Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Six DC Titles to End in August, Including "Birds of Prey" and "Superboy"

A half-dozen DC Comics titles will wrap in August: "All-Star Western," "Phantom Stranger," "Pandora," "Superboy," "Birds of Prey" and "Batwing."

Full article here.

A real shame about Batwing and All-Star Western, I know they weren't exactly hot sellers but I still enjoyed the books.
    Maybe a couple of them will relaunch with new creative teams like Teen Titans did? That would be nice

Hmm, so this would be how many books cancelled since the New 52 started?
    You don't have to break it to fix it.

But at least DC increased it's market share right?!
    You don't have to break it to fix it.

I'm really upset that Phantom Stranger and Pandora are ending. I was really enjoying them. I looked forward to Phantom Stranger every month and Pandora is one of my favourite characters. I really hope they get put in some team books or something and keep appearing. This brings down the Dark Line to just three books so something needs to happen to bring it back up (as well as other lines too). So I'm quite disappointed with their cancellations, I haven't really suffered a cancellation like this before.

Also we have way less than 52 per month now so they should release some new stuff.
    Current Monthly Pulls (though I buy a ton of trades as well all the time):
    DC: Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger, Trinity of Sin: Pandora, Justice League, Justice League United, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Smallville Season 11 Minis
    Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers World, Original Sin

Favourite DC Characters: 1- Supergirl 2- Pandora 3- Red Lantern Bleez 4- Batgirl (Babs) 5- Larfleeze 6- Green Arrow

Hyped for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    I'm not sure what your angle is, but the fact DC gave All-Star Western and Batwing over 30 issues each is surprising. Those are usually 2 TPB max type books. Birds of Prey and Superboy will likely be relaunched in some form soon or will migrate to team books. Phantom Stranger has been very good, and Pandora not so much, but those two will likely never be able to hold down a solo for long

Disappointed about Birds of Prey I thought Marx was doing a decent job with that book. I'll just have to keep an eye out for any Black Canary appearances in any other books for now.

It's a pun

Well, having have read Birds of Prey for over 20 issues, I gotta say, it was never that good, so no big loss. I only really read it because I was on Summer break and was bored out of my mind. I started reading Batwing when Luke came along, and it was pretty decent, but I dropped that around issue 28. Not that it was bad, I was just picking up too much and it wasn't a really strong title that I could justify picking up.I'd like to see Luke on a team book at some point though. Maybe a non-Titans teen team book about more street-level crime. Kinda like All-New Ultimates but actually, you know, good. And if that doesn't happen, well, Eternal is still going. I've been trade waiting All-Star Western, and it's been pretty enjoyable. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

I've literally given no fucks about the Trinity of Sin titles. I have no idea what they are about beyond the title characters, or why they kept going after Trinity War ended, and I don't care to find out.
    Last edited by Will of the Geeks; 05-19-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

baibai Batwing and Pandora
    Comics: Avengers (New/Mighty/Uncanny/World), Black Widow, Catwoman, Captain Marvel, Elektra, Miles Morales: USM, New Warriors, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, Supergirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, World's Finest, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Probably about the same amount as at Marvel in the same time period.

That leaves four original New 52 writer runs: Geoff Johns on Justice League, Scott Snyder on Batman, Peter J. Tomasi on Batman and Robin, and Gail Simone on Batgirl. I hope at least one of them makes it to issue 100.

Always a shame when a title is canceled; creators lose work, fans lose favorites.

That said, here's hoping DC replaces these titles with books that are daring, dangerous and high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Always a shame when a title is canceled; creators lose work, fans lose favorites.

That said, here's hoping DC replaces these titles with books that are daring, dangerous and high quality.
    Quoted in agreement.

BoP needs to be relaunched after Lemire finishes on Green Arrow and Seely finishes on Nightwing so they can have Lemire write Dinah and Helena together.

I guess the 5 Year Later issues with 3D covers that were solicited in advance will now serve as epilogue issues for these series.