Page 125 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2062
  1. #1861
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Remydat, the hypocrisy in your post says all. I was not taking to task those that hated the kiss. I made that point over and over. You are picking and choosing to start a fight. I find it funny as you are a Rogue hater posting here. My point was only that some who hated the kiss were using a double standard. That is all. If you like ROMY and Rogue that is fair.

    Now let's talk about how great Rogue is for Gambit. Let's here your point on that Remydat. I would love your thoughts.
    This all started because people were bashing the kiss. I am not saying you were taking everyone to task for bashing the kiss. I'm saying it's inevitable that people in a Romy thread would not like the fact Rogue kissed someone else. That's kind of the point of this thread.

    Go read post 1827 and 1830 and tell me why I am a Rogue hater again? I call things like I see it. When you suggested Rogue could be considered Gambit's trophy in the 90s, I agreed with you and debated Uber and Logan about it. It just didn't last that long because they aren't as stubborn as you or I and you were fine with it I guess because it was me going against Gambit. The only reason I seem like a Rogue hater to you is because the person getting screwed lately is Gambit and you jump on anything that you think is negative about Rogue.

    As to you question, Rogue and Gambit are great for each other when they are written like they were in XXM ie both with their own lives that don't revolve around each other. I would have absolutely no problem reading Romy if that was how they were written but anytime either of them is angst ridden, their relationship fucking sucks. I loved Rogue before Gambit ever became my favorite character because I started reading in the 80s before Gambit debuted. I'm just not going to pretend that the last decade hasn't been Gambit's character getting butchered in the service of Rogue's story just like I'm not going to pretend that Rogue's character didn't get butchered in the 90s in service of Gambit's story. You just never bother to argue with me over the latter so all our discussions end up being over the former.

    Rogue at her best is strong willed, confident and doesn't take shit from anyone including Gambit. The Rogue I read in the 80s would have never whined so much about not being able to touch. She would have gotten a power nullifier or a condom and called it day. Nor would she have sat by and let Gambit keep secrets from her about the MM. She would have beaten the Mutant Massacre out of Gambit or Sabretooth or simply stolen more of Gambit's memories to figure it out. Nor would she have turned and ran from Deathbit or acted like she couldn't possibly fight him. She would have beat the dude unconscious and taken him back to the X-men lab to get things figured out.

    That's the Rogue that is right for Gambit because Gambit fundamentally is a character that will keep secrets and do shit if you let him. So he needs someone that isn't going to put up with his bullshit. He needs someone to keep him honest and on the right path. Sadly, Rogue hasn't been written like that around Gambit for a long time. But sure if you gave me XXM Romy, I would get over my dislike of Romy evenutally. I just don't see that happening anytime soon if ever.

    And I'm not arguing that's her obligation because it isn't. If she doesn't want to put up with his bullshit she doesn't have too. But to answer your question, that is the Rogue that Gambit needs.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-08-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  2. #1862
    Fantastic Member uebersoldat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    441

    Default

    remydat, well said as usual even though we may not see eye to eye on everything. I'll agree that Gambit has been written pretty pathetically as well in recent years. As much as I hate to say it, Rogue has been stepping all over him since early Legacy and it's horrible and he shouldn't have to be her doormat. I mean, he was basically written as the guy she loves but should just put up with while she goes and sleeps around and smooches other guys. I think his words were something pretty close to 'i'll be here when you are ready' or something, knowing she's gonna get around a bit but trusty ole Gambit will be there for her later. CRINGE!!!

    jen, I could have sworn you disliked the Romy thing in years past. If I got that wrong I apologize (sincerely) for my post saying you didn't.

    I still stand by my 'rude' comment about Rogue being written as sl***y lately. Because that is my opinion based on what I've read in stark contrast to what I used to read. It started with the Magneto thing and I don't care how much Carey or Duggan or anyone else fluffs it up for a few books, Rogue didn't used to just throw herself at men in a serious way as she has been in recent years. As others have mentioned, it's her writers I'm critiquing here (btw they are men) not the character (because she's fictional). I thought that was obvious.

  3. #1863
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Hey all!

    Hope we are having a good weekend!

    Spas - your story is amazing. I seriously loved Rogue's last words to Remy before falling asleep. What a perfect, hopeful moment. I would give my right arm for something like that in the comics. (Not really, if I'm giving up actual limbs for Romy then I better be getting a 200 run Gambit and Rogue series with writers and authors of my choice.)

    Speaking of writers...Asmus said this page was one of his favorites from his Gambit solo and I have to agree. IMG_3678.jpg

    Honestly, if it is ever announced that Asmus is writing a Gambit and Rogue series...then realize that means I probably sold my soul to the devil. I'd love to hear others wish list on writers or artist they would love to take on romy?

  4. #1864
    hangin on by a thread... donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    2,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The Rogue I read in the 80s would have never whined so much about not being able to touch. She would have gotten a power nullifier or a condom and called it day.
    It's what Polaris said she'd do! LOL... Am I going to get another lecture now?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs.

  5. #1865
    hangin on by a thread... donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    2,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Hey all!

    Hope we are having a good weekend!

    Spas - your story is amazing. I seriously loved Rogue's last words to Remy before falling asleep. What a perfect, hopeful moment. I would give my right arm for something like that in the comics. (Not really, if I'm giving up actual limbs for Romy then I better be getting a 200 run Gambit and Rogue series with writers and authors of my choice.)

    Speaking of writers...Asmus said this page was one of his favorites from his Gambit solo and I have to agree. IMG_3678.jpg

    Honestly, if it is ever announced that Asmus is writing a Gambit and Rogue series...then realize that means I probably sold my soul to the devil. I'd love to hear others wish list on writers or artist they would love to take on romy?
    That's where my avatar came from! But while I'd prefer Asmus to write such a book, even if it we're a mini in the vein of Superman/Wonder Woman, I'd take Claremont and Fabien in a toss up. Claremont tended to lean more towards Rogue and Fabien towards Gambit, both never harming either character. Asmus had a knack for focusing on Gambit while keeping everything else in the scope. I think that comes from his experience writing sitcoms and other productions that involves casts of characters. His small usage of them together during his run of Gambit felt organic.

    Ironically, this sort of set up, a book that focuses on them and not a roster of other characters, is the only way I'd accept them getting back together. So much dialogue needs to occur, there's no way it'll happen believably within a X-Men team book.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 04-08-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs.

  6. #1866
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    It's what Polaris said she'd do! LOL... Am I going to get another lecture now?
    Don't get me started. It's literally the most annoying thing about the fake drama the writers created. It's like in addition to being religious zealots over mutants, the Purifiers had apparently stolen all the condoms in the the MU to ensure Gambit and Rogue would remain angst ridden. Like I remember when I first read Gambit and Rogue going to therapy with Emma and I literally just threw my comic to the floor, it was so stupid. It's like holy shit buy some Trojans and get a room.

    Maybe this can be the first arc of your Rogue and Gambit series. A flashback to before Rogue got control of her powers where Gambit breaks into the warehouse where the Purifiers are stashing all the world's condoms. Rogue storms in mid heist thinking Gambit is up to no good and then realizes that he was just not in the way she imagined. Then cut to the warehouse a week later and the Purifiers stumble into the warehouse and all the condoms are gone and Rogue and Gambit just have big grins on their faces as they take done the Purifiers.

    Don't know. May have to make it a Max series, lol.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-08-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  7. #1867
    Incredible Member Jiraiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia......
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Thanks, Purp!

    As promised, because I think we all need to calm down a bit: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10157060/17/In-Between

    Also, hopefully this isn't breaking any forum rules but I *did* say I was going to troll you all with a 'nsfw' pic


    In all the madness I forgot to say thank you for posting art and a story... much appreciated.

  8. #1868
    Class clown Spasticat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    In all the madness I forgot to say thank you for posting art and a story... much appreciated.
    Gotta admit, my first reaction to seeing a new post in here was,"Oh boy. Please don't be another thread fire..." You're welcome. I'm really surprised by how many people said it made their week better—it's very humbling!

    Quote Originally Posted by Remydat
    Maybe this can be the first arc of your Rogue and Gambit series. A flashback to before Rogue got control of her powers where Gambit breaks into the warehouse where the Purifiers are stashing all the world's condoms. Rogue storms in mid heist thinking Gambit is up to no good and then realizes that he was just not in the way she imagined. Then cut to the warehouse a week later and the Purifiers stumble into the warehouse and all the condoms are gone and Rogue and Gambit just have big grins on their faces as they take done the Purifiers.

    Don't know. May have to make it a Max series, lol.
    This sounds like the making of a terrible but hilarious fan fic. I'd read it!
    Last edited by Spasticat; 04-10-2017 at 07:09 PM.

  9. #1869
    Incredible Member Jiraiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia......
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Gotta admit, my first reaction to seeing a new post in here was,"Oh boy. Please don't be another thread fire..." You're welcome. I'm really surprised by how many people said it made their week better—it's very humbling!



    This sounds like the making of a terrible but hilarious fan fic. I'd read it!
    It just needs to be a cross dressing hiest and we are off. .... steeling that from the Gambit thread....
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 04-11-2017 at 01:42 AM.

  10. #1870
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    This sounds like the making of a terrible but hilarious fan fic. I'd read it!
    Working title, "When the Rubbers hit the Road," A Gambit and Rogue love story by Remydat.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  11. #1871
    Class clown Spasticat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Oh boy, here we go...




    From Marvel's July solicits:

    ASTONISHING X-MEN #1
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A/C)
    Variant Cover by ARTGERM
    Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    Character Variant Cover by TERRY DODSON
    Villain Variant Cover by DALE KEOWN
    REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY JIM LEE
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    ONLY THE X-MEN CAN SAVE US!
    An ancient evil is attacking the world’s most powerful minds. It will have them by the time you finish this sentence, and a moment later, it will have us all. A band of X-MEN discovers the truth behind the threat, but there is no time left. PSYLOCKE, OLD MAN LOGAN, BISHOP, ARCHANGEL, FANTOMEX, ROGUE and GAMBIT will attempt to save a world that hates and fears them. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE THE X-MEN.
    From blockbuster writer CHARLES SOULE and joined by a roster of superstar artists beginning with JIM CHEUNG. ASTONISHING X-MEN. It’s the X-book you need.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99


    I'm not worrying about Rogue and Gambit being in the same book after the Deadpool debacle. And my devotion to these two numbskulls does not yet feel threatened by the presence of Mystique and Fantomex. I don't know how well Soule is going to write interaction between them after his messy IvX characterizing. I ain't even mad that they're obviously using Romy bait again with the Artgerm variant cover (which is beautiful, btw). Right now all I'm wondering is.......

    ...How many cases of wine do y'all think I need to stock up on before July?

  12. #1872
    Mighty Member rui no onna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Hoping the Artgerm variant does not require one to sell a kidney to afford.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Batwoman, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Crosswind, Sacred Creatures, Astonishing X-Men, Defenders, Elektra, Gamora, Hawkeye, Secret Empire, Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Nancy Drew

  13. #1873
    Astonishing Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Artgerm`s variant is really beautiful.

  14. #1874
    Incredible Member Jiraiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia......
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Oh boy, here we go...




    From Marvel's July solicits:

    ASTONISHING X-MEN #1
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A/C)
    Variant Cover by ARTGERM
    Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    Character Variant Cover by TERRY DODSON
    Villain Variant Cover by DALE KEOWN
    REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY JIM LEE
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    ONLY THE X-MEN CAN SAVE US!
    An ancient evil is attacking the world’s most powerful minds. It will have them by the time you finish this sentence, and a moment later, it will have us all. A band of X-MEN discovers the truth behind the threat, but there is no time left. PSYLOCKE, OLD MAN LOGAN, BISHOP, ARCHANGEL, FANTOMEX, ROGUE and GAMBIT will attempt to save a world that hates and fears them. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE THE X-MEN.
    From blockbuster writer CHARLES SOULE and joined by a roster of superstar artists beginning with JIM CHEUNG. ASTONISHING X-MEN. It’s the X-book you need.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99


    I'm not worrying about Rogue and Gambit being in the same book after the Deadpool debacle. And my devotion to these two numbskulls does not yet feel threatened by the presence of Mystique and Fantomex. I don't know how well Soule is going to write interaction between them after his messy IvX characterizing. I ain't even mad that they're obviously using Romy bait again with the Artgerm variant cover (which is beautiful, btw). Right now all I'm wondering is.......

    ...How many cases of wine do y'all think I need to stock up on before July?
    Cases or Vats.....? LOL.

    Never ceases to amaze ne how often Marvel dip into Romy while beating it with a big stick.

  15. #1875
    hangin on by a thread... donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    2,729

    Default

    Not that I'm too invested in Romy, but I thought this was going to be an issue cover... Now that I know this is a variant, coupled with the fact that Gambit got bottom billing (billing typically reflects the amount of usage), I don't think we'll be getting too much Gambit in this. I've seen variants with Gambit on it to find out he's nowhere in the book. Paranoid? Perhaps, but thats what happens when you're slapped repeatedly. You're probably going to flinch at the slightest raise of a hand.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •