Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1759

It depends on how they approach it him trying to figure what it means to be a superhero. That was a recurring joke in the claremont/byrne run where he joked about not knowing what to do as a "fledging superhero ". (He was pretty young in the comics)

In the comics, the role of the Iron Fist isnt given an exact goal/duty outside of acting in Kun'lun's interest/defense. So maybe that could be his arc?

I'm really sad, the show is probably the biggest deception I have for a comicbook adaption, that not a bad show, that make things worse; I really hope Feige, reboot that; I don't know they have done that, when the two seasons of Daredevil are so good, Daredevil look like more a martial tv show than Iron Fist, with better and longer fights, that really weird.
    Last edited by Bolo; 03-20-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! Dark Knight1047's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I am hoping Marvel saw the reception to season 1 and are laying down some mandates about what season 2 of iron fist should entail ie

- less corporate scenes
    - more holgarth
    - more mysticism
    - hire a new stunt and fight choreography team
    - add the god damn costume
    - skip ahead off screen to him being a far more effective iron fist
    - create an effective and charismatic villain
    Yep, agree with all of these. Marvel now knows what the fans want. It's up to them to make the adjustments and make it a great season 2.
    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."

"I am a mad man with a box!"

Mark Waid--"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yep, agree with all of these. Marvel now knows what the fans want. It's up to them to make the adjustments and make it a great season 2.
    It's still shocking they messed up so much in season 1, but I supposed they did enough right so that it's salvageable. Whatever script writer put in those mystical reference easter eggs need a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I'm really sad, the show is probably the biggest deception I have for a comicbook adaption, that not a bad show, that make things worse; I really hope Feige, reboot that; I don't know they have done that, when the two seasons of Daredevil are so good, Daredevil look like more a martial tv show than Iron Fist, with better and longer fights, that really weird.
    I don't think it needs a reboot, the entire season is practically a zero issue in terms of his iron fist development.

All they need to do is adjust a few things, have him develop his powers more between seasons and season 2 could easily be far superior.

They've got a good enough foundation.

Honestly, I don't think that would be a easy task, at least for me, I don't like some actors they have chosen, specially the surprise character (sorry I don't find the "spoiler" button); it's really a deception, that don't look like the comics, that too different for the sake of it; sorry I don't want to sound negative, most peoples seem really to enjoy the shows, unlike the critics.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Season two should be him finding out about the other mystical cities and travelling to them to face their champions. Each win would have the master help him gain greater control over the Iron Fist and additional techniques, like Mega Man but with Kung Fu. Then using his combined knowledge I want a finale that has him striking at the heart of the hand. Basically climbing "hand mountain" and beating every mother###### in sight.

Essentially I want a 13 Hour Shaw Bros movie.
    Pull List:

Dark Horse: Aliens: Defiance, Predator/Prometheus/Aliens/AVP: Life and Death

Marvel: Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rogers, The Ultimates 2, Black Panther, Black Panther: World of Wakanda, Black Panther and the Crew, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Defenders.

I wouldn't mind if they brought the drunken boxer dude from episode 8. He was the best mook they had and he seemed like a fun guy to play off Danny so making him a recurring villian. He's supposed to be Zhou Cheng the Iron Fist killer from IIF so maybe they can develop that angle?

The show is probably the weakest of the netflix shows to me but its not terrible. If agents of shield could get better over the course of 4 seasons than so can Iron Fist.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Something I realised is that he just needs to find the book of the iron fist (say the Hand had it or something) and that's a perfect explanation for his rapid power upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Honestly, I don't think that would be a easy task, at least for me, I don't like some actors they have chosen, specially the surprise character (sorry I don't find the "spoiler" button); it's really a deception, that don't look like the comics, that too different for the sake of it; sorry I don't want to sound negative, most peoples seem really to enjoy the shows, unlike the critics.
    Which surprise character did you dislike?

if you put it in [ spoil] [ / spoil ] tags without the spaces it'll hide.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they brought the drunken boxer dude from episode 8. He was the best mook they had and he seemed like a fun guy to play off Danny so making him a recurring villian. He's supposed to be Zhou Cheng the Iron Fist killer from IIF so maybe they can develop that angle?

The show is probably the weakest of the netflix shows to me but its not terrible. If agents of shield could get better over the course of 4 seasons than so can Iron Fist.
    I found his acting cringey, but they should bring him back. They did enough to set up that he has a demon inside him, that could be the iron fist killer.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

The reason Immortal Iron Fist was great is because it combined great art, writing, and stuck to grindhouse and Shaw brothers Kung Fu roots.

That what the show should be. Say what you want about the movie Mortal Kombat, but that's far closer to what I want to see in a future series.
    Pull List:

Dark Horse: Aliens: Defiance, Predator/Prometheus/Aliens/AVP: Life and Death

Marvel: Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rogers, The Ultimates 2, Black Panther, Black Panther: World of Wakanda, Black Panther and the Crew, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It depends on how they approach it him trying to figure what it means to be a superhero. That was a recurring joke in the claremont/byrne run where he joked about not knowing what to do as a "fledging superhero ". (He was pretty young in the comics)

In the comics, the role of the Iron Fist isnt given an exact goal/duty outside of acting in Kun'lun's interest/defense. So maybe that could be his arc?
    Yeah, I take the comments with a grain of salt because the scripts haven't even been written but, even if that were true, what does it mean? He could still be the Iron Fist we know and love and not going out fighting muggers each week like Daredevil.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Okay so I've started watching IF and I'm on the 3rd episode and sigh...spoilers:
    I don't really feel like I understand any of these characters? Starting with Danny, does he have anger issues or is he zen? This really confuses me. I know Danny's also meant to be naive, but that isn't the same as stupid. If he can remember so much about Joy, Ward and Hogarth, why does he wait for specific moments to bring them up? The only time he used it wisely was with Hogarth. If he could remember that board game with Joy and Ward, why didn't he mention it the very first time? It makes him come across as not knowing what he wants.

Then with Joy. So she sends a man she's not sure is Danny some M&Ms hoping he'll understand what to do with them, and when she does get the desired result, what does she do about it? Squat. I don't understand. She seems nice and wants to hear him out but then she's the one that drugs him in the first place. There's no sign that's it's in her character to be that ruthless, cruel and deceiving. Back to the M&Ms and finding out Danny is telling the truth. Why doesn't she do anything about it? She just tells Ward to grow some balls and that's it? The writing seems really poor at parts.

Then there's Harold. He literally just saw Danny (who he has not seen for 15 years) run up to a door with a glowing fist and completely smash it into bits and not only is he not fazed at all, he doesn't think it's a good idea to tell his son (or did he, can't remember). No one seems to be shocked by anything whatsoever. It's literally just ''Oh, it's not true'', "Oh, it's corporate espionage", "Oh, I'll take care of it".

The only character that seems well thought out is Colleen.

Acting wise, the performances are okay, but not really compelling or engaging. The writing and dialogue can be really poor at times. The cinematography is kinda bland, and the actions... Oh god the actions scenes... I've not been impressed by a single one, even the ones featuring Colleen. The actual choreography is okay. There have been some pretty cool moves. It's the way they are performed, shot and edited that is the problem. Not once do I get the impression that Colleen or Danny are actually martial artists, not actors pretending to be martial artists. Hell I think Elodie Yung and Charlie Cox did a much better job at showing this. They tried and I know, but was there no way to at least shoot them in a way to hide these faults? They lack the energy, power and grit I was expecting based on what we've gotten before.

The corporate stuff is really boring, and I want to see more of the mysticism already. I guess I'm just really impatient but this has me bored already.

On the plus side, Jessica Henwick is still pretty great as Colleen and she is do beautiful and the opening sequence is great (though I wish it was more green, and actually had the lead fight like that). The Iron Fist looks great as well and can't wait to see more of it. Like I said before, the performances are pretty good, I'm just not engrossed yet. Harold reminds me of Trump which is ironic.

Also, Danny said he was trained by the Order of the Crane Mother... isn't that wrong with what we know in the comics?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Okay so I've started watching IF and I'm on the 3rd episode and sigh...spoilers:
    I don't really feel like I understand any of these characters? Starting with Danny, does he have anger issues or is he zen? This really confuses me.
    end of spoilers
    Both:

spoilers:
    He suppresses his anger deep, but it's always about to explode.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Then with Joy. So she sends a man she's not sure is Danny some M&Ms hoping he'll understand what to do with them, and when she does get the desired result, what does she do about it? Squat. I don't understand. She seems nice and wants to hear him out but then she's the one that drugs him in the first place. There's no sign that's it's in her character to be that ruthless, cruel and deceiving. Back to the M&Ms and finding out Danny is telling the truth. Why doesn't she do anything about it? She just tells Ward to grow some balls and that's it? The writing seems really poor at parts.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She defers to her brother a lot as a show of unity.
    end of spoilers

I'm trying not to spoil beyond what you've seen, but I think their characterization and motivation becomes clear as it goes.

spoilers:
    Also, Danny said he was trained by the Order of the Crane Mother... isn't that wrong with what we know in the comics?
    end of spoilers
    It's different from the comics, yeah. I wouldn't say it's "wrong," though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I don't really feel like I understand any of these characters? Starting with Danny, does he have anger issues or is he zen? This really confuses me. I know Danny's also meant to be naive, but that isn't the same as stupid. If he can remember so much about Joy, Ward and Hogarth, why does he wait for specific moments to bring them up? The only time he used it wisely was with Hogarth. If he could remember that board game with Joy and Ward, why didn't he mention it the very first time? It makes him come across as not knowing what he wants.

Then there's Harold. He literally just saw Danny (who he has not seen for 15 years) run up to a door with a glowing fist and completely smash it into bits and not only is he not fazed at all, he doesn't think it's a good idea to tell his son (or did he, can't remember). No one seems to be shocked by anything whatsoever. It's literally just ''Oh, it's not true'', "Oh, it's corporate espionage", "Oh, I'll take care of it".

The only character that seems well thought out is Colleen.

Acting wise, the performances are okay, but not really compelling or engaging. The writing and dialogue can be really poor at times. The cinematography is kinda bland, and the actions... Oh god the actions scenes... I've not been impressed by a single one, even the ones featuring Colleen. The actual choreography is okay. There have been some pretty cool moves. It's the way they are performed, shot and edited that is the problem. Not once do I get the impression that Colleen or Danny are actually martial artists, not actors pretending to be martial artists. Hell I think Elodie Yung and Charlie Cox did a much better job at showing this. They tried and I know, but was there no way to at least shoot them in a way to hide these faults? They lack the energy, power and grit I was expecting based on what we've gotten before.

The corporate stuff is really boring, and I want to see more of the mysticism already. I guess I'm just really impatient but this has me bored already.

On the plus side, Jessica Henwick is still pretty great as Colleen and she is do beautiful and the opening sequence is great (though I wish it was more green, and actually had the lead fight like that). The Iron Fist looks great as well and can't wait to see more of it. Like I said before, the performances are pretty good, I'm just not engrossed yet. Harold reminds me of Trump which is ironic.

end of spoilers
    Okay scratch that, the Colleen Wing cage fight scene (not the released one) in episode 3 was so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

Wh-... whhhy make a superhero show and not have the main character be a superhero??

Is this gonna be like Smallville? Where he doesn't get his costume until the final moments of the final season?
    That'd be lame. XD;
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Doom Patrol . Super man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Saga . Paper Girls .

Trade Waiting: Archie . DC Bombshells . Sex Criminals . (Maybe) Luke Cage

Now halfway through. So far a solid 7.85 out of 10. First 2 were a bit boring but got much better thanks to Colleen. And Finn does a good Danny but man the guy needs to smile more.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!