Page 574 of 592 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 8871
  1. #8596
    Incredible Member Rise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I've read Artemis in some WW books before this and this has much more depth than she's usually given. As Jason and technically Bizarro have family I think at some point her connection to the WW family should be explored. The problem is that all of them seem to be having origin struggles at the moment. I'm not sure how old Artemis is supposed to be but the Bana-Mighdall didn't have immortality until Circe started messing with them in old canon since theirs was taken away once they renounced their gods and started worshipping Egyptian gods.

    I took it for Artemis finally seeing the innocence Jason saw and admiring him for being himself. She cares for Bizarro but I don't think she fully lost her suspicions of him.

    Why is his total trust in Bizarro unusual? Jason has had blind spots in the past. From the extreme of ignoring warning signs from Joker's Daughter to not even seeming fazed by Shelia Haywood's actions. Jason has shown pride in Bizarro's growth and already questioned having to put him down. Maybe he doesn't want to be disappointed in someone again or worse have to question killing Bizarro again.
    She didn't simply started to care about him, he just suddenly become one of the three people she cares about most. It was pretty random and lazy from Lobdell to be honest.

    Because Jason isn't a naive fool. He didn't declare his complete trust in JD and was pretty aware that she was shady. He just wanted to be wrong and tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but quickly confronted her after his suspicion about her was confirmed.

    His situation with his mother is a different matter and had a big impact on him in way that he shouldn't at all trust easily any person like he is strangely doing with Bizarro. He declared once that Roy is the one person he trust the most in the world, but it was never a blind one that we got one of the best sence in comics ever when he asked Roy if he was drinking again. It was just simple and great scene that showed the deep trust between them without making one of them look like a fool.

  2. #8597
    Long Live The Phantom Aioros22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,935

    Default

    I`m going to re-read the whole book up to this point but you really see Artemis trusting Jason too fast?

    I recall it was more that he kept surprising her at every turn and after he goes out of his way to Qurac to help her despite his past, that`s where he fully earns it.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

    "Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

    I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

    "Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

  3. #8598

    Default

    That is exactly what happened, yeah. Jason became so important for Artemis due all the effort he put on helping her on Qurac and against Akila. Something that no one had ever done for her before.

    If anything, it can be argued that Artemis attachment to Bizarro is where Lobdell got lazy since it happened off panel and the way it was revealed made it look like an afterthought.

  4. #8599
    Incredible Member Rise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I`m going to re-read the whole book up to this point but you really see Artemis trusting Jason too fast?

    I recall it was more that he kept surprising her at every turn and after he goes out of his way to Qurac to help her despite his past, that`s where he fully earns it.
    Artemis? I was talking about Jason blind trust in Bizarro.

    Unless you mean my first sentence which was about Atremis sudden change of heart regarding Bizarro.

  5. #8600
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    131

    Default

    To be fair, you also have to consider the huge amount of tie-in issues coming out for METAL.

  6. #8601
    Swordsman Supreme R0NIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Been out of the Red Hood and the Outlaws loop for a bit...has he pulled out swords or the all blades anytime recently or is his just strictly guns now?

  7. #8602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Been out of the Red Hood and the Outlaws loop for a bit...has he pulled out swords or the all blades anytime recently or is his just strictly guns now?
    He used them again on issue 11

  8. #8603
    Swordsman Supreme R0NIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    He used them again on issue 11
    Thank you much appreciated.

  9. #8604
    Mighty Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    @Aioros, Redbird and Dark: All very good points!

  10. #8605
    Mighty Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Because Jason isn't a naive fool. He didn't declare his complete trust in JD and was pretty aware that she was shady. He just wanted to be wrong and tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but quickly confronted her after his suspicion about her was confirmed.
    This is how I feel as well. I can get Jason turning a blind eye but not completely unaware of a thing.

  11. #8606
    Mighty Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    On a different matter, since Jason has been stating how he promised Batman not to kill... much. I wonder how long until he's in a situation where he has to. This promise can only be referecend so many times before it becomes stale, and I'd like a taste of what sets Red Hood apart from the fam again. See where he stands at the moment.

  12. #8607
    THE DOCTOR Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The TARDIS
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    On a different matter, since Jason has been stating how he promised Batman not to kill... much. I wonder how long until he's in a situation where he has to. This promise can only be referecend so many times before it becomes stale, and I'd like a taste of what sets Red Hood apart from the fam again. See where he stands at the moment.
    Good point. Same here.
    "I would call you a genius except I'm in the room." THE DOCTOR

  13. #8608
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

    Anyways, team Detective failed to make a significant improvement on the sales for past issue with issue 15 failing to make it to the top 100.
    We'll see if there was any kind of increase once the numbers are out, but in general, I'm not surprised. When it comes to the more niche books, even appearances from A-listers such as the Trinity don't help sales.

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    On a different matter, since Jason has been stating how he promised Batman not to kill... much. I wonder how long until he's in a situation where he has to. This promise can only be referecend so many times before it becomes stale, and I'd like a taste of what sets Red Hood apart from the fam again. See where he stands at the moment.
    Not saying I support this, but on a scale from "Willing to see how this plays" to "NOTMUHJASON!", how would you guys feel if rather than this leading to him needing to kill in an instance, it led to him not doing it any more at all?
    Last edited by Assam; 11-12-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

    Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

  14. #8609
    Mighty Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not saying I support this, but on a scale from "Willing to see how this plays" to "NOTMUHJASON!", how would you feel if rather than this leading to him needing to kill in an instance, it led to him not doing it any more at all?
    I don't think his moral stance was hinted to have changed at all to justify not doing it anymore. And I think it would do more harm than good in the long run to be honest. Unless by doing so, you have something just as strong to replace "representing an argument to Batman's method" as a summary to the character. So... a 9, on the "NOTMUHJASON!" side.

  15. #8610
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    We'll see if there was any kind of increase once the numbers are out, but in general, I'm not surprised. When it comes to the more niche books, even appearances from A-listers such as the Trinity don't help sales.
    The team members who appeared aren't really the big draws imo. Would be interesting if the current issue will sell better (putting Harley Quinn on the cover can actually increase sales ...).

    And would anyway wait for the absolute numbers, with Metal and Legacy it wouldn't be surprising if he got pushed out of the top 100 without a big decline in sales.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •