Page 769 of 772 FirstFirst ... 269669719759765766767768769770771772 LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 11580
  1. #11521
    Spectacular Member magpieM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    137

    Default

    By the way, I have an impression that Roy and Starfire would 'somehow' show up around issue #24 based on previous discussion in this thread about some twitter information. Does anyone remember that?

  2. #11522
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Oh snap, I forgot it's #24 already. Yeah Lobdell did say so. Do you think that to pull Jason back from the dark side, it will need more than just the current Outlaws? A source from tumblr also said All-Caste might be back as well.

  3. #11523
    THE RED HOOD JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WITH THE OUTLAWS
    Posts
    5,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    RHATO #12, July 2017, Bizarro vs Grundy --> That was the beginning of Bizarro story line.

    I totally agree that 3 issues are not enough to tell a good Bizarro story, but 12 months (maybe more) is too long... We are about to have an anniversary for it!
    I disagree. Something of this sort really does need the proper buildup for the resolution to have meaning and readers need to see that buildup. It can't just happen off panel like happens in some books. *cough cough 'Tec cough cough* Honestly I don't feel like anyone has taken a backseat to anyone else in this book. Believe me I've seen what that's like and this ain't it.

    Current Top 30 Titles:Accell/Super Sons/Red Hood and the Outlaws/Curse of Brimstone/Superb/New Super-Man/Green Lanterns/Terrifics/Maxwell's Demons/Batman and the Signal/Silencer/Incidentals/Noble/Falcon/My Hero Academia/Ninja-K/Sideways/Monstress/Alters/Batman/Kino/ASM: Renew Your Vows/Summit/Bloodshot: Salvation/Moon Knight/Astonisher/Tales of Suspense/Jazz Maynard/Damage/Brillant Trash


    Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

  4. #11524
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    What I like about Lobdell is that he plants the seeds for future storylines very, very early. I vastly prefer this sort of natural progression over the one-and-done approach where things just crop up suddenly to be resolved and then forgotten.

  5. #11525
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    What I like about Lobdell is that he plants the seeds for future storylines very, very early. I vastly prefer this sort of natural progression over the one-and-done approach where things just crop up suddenly to be resolved and then forgotten.
    The tricky part of what Lobdell is doing though is if you take too long to realise the plot and when you do it becomes an incoherent mess like Chris Claremont's X-Men run became because you're either a new reader or you have forgotten the plot even exist. So I hope he doesn't fall into that trap.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  6. #11526
    THE RED HOOD JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WITH THE OUTLAWS
    Posts
    5,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    What I like about Lobdell is that he plants the seeds for future storylines very, very early. I vastly prefer this sort of natural progression over the one-and-done approach where things just crop up suddenly to be resolved and then forgotten.
    Me too. Not all writers manage that and I like stories that have a slow build that actually leads to a believable resolution.

    Current Top 30 Titles:Accell/Super Sons/Red Hood and the Outlaws/Curse of Brimstone/Superb/New Super-Man/Green Lanterns/Terrifics/Maxwell's Demons/Batman and the Signal/Silencer/Incidentals/Noble/Falcon/My Hero Academia/Ninja-K/Sideways/Monstress/Alters/Batman/Kino/ASM: Renew Your Vows/Summit/Bloodshot: Salvation/Moon Knight/Astonisher/Tales of Suspense/Jazz Maynard/Damage/Brillant Trash


    Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

  7. #11527
    Spectacular Member magpieM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Solicitation is always 3 months ahead. After one month of waiting, you got another one saying something like 'Bizarro is getting worse...' + 'the rest of the outlaws...' + 'Can outlaws... this time?' again, and it doesn't seem to be the last one for it.

    Well, I would just blame that the solicitation writer is terribly lack of imagination...

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Oh snap, I forgot it's #24 already. Yeah Lobdell did say so. Do you think that to pull Jason back from the dark side, it will need more than just the current Outlaws? A source from tumblr also said All-Caste might be back as well.
    I remember Lobdell implied that the previous Outlaws would appear 'in a way' (or something like that). Not sure what he meant. Maybe he kept things vague because he couldn't let the solicitation spoil anything, just like Faye Gunn Jr was totally a surprise.

  8. #11528
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The tricky part of what Lobdell is doing though is if you take too long to realise the plot and when you do it becomes an incoherent mess like Chris Claremont's X-Men run became because you're either a new reader or you have forgotten the plot even exist. So I hope he doesn't fall into that trap.
    Well I have no idea what Chris Claremont's X-Men looks like, but so far the aside from the Mysterious Guy and Willis' letter, what Lobdell has spinkled all over the run have the subtlety of either looking like a fun one-and-done thing (stealing Penguin's money, laundering that money through his own casino) or a character moment (Jason's talk with Croc, him reading Become What You Are, etc...). It's not Lobdell introducing plots after plots and taking too long to realize them because they work well as a standalone in that moment, but when something does come out of them, you can appreaciate the long-term thinking, or at least the idea of using what's already there and make it grow.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 04-16-2018 at 10:39 PM.

  9. #11529
    Astonishing Member G-Potion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I remember Lobdell implied that the previous Outlaws would appear 'in a way' (or something like that). Not sure what he meant. Maybe he kept things vague because he couldn't let the solicitation spoil anything, just like Faye Gunn Jr was totally a surprise.
    I really hope they appear in a substantial way. But with the way the recent solicits sound, the book seems already quite busy with all the present factors. Wonder how Roy and Kory fit in.

  10. #11530
    Spectacular Member Armor of God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I`m going to need context for that one since I shamely don`t follow the book. I`m aware it is part of the YA imprint but:

    . How is he the "last Robin"?

    . Is this it`s own alternative universe?

    . Is the setting a futuristic one as it appears?

    . Is this his first appearance in the book?
    The others are presumably dead.

    Its like Batman Beyond

    So yeah, 10 years in to the future

    Yes

  11. #11531
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Well I have no idea what Chris Claremont's X-Men looks like, but so far the aside from the Mysterious Guy and Willis' letter, what Lobdell has spinkled all over the run have the subtlety of either looking like a fun one-and-done thing (stealing Penguin's money, laundering that money through his own casino) or a character moment (Jason's talk with Croc, him reading Become What You Are, etc...). It's not Lobdell introducing plots after plots and taking too long to realize them because they work well as a standalone in that moment, but when something does come out of them, you can appreaciate the long-term thinking, or at least the idea of using what's already there and make it grow.
    Unlike Lobdell's Red Hood and the Outlaws run Claremont's run on the X-Men lasted sixteen years something that would unprecedented then and now. While Claremont defined the X-Men he laid down a lot of plot threads that he took forever to pick up upon resulting in low sales for the X-Men because of it. It was like Claremont expected himself to write the X-Men forever. So yeah I am glad Lobdell isn't taking too long to get on with it though i wodner whether someone could replace Lobdell should he end up suffering from burn out or when his run is over.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  12. #11532
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    What I like about Lobdell is that he plants the seeds for future storylines very, very early. I vastly prefer this sort of natural progression over the one-and-done approach where things just crop up suddenly to be resolved and then forgotten.
    I like that, too. it's one of the most entertaining tools in a narrative as a reader, go looking for thrown future treads and fitting pieces across an story progress. It even makes me enjoy reading some stories that are not really readable in other circunstances: finding clues, putting then together, anticipating the plot. Fun stuff.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-17-2018 at 01:06 AM.

  13. #11533
    Long Live The Phantom Aioros22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    The others are presumably dead.

    Its like Batman Beyond

    So yeah, 10 years in to the future

    Yes
    Thanks for the quick responses. The whole setting looks interesting but I had doubts because I recall Batman and Batwoman showing up in the book before going by previous solicitions, off memory?
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

    "Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

    I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

    "Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

  14. #11534
    Long Live The Phantom Aioros22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    - I'm guessing this means the other Robins are dead.

    - Originally, it wasn't, but after Milk Wars, Violet got dropped in a different universe.

    - Yes.

    - Yes (unless he appears in #2-#4).
    But Kate has showed up in the book before as well, right. How does she differ from the mainstream books, if at all?

    Thanks for the responses as well, Caivu.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

    "Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

    I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

    "Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

  15. #11535
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    By the way, I have an impression that Roy and Starfire would 'somehow' show up around issue #24 based on previous discussion in this thread about some twitter information. Does anyone remember that?
    I got the impression it might happen at the very end of the issue. Something that's revealed the last page. Maybe Jason is close to crossing the line and Artemis finds a way to contact them because she doesn't want to involve the bat family yet. Maybe Jason's so upset he doesn't care about the rules Bruce set up but Artemis doesn't want him to get in trouble.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •