Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default FLASH MOBBED: 5 Rogues We Want to See Terrorize TV's Barry Allen

Now that we've seen the first trailer for the newest CW super hero series, here are five bad guys we want to watch torment Barry Allen.

Full article here.

I couldn't ask for a better group of rogues to put against the new TV Flash. Can't wait to see him in action (again -- I have seen the trailer).

Sandy Hausler

Nefarious Trickster

The name Clyde Mardon actually belongs to Mark Mardon's brother. He was the man who really invented weather control, but Mark killed him to get his hands on the weather wand.

I'm excited with everyone on this list. By far, next to Weather Wizard, Mirror Master would be the most interesting visuals for the show. And technology has made both Captain Cold and Heatwave easy to execute well. It would also do the show well to include Jay Garrick and Wally West foes to the roster. Maybe even non Flash villains...

Considering how they'd look on screen, it might be cool to see Dr. Alchemy, Girder, Tar Pit, and even Gorilla Grodd (Geoff Johns/Bill Loebs version. The really creepy homicidal genius yet fiercely bestial ones.)

Storywise, i'd propose Cicada, Pied Piper, The Top, Shade, the teleporting Peek-A-Boo (also visually interesting), Warden Wolfe, The Kilg%Re, JSA Foe Psycho Pirate (a call back to Crisis 8), Trickster, Murmur and Clive Yorkin.

never been a fan of DC but I have enjoyed Arrow and it looks like Flash will be hard to miss.
    youR liv3s have 3nded. h0w yoo us3 your n3w lives is entirely up t0o M3. Or so the theory goes.

I was really impressed with the visuals for Weather Wizard in the trailer. If they can keep up the budget and the effects for some of these guys, it would be awesome. But, even though the Boomerang seems a little silly, I would love to see him in live-action the most. With an Australian actor!
    We are a patchwork of miracles
    and an
    apocalypse dreaming of butterflies.

Five rogues to terrorize Barry Allen?

Wally Rudolph West, Linda Park West, Irey West, Jai West, Max Mercury: the Rogues from Beyond (the DC52) Barrier
    (That would be one heck of a therapeutic for me.)
    OPINION: Noun: O-pi-nion
    The belief in the ratio of the circumference of an aromatic bulb the essence of which can make people cry tears of sadness or outrage. Most commonly found in boiling substances when not hidden underground.

well, in the trailer we see Weather Wizard and Reverse-Flash.

so leaving them out, the 5 I wanna see?

Trickster
    Captain Cold
    Heat Wave
    Grodd (heck yeah!)
    Golden Glider (but without the air-skates. . maybe more along the line of Jewlee, so they could get in the accessories weapons).
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

My top 5 list of villains I want to see:

1. Professor Zoom(already seen in the trailer)
    2. Captain Cold
    3. Mirror Master
    4. Weather Wizard(also in the trailer)
    5. Gorilla Grodd(highly unlikely)
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

A good premise for who everyone gained metahuman powers. Zoom, Weather Wizard and Killer Frost are on tap from interviews/previews, but I'd like to see Captain Cold, Heatwave, Mirror Master, Trickster and Weather Wizard eventually form the Rogues. Their interactions together are as interesting as their interactions with the Flash.

Grodd would be easy enough to do if he was a lab animal in Central City. He'd could have a motivation similar to Cesar in Planet of the Apes - except a billion times more freaky because he's psychically in your head. Just a challenge via animation.

An anti-hero Piper would be good and throw more diversity into the cast if he remains a gay guy.

Dr. Alchemy and Goldface could work too if we nab villains from other heroes like Arrow did with the Batman mythology.

Also, the Flash needs more villainesses! A take on Magenta and Blacksmith could be good. Plastique, Shimmer and Rampage from other heroes could work in the bioscience-based origins. And put new takes of Glider or Peek A Boo in the Rogues.

Doctor Light would be another interesting choice (provided that he isn't Dr. McRape pants this time). Caitlin Snow already name-dropped in her Arrow appearance him as having been fired from STAR Labs and being a "psycho."

Double Down, of course.

BANNED

I think Trickster, Captain Cold, and Abra Kadabra would be the easiest to do

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I think Trickster, Captain Cold, and Abra Kadabra would be the easiest to do
    Abra Kadabra might be interesting if they played the Gentleman Ghost trick of "Is it science or is it magic?" He wouldn't necessarily be from the 64th Century (that is, he wouldn't necessarily be BELIEVED to be from the 64th Century), but the compulsion to get applause and acclaim is an interesting hook as well.

I love the idea of Aba Kadabra (in spite of the name). Hyper-tech framed for the locals as Magic could be awesome (think Chris Angel run amok).

One place, as a casual Flash-observer, that I stick: Captain Cold. Educate me: why would anybody care about this guy if it weren't for Super Friends?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

One place, as a casual Flash-observer, that I stick: Captain Cold. Educate me: why would anybody care about this guy if it weren't for Super Friends?
    One reason: he wears an Eskimo parka, shades, and has a freeze gun.

How much more awesome can you get?
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 05-20-2014 at 04:08 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman