Page 477 of 597 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 8942
    Mighty Member

Nothing can be as bad as Tec appearance in Birds of Prey today but yeah not looking forward to Squad. What do you mean Cass is getting adopted soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Nothing can be as bad as Tec appearance in Birds of Prey today
    It was bad?

Weird, maybe, with Steph being there when she's supposed to be rocky with the others, and Luke and JPV missing.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

What do you mean Cass is getting adopted soon?
    I talked to Tynion and asked him about the adoption. He told me that he did want to bring it back, and he strongly implied, stuttering and saying "All I can say..." that it was going to happen, and that it would be connected to the arc where he find out what Shiva whispered to her. He's got things planned out till issue #1000, and if double shipping continues, that's a year and half from now.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    LOL, I wasn't calling the Outlaws losers (I dig this current bunch), I was referring to the Suicide Squad. HATE them.

Mostly I'm just disappointed because I really want to see a dynamic form between Jason and Cass. We know what her relationship with Tim is supposed to look like from the old days, but we only have the vaguest idea of what a typical interaction between her and Dick or Damian would look like, and she's never really gotten to interact with Jason, which, as we've established on both this and the Cass threads, is a relationship with a TON of potential. She's gonna be adopted in the next year and a half; she should know her brothers beforehand.
    Yesyesyesyesyes (sorry that was my bad, totally misread your comment)
    I can't express how much I want them to meet their batsister. The potential for a Jason and Cass meeting goes so much beyond their personalities given their history and beliefs coming out of their traumas. On a humorous hand, I've also seen more than a few posts about just how ridiculous the language both these characters like to use. Cass who once tried to imitate TV talk and Jason "goodness gracious I've been bamboozled" Todd.
    Question: have you seen that theory drifting about Jason being a halfbrother to Cass. I think someone speculated that since Shiva lied about Cass in death of family, they thought there was a chance she lied about Jason being her son too.
    Not sure how I feel about the theory in general but it is one of the more interesting things coming from timeline inconsistencies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It was bad?

Weird, maybe, with Steph being there when she's supposed to be rocky with the others, and Luke and JPV missing.
    It was so nothing and the situation was so dumb and ridiculous.

I talked to Tynion and asked him about the adoption. He told me that he did want to bring it back, and he strongly implied, stuttering and saying "All I can say..." that it was going to happen, and that it would be connected to the arc where he find out what Shiva whispered to her. He's got things planned out till issue #1000, and if double shipping continues, that's a year and half from now.
    Ah I don't believe him but we'll see. I still think Duke is next if anyone was getting adopted and even then they don't seem keen on referring them o the current group as sons on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    I can't express how much I want them to meet their batsister. The potential for a Jason and Cass meeting goes so much beyond their personalities given their history and beliefs coming out of their traumas. On a humorous hand, I've also seen more than a few posts about just how ridiculous the language both these characters like to use. Cass who once tried to imitate TV talk and Jason "goodness gracious I've been bamboozled" Todd.
    Cass quoting TV and movies has happened a couple times (even Star Wars once), though nothing has topped, "You bet your sweet patootie, baby". I'm positive Cass's quoting of Shakespeare in 'Tec is his way of calling back to both this, and Babs's repeated attempts to get Cass to come to acting classes with her.

Also, in addition to the things we've discussed regarding why Cass and Jason would bounce off each other so well, something else I realized is that Cass historically and Jason currently are both closest to Tim. Considering DC hates/doesn't care about the middle BatKids, it'd be cool to see them stick together.

Question: have you seen that theory drifting about Jason being a halfbrother to Cass. I think someone speculated that since Shiva lied about Cass in death of family, they thought there was a chance she lied about Jason being her son too.
    Not sure how I feel about the theory in general but it is one of the more interesting things coming from timeline inconsistencies.
    I'm a familiar with the theory. Not a big supporter of it, but if somehow beyond reason it became canon, I wouldn't object to it.

Ah I don't believe him but we'll see.
    He's a pretty honest guy, both from what I've heard and based on his answers to my other questions, so I see no reason to think he'd lie.

It was so nothing and the situation was so dumb and ridiculous.
    Not really. It was sort of a tease of the next arc, since at least three of them are showing up in it, and probably all of them.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-13-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I hope we get a Red Hood vs. Dead Shot fight.
    I actually want to see this. Influenced from watching too much Injustice tournaments.

Also, in addition to the things we've discussed regarding why Cass and Jason would bounce off each other so well, something else I realized is that Cass historically and Jason currently are both closest to Tim. Considering DC hates/doesn't care about the middle BatKids, it'd be cool to see them stick together.
    Middle kids represent!

I actually don't mind seeing Jason be close to Tim as much as some other opinions I've heard here. Feels like DC tried to do a middle kids dynamic with them while Dick and Damian got the oldest/youngest thing happening (which while super cute, did also soften Dick up a bunch to have him work with Damian's arc). Jason's pit mad attempt on Tim's life is usually cited as the most antagonistic interaction between the two but I always assumed Tim would have a lot more to take out on Dick because Dick's stripping of his role as Robin during an incredibly stressful time as his loved ones die around him was such a personal move.

There's so many spiteful fanworks made about the general shovelling aside of all of them I can easily see why someone would ask for Tim Jay and Cass to work together.
    Just in general though, middle kids in batfam deserve so much better, hear hear!

Fantastic Member

Is anyone else here getting a https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowers_for_Algernon vibe from what is happening to bizzaro.

Sassy robin Jay was the best. I can't even name a fav moment but him on that babydate with Carla as Bats interrogated in the back of a bar comes close.
    First time I saw a comic that didn't treat prostitute characters like subhumans and I remember that scene really stuck with me about Bruce and Jason
    Oh I love that as well, and it wasn't just that she wasn't treated like dirt, rather that the comic presented her in such a lovely light with Jason and Bruce went out of his way to tell Jay that she deserved the utmost respect.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Anyone read Metal #2? From some other threads, it seems Jason sort of made an appearance.
    Yeah along with some other batfam members, which was pretty cool, its nice to see them all work within a team. Also I chuckled at the codename: Family.

Mostly I'm just disappointed because I really want to see a dynamic form between Jason and Cass. We know what her relationship with Tim is supposed to look like from the old days, but we only have the vaguest idea of what a typical interaction between her and Dick or Damian would look like, and she's never really gotten to interact with Jason, which, as we've established on both this and the Cass threads, is a relationship with a TON of potential. She's gonna be adopted in the next year and a half; she should know her brothers beforehand.
    I second this!

Incredible Member

when jason get to be so nice? That annual was weird. Also is the book anticlimatic, with such heavy hitters, I mean artemis can give wonder woman workout and bizzaro is natural disater inn the right mood

Also Jason appeared in the newest Gotham Garage, for anyone following. As an enemy of course.

It's funny how his helmet is more different from canon Red Hood and Wingman than some of his gang's. On the other hand, it seems to be the only one that doesn't feature the bat ears.