Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107
Results 1,591 to 1,596 of 1596
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar

Talking Happy Birthday Jo Duffy!!!

Marvel Team-Up #125 Jan 1983
    "Cross Fire" Guest-starring Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch.
    A group of actors in Greenwich Village accidentally unleashes one of the fire beasts of Beliath while filming a movie.

Fortunately, the Master of the Mystic Arts lives close by and the Scarlet Witch shops in the village!

The avenger and the defender work together to contain the fire beast!

Script by Mary Jo Duffy http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....hday_jo_duffy/. Pencils by Kerry Gammill. Inks by Dan Green.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

Mighty Member

currently is Strange still the most powerful sorcerer in the Marvel Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    currently is Strange still the most powerful sorcerer in the Marvel Universe?
    Magic in sorcerer in the MU feels so inconsistent and worn down that I'm not sure how much meaning there is to being the most powerful sorcerer anymore.

Astonishing Member

.....And now the Preview Pages of DOCTOR STRANGE: DAMNATION #1, Courtesy of AdventuresInPoorTaste.Com

So, I've been somewhat enjoying Coates' run so far - so much better than the tripe Aaron spewed out, but despite this, there is still so much wrong with how Doc has been handled. Although I really liked the Sentry/Void angle, and the explanation given for Loki to be in the story as Sorceror Supreme, Doc has continued to be made to look like an incompetent fool. We are being led to believe that Doc was tricked into thinking he was participating in, won and then lost the Sorceror Supreme tournament? It was all an illusion? Give me a break. Secondly, if Loki never really officially usurped the title, then Doc never actually stopped being Supreme. Wouldn't he have realised this? Thirdly, with all the magic depleted in the world (possibly the worst plot device ever - and Loki doesn't seem very hampered by this) and Doc having had to scrounge around the world for magical artifacts and use a stupid axe fight with, all this time he had access to a spell that would imbue him with all the world's magic? And he wouldn't have thought himself to 'jump-start the dragon lines'? So, while the series has certainly improved, and Doc finally has his cloak back (how did he lose it, anyway?), I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the current writer of the week screws him over again and retcons pretty much everything that has been previously established. Please bring Rogern Stern back!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by creedpatton View Post
    So, I've been somewhat enjoying Coates' run so far - so much better than the tripe Aaron spewed out, but despite this, there is still so much wrong with how Doc has been handled. Although I really liked the Sentry/Void angle, and the explanation given for Loki to be in the story as Sorceror Supreme, Doc has continued to be made to look like an incompetent fool. We are being led to believe that Doc was tricked into thinking he was participating in, won and then lost the Sorceror Supreme tournament? It was all an illusion? Give me a break. Secondly, if Loki never really officially usurped the title, then Doc never actually stopped being Supreme. Wouldn't he have realised this? Thirdly, with all the magic depleted in the world (possibly the worst plot device ever - and Loki doesn't seem very hampered by this) and Doc having had to scrounge around the world for magical artifacts and use a stupid axe fight with, all this time he had access to a spell that would imbue him with all the world's magic? And he wouldn't have thought himself to 'jump-start the dragon lines'? So, while the series has certainly improved, and Doc finally has his cloak back (how did he lose it, anyway?), I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the current writer of the week screws him over again and retcons pretty much everything that has been previously established. Please bring Rogern Stern back!
    Yeah, agreed. This run started really strongly but the conclusion was just baffling; basically every thread has just been wrapped up with almost ludicrous ease that kinda undermines all the issues so far.

I have absolutely no idea what Loki's motivation was for any of this.