Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Forever Evil #7

It's evil versus evil in the shocking "take-no-prisoners" conclusion to FOREVER EVIL! What will be the fate of Lex Luthor and his Injustice League? Who will live - and who will die? And why is The Hooded Man the most feared being from the Syndicate's world? Do not miss this startling finale that will leave the DC universe reeling and reveal the secrets to the future!

Full preview here.

"Don't worry, Batman…"

*drumroll*

"Cyborg's back."

*crickets*

In all seriousness, I kind of just want this event to end at this point.

I thought Grid was left outside. Did Cyborg drag Grid's body all the way to the watchtower? Also I don't see the lasso so either Cyborg dropped it or Trevor got better. Well glad to finally see the conclusion. Bizarro hugging Lex was adorable though.

Better late than nev...

Oh, wait. No.

Geoff Johns has been running on empty for a while now. He ran out of gas at the Sinestro Corps War. And now we are getting the dark, murky sludge that accumulates at the bottom of the tank going through the fuel injectors, clogging them up but good.

DC management could use a house-cleaning from the top on down, everyone must go. Diane Nelson doesn't know what she's doing. Dan DiDio has been needing a change of scenery since well before the last change of scenery. Jim Lee sucks as an administrator, and his art style has suffered in stagnation since he started in that type of role back at Image. Bob Harras is a textbook example of how to do things wrong. Show them ALL the door.

Yes that is the ticket for higher sales. Fire the A-list writer and artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Well god knows if you want to be successful at business you follow the ranting fanboys. Its only logical.

I'm still really looking forward to this. Fingers crossed for Hawkman getting a break-out scene or two. Johns is usually pretty good to the character, so I'm sort of counting on it. Hope I'm not in for a letdown.
    Hawkman: You know, Oliver--the ancient Egyptians had a word for people like you.
    Green Arrow: Oh, yeah? What's that?
    Hawkman: "Schmuck."
    - Green Arrow (Vol. 3) #12

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    In all seriousness, I kind of just want this event to end at this point.
    Good thing this is the last issue!

Val-Zod(Son of Zod,duh!) ApolloCreed!(The One and Only)'s Avatar

Finally!!!!!
    (aka)agent_graves (aka)4my6kidz

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I still have problems when people say that Finch is a A-list artist...really?

it's not like DC has only Johns that is running out of steam...it's good that he will focus more on TV/movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I still have problems when people say that Finch is a A-list artist...really?
    No I'm talking about Jim Lee.

it's not like DC has only Johns that is running out of steam...it's good that he will focus more on TV/movies.
    Johns and Snyder are the only two people who would be classed as A-List writers at DC. The only other one is Morrison who is pretty much only during Minis and GNs and out of the ongoing game. DC needs these people to attract talented artists like Finch or JRJR.

Marvel on the other hand has Remender, Hickman, Fraction and Bendis. That is twice the number that DC has. And I'm not even counting guys who should be counted, but aren't like Aaron and Waid.

BANNED

I wonder why DC doesn't has more A listers writers, I just wonder...

DC found a good solution on the weekly with a good and well known writers lemire, azzarelo, giffen, jurgens...DC assembly!

oh boy, I wonder how its going to end!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I wonder why DC doesn't has more A listers writers, I just wonder...
    Probably because DC has an editorial team less tolerant of strong writers with ideas of their own, which makes it harder for a strong and popular writer to rise up from the ranks of DC's writer pool and why any strong writers usually aren't going to stay around at DC unless editorial gives them carte blanche like they do for Morrison, Snyder and Johns.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-19-2014 at 08:39 PM.