Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178
Results 2,656 to 2,665 of 2665

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    With the rights to X-Men going to Disney, do y’all think that we can finally get Romy on the big screen???
    Who knows what will happen.

I hope Gambit movie will still happen.
    Also I don`t believe that they will reboot Deadpool. This movie version is a cash cow.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    With the rights to X-Men going to Disney, do y’all think that we can finally get Romy on the big screen???
    I think Fox was foolish for not capitalizing on it when it had a chance to effect audiances the most... Lets look at the age range. In 93'-94' when the show was probably at it's height, the age demo ranged from 8 to as high as 40 years old. That was roughly 25 years ago. So that same demo is now 33 to 65. Let's start cutting the interest of watching this movie at about 55 and go down to about 26 because as the show went on, it gained younger fans as they came of age. So let's say people who watched the show and became diehard fans range today between 26 and 55. That's the vast majority of the movie going audiance that comes out for these. Add in the 25 and younger viewers that will come out just because they are X-Men and Comic book movie fans and you've got a huge viewership and giant chance to get word of mouth going to give the movie legs. But I wouldn't bank that on just Romy hijinks. A X-Men movie with a cast based on that 90s roster would destroy at the box office IMO.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I think Fox was foolish for not capitalizing on it when it had a chance to effect audiances the most... Lets look at the age range. In 93'-94' when the show was probably at it's height, the age demo ranged from 8 to as high as 40 years old. That was roughly 25 years ago. So that same demo is now 33 to 65. Let's start cutting the interest of watching this movie at about 55 and go down to about 26 because as the show went on, it gained younger fans as they came of age. So let's say people who watched the show and became diehard fans range today between 26 and 55. That's the vast majority of the movie going audiance that comes out for these. Add in the 25 and younger viewers that will come out just because they are X-Men and Comic book movie fans and you've got a huge viewership and giant chance to get word of mouth going to give the movie legs. But I wouldn't bank that on just Romy hijinks. A X-Men movie with a cast based on that 90s roster would destroy at the box office IMO.
    Yeah, XTAS roster X-Men movie will kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I think you have One More Day on the brain! On the other hand, if there was a wedding, Gambit fans would scream BLOODY MURDER!!!!!!
    No I dont. if rogue and gambit got married in xtreme, they would have been divorced by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah, XTAS roster X-Men movie will kill it.
    I agree. I can just imagine an MCU style trailer slowly revealing the TAS lineup, capping off with Wolverine. People would go bananas.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

And we arent saying that the TAS roster is the best X-Men line-up of all time. It just has the most appeal and is the most recognizable because of its exposure. IMO the best X-Men line-up was the blue team from the 90s X-Men series (Cyclops, Wolverine, Psylocke, Rogue, Beast, Gambit w/ Jubilee). Gold was the more powerful team, but not nearly as cool.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

And we arent saying that the TAS roster is the best X-Men line-up of all time. It just has the most appeal and is the most recognizable because of its exposure. IMO the best X-Men line-up was the blue team from the 90s X-Men series (Cyclops, Wolverine, Psylocke, Rogue, Beast, Gambit w/ Jubilee). Gold was the more powerful team, but not nearly as cool.
    Completely agree.

THis is going to sound morose because...well, it is...but the generation that grew up with X-Tas are now facing their mid-life crisis era. When combined with the seeming disintegration of society, constantly depressing state of world affairs, and the general apathy that comes with slowly losing friends, idols, and loved ones as we grow older, I think the MCU could draw in epic numbers of fans who are looking to regain a little of their childhood happiness—IF Marvel can recreate the vibe of the early 90's X-Men. Which, to me, means involving a hefty dose of Rogue and Gambit romantic comedy.

I have a feeling the powers that be will be watching KT's series a lot more closely than they let on now that Fox has given back the rights to the X-Men. I bet they'd love to see actual buyer demographics! It's more important than ever to support the book and spread word now. Buy copies for the youngun's in your social circle. Share your reviews on social media and ask friends to give it a try. Grab an extra copy if you can afford it. Little things may seem innocuous, but they really do add up!

Amazing Member

In all the years X-men existed we have had only two or three marriages ? HOW UNREALISTIC AS F! I go to weddings every year in my family and the X-men are suppose to be like family.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    In all the years X-men existed we have had only two or three marriages ? HOW UNREALISTIC AS F! I go to weddings every year in my family and the X-men are suppose to be like family.
    We don`t have X family now. Family roster changes every season now.