Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Justice League #30 PREVIEW! Post-Forever Evil here we come!

Sauce:

When the “Forever Evil” story line, the first universe-wide event in DC Comics since Johns’ “Flashpoint” reset reality and launched the New 52 more than two years ago, began last year, he spoke with Hero Complex about his interest in Superman’s longtime nemesis.

“For me, Luthor has always been about being humanity’s hero. I think the arrival of superheroes really destroyed everything he had planned out for his life and his eventual role in the world. And this is a chance to take it back.”

So far, the events of the “Forever Evil” series, which sees the Crime Syndicate devastating the League and the world, have slowly laid the foundation for that vision.

In “Justice League” No. 30, it appears that Lex Luthor is finally ready to lead.

While the events of the previous “Justice League” issues have been focused on Cyborg’s struggles in a world severely depleted of heroes, Issue No. 30 starts off all about Luthor. He has finally assembled his “Injustice League” team of Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Shazam and Captain Cold and is riding a public approval rating that Bruce Wayne calls “an all time high.”

With a shocked newsroom of the Daily Planet reacting to the morning’s headline, “Lex Luthor Saves World,” and Luthor pontificating on television about “saving Superman’s life,” it would appear that Wayne’s assessment is right.

Understandably, Clark Kent is struggling to make sense of it all. And meanwhile, it appears that the Secret Society is both planning a surprise and is in for one of its own.

The “Forever Evil” series was initially supposed to conclude in March, but is now slated to wrap up this month, as the “Injustice League” arc begins.

So is this it? Is the Luthor-led “Injustice League” really the future of the Justice League? Inquiring minds can find out when the issue hits stores Wednesday.
    Here comes the Doom Patrol!
    "I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!" My Blog!

Luthor standing at the lead of the Justice League.

I think I'm going to be violently ill.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Luthor standing at the lead of the Justice League.

I think I'm going to be violently ill.
    Oh, I'm not. We've known it was going to happen for how long now?

(Besides, I haven't been able to enjoy Justice League ever since Geoff Johns relaunched the franchise for the New 52.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

(Besides, I haven't been able to enjoy Justice League ever since Geoff Johns relaunched the franchise for the New 52.)
    I think Geoff Johns on an interview said something about 2 years, there was this massive complaiment thread how people would have to be sick of Justice League for the next two years, because as we know it.

if it's different, it sucks. :b
    "I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!" My Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Oh, I knew it was coming.

Now that I'm SEEING it in living color? It's worse than I thought.

So yeah, this will be my last post on any Justice League discussion threads for the next two years, since that's how long Geoff Johns said the Luthor crap was going to last.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

You can reboot the CBR forums, but you can't reboot the people. =P

the idea that this came before the Forever Evil #7 preview is shocking

It reminds me of the GLC chp that got out before the final issue of John´s GL and spoiled the ending

I think it looks great. It isn't like the JL all believe Luthor is some nice guy and will follow him blindly...

I think it'll be an interesting story. I just wish we had more women on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I think it'll be an interesting story. I just wish we had more women on the team.
    The first arc deals with Power Ring's new host, Earth's first female Green Lantern!

This preview implies that Luthor on the league is their plan to keep an eye on him, and to prevent him manipulating his newfound popularity into dangerous places.

That I'm very much OK with.

(Also, "yaaaaaay, Shazam!")

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    The first arc deals with Power Ring's new host, Earth's first female Green Lantern!
    Earth's first female Power Ring.
    I know things,
    SECRET things.
    I might post about such things sometimes,
    but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by weshes195 View Post
    I think it looks great. It isn't like the JL all believe Luthor is some nice guy and will follow him blindly...
    Right, exactly. They know he's up to something, but he has positioned himself in such a way, and they've been at the core of a very bad situation recently, so that if they just toss him out, THEY look like the bad guys. They have to handle this carefully, is all. I think this has potential. DC/Johns have been systematically tearing down the Justice League for a while now, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's in those situations where you learn what the characters are really all about, you get more interesting stories, and they often build themselves back up better than before. I mean, it may not actually work out that way, but still.

It's also going to leave a power vacuum for other teams to step up and take the spotlight for a while, which could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Earth's first female Power Ring.
    A Lantern all the same!

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    A Lantern all the same!

"first female ring bearer" - says nothing about her being a Lantern!
    I know things,
    SECRET things.
    I might post about such things sometimes,
    but I doubt it.