, brainwashed Wolverine, etc.
    Well, according to Generations, the O5 came from the main timeline; so there is no definite answer on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying he didn't do some questionable things in the beginning. I overlook the recruiting of minors because this is comics (I mean, if we go by that logic, then Steve Rogers was basically the first historical dick to let a minor go to war), and yeah, the whole lying about powers and faking his death was definitely not cool, but I could live with just that because it wasn't as bad as some things some writers made him do later on.
    Well, the less messed up of the O5 is Iceman, who was in denial about being in the closet for a really long time.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 08-13-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    You know, it's funny that DisMarvel keeps proving that "CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT"; even when he is dead.

Astonishing Member

Either way there really hasn't been an asian avenger aside from Mantis (who is actually an alien)... and she's there... you could shoehorn Shang-chi but still...
    I know you talking about the main avengers team but there have been asians on other avenger teams however,like mighty avengers,u.s. avengers,a-force etc...
    Just like there are other x-men teams,like new mutants,generation x etc...

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:X-Men_members
    Last edited by mace11; 08-14-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Blacks have always been second most dominant in relevance, recognition, in priority, unlike other races or groups which haven't been given importance. So Asians and other groups will always be third, etc in priority, etc. Its not just marvel. In a lot of movies, there will always be black who is part of the main cast. What about us? We'll always be the third choice, third option, third priority, etc, which means represented but not part of the main cast, just given a minor role, etc

And if they keep on thinking that black are part of the minority, then the less chances of us not being represented, because the black will always be top priority among the minority. Thats why i dont consider black as part of the minority because we dont get the same treatment that blacks are getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The point is the black are easily the second mot represented while the thir, fourth, etc most represented is very vague. Marvel makes sure that their movies will always have a black character as one of the main cast while asians and others only get minor roles or cameos.
    I replied to this a few pages ago.

There has been other poc of color in main or major roles in some of the marvel movies overtime.
    Mcu and non-mcu.
    Not as much as black people but they are there and it's increasing.
    Ask anybody in new mutant movie thread for example.
    This is the case for other movies that are not marvel as well like the g.i joe movies,some of the star trek movies,increasingly some star wars movies,some dc movies and some others movies i could list but i don't have time right now.
    So things are improving.
    Last edited by mace11; 08-14-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like an accurate reenactment of what happened ?.
    Something like that. I just think it would go further to explaining why the real Heather should be honored rather than just giving the next replacement hero her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Ha. The idea that Xavier was ever not a jerk. The premise of the series had him recruiting child soldiers. The second issue had him wipe Vanisher's memory. He faked a serious injury and loss of power. He faked his own death just to get some alone time. Xavier was always a dick.
    I think Xavier definitely had his less then stellar moments and did some skeevy stuff in the early days but at the same time I think they sometimes went overboard with that kind of stuff in later years.