Page 247 of 306 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4588
    "I’m Mary Poppins Y’all!" Aioros22's Avatar

Ahh the Claudo Castellini/Barrie Windsor Smith style hybrid. Jason is totally action figure posed in this one

Artemis axe strikes me a bit funny here, thought.

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #11
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL • Art by DEXTER SOY • Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT • Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Who is Artemis?” finale! The Dark Trinity faces a bigger threat than ever before, with thousands of lives hanging in the balance! After Akila resurrects an army of Amazon warriors aimed at destroying an entire country, Artemis is given a choice—fulfill her destiny as the champion of Bana-Mighdall, or stand by her new allies, Red Hood and Bizarro?
    On sale JUNE 14 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

That was fast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL • Art by DEXTER SOY • Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT • Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Who is Artemis?” finale! The Dark Trinity faces a bigger threat than ever before, with thousands of lives hanging in the balance! After Akila resurrects an army of Amazon warriors aimed at destroying an entire country, Artemis is given a choice—fulfill her destiny as the champion of Bana-Mighdall, or stand by her new allies, Red Hood and Bizarro?

That was fast
    Where is everyone finding the June solicits???

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Where is everyone finding the June solicits???
    https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/843930211578249216

Also, this bit on Injustice's solict caught my eye

INJUSTICE 2 #3
    Written by TOM TAYLOR • Art by DANIEL SAMPERE and JUAN ALBARRAN
    Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    A raid on Stryker’s Prison by a newly formed Suicide Squad does the unthinkable and releases Superman from his cell. Meanwhile, Harley Quinn encounters someone she never expected to see again—and Damian Wayne is shocked by the appearance of someone he never knew existed.
    On sale JUNE 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

INJUSTICE 2 #4
    Written by TOM TAYLOR • Art by BRUNO REDONDO and JUAN ALBARRAN
    Covers by BRUNO REDONDO
    Harley finds herself up against impossible odds forcing her to make a deal with the devil. Meanwhile, Batman offers counsel to one young man and then remembers happier times and a day of training with another one—his own son, Damian.
    On sale JUNE 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    Jason?

Astonishing Member

That was fast
    I like it when they keep the stories short. Not every arc needs to be 6 issues long.

Jason?
    Lance Bruner? John Vance ? Roger Burnim Jr. ? Aunt Agatha ? Vanderveer Wayne ?

(Maybe I should do an Appreciation thread for Obscure Batfamily members.)

That was fast
    Neat. I wonder what tricks Jay comes up with to get the better of Artemis.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

"I’m Mary Poppins Y’all!" Aioros22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I like it when they keep the stories short. Not every arc needs to be 6 issues long.

Lance Bruner? John Vance ? Roger Burnim Jr. ? Aunt Agatha ? Vanderveer Wayne ?

(Maybe I should do an Appreciation thread for Obscure Batfamily members.)
    Lance Bruner for First Ally, actually

The Injustice mention can be Jason. I love the idea of an older Jay meeting Damian.

"A..rock you say? Not enough sarcasm for that one".

Incidentally, this might be the first time Rocafort seems to be drawing the helmet without his mouthpiece. Noice!

That was fast
    That was a great cover, but I must tell you, when I see the helmet in Rocafort's art without the mouth it seems weird. In my mind I associate the mouth with Rocafort I suppose.

So, I suppose all we know how the confrontation ends, unless a unexpected surprise of Lobdell.

How Jason will fight with Artemis? He will uses dirty tricks like the taser, will try to get into Artemis' mind... maybe the All-Blades? (I doubt this one)
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 03-20-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Lance Bruner for First Ally, actually
    Historically it should be John Vance aka Batman Jr.

Now I'm sad we never got Anime Protagonist Jason

Now I'm sad we never got Anime Protagonist Jason
    At least we have the movie of Batman: Under the Red Hood. Which anime studio would you choose to make an animated movie of Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    That was a great cover, but I must tell you, when I see the helmet in Rocafort's art without the mouth it seems weird. In my mind I associate the mouth with Rocafort I suppose.

So, I suppose all we know how the confrontation ends, unless a unexpected surprise of Lobdell.

How Jason will fight with Artemis? He will uses dirty tricks like the taser, will try to get into Artemis' mind... maybe the All-Blades? (I doubt this one)
    I think he'll switch to fight Akila with the All-blades and leave Artemis to Bizarro. i mean, just look at Akila. if it isn't screaming "evil thingy", I don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think he'll switch to fight Akila with the All-blades and leave Artemis to Bizarro. i mean, just look at Akila. if it isn't screaming "evil thingy", I don't know what does.
    Well, is an option, but I have doubts. I mean depends if Akila wields the Bow of Ra or not. I not sure if Jason can handle the former Shim-Tar with that kind of weapon and survive. Artemis beat Jason's ass without any weapon.

Apart, I think a fight between Jason and Artemis adds more emotional charge than Artemis vs Bizarro, after all, Jason is the leader of the team and according to the advance of the issue Artemis has to decide if stays with her new team or not.

Saw this on Tumblr: https://hellyeahteensuperheroes.tumb...028/big-rumors

Big Rumors
    4chan has been causing some noise with big rumors of big changes coming to DC. I’ve decided to take a look at what they’re saying and share my opinion.

1) Dark Days is the mysterious “Metal” event Scott Snyder has been teasing he’ll do with Greg Capulo. It will bring characters from alternate Universes to Prime DC Earth, some of which will try to take it over. Some of them will stick around after the event and be featured in books from September, when every title will get a one-shot setting up new status quo after one year time skip. – Pretty standard, I could buy this one.

2) One of the characters that stick around will be Superboy Prime, whom Clark will try to redeem on the pages of Superman. – Risky move since it’s Prime but I could totally see Superman try to redeem him.

3) We will see the return of JSA with Power Girl, Jay Garrick, Red Tornado, Alan Scott and Johnny Thunder, in a new book by Dan Abnett – Will those be Earth-2 characters back to the Prime Earth or Pre-Flashpoint versions?

4) Another character from another Universe to stick around will be Mar’I Grayson, daughter of Dick and Kory. Nightwing will have to search for her in his own book. – I could see it. If this and 14 will be true, I want them to cross over.

5) Another will be Bart Allen, who will be featured as Impulse alongside Jesse Quick, Max Mercury and older Wally West in Speed Force by Brett Booth and writing and art – Hell yes Bart is back. And since people wanted a team of speedsters – yeah, I can see this too.

6) Red Robin will escape from Mr. Oz’ captivity and free several other inmates, leading them as the new Outsiders – They kept Tim quite a bit away, he really could return. Hope Conner and few other forgotten characters will be on this team.

7) Cyborg will be canceled but replaced with a team-up book (mini?) between him and Shazam, by John Semper. Hal Jordan and Green Lantern Corps will be relaunched as Green Lantern Corps with Hal still leading, but Kyle dying in Dark Days and John and Soranik going to Cullen Bunn’s to Yellow Lanterns. Don’t worry, Green Lanterns will still be going and keep its creative team, but will go monthly. – Don’t know about the others but I could see Green Lanterns turning monthly. I’ll be mad if they’ll kill Kyle.

8) Other canceled titles are Superwoman and Blue Beetle with Jaime joining Teen Titans. Red Hood and the Outlaws as well, with Artemis and Bizarro returning to Wonder Woman and Action Comics and Jason getting a solo series by Lobdell. – Totally could see Blue Beetle canceled and Jaime joining Teen Titans and we already have rumors about Superwoman ending. But I thought people liked new Outlaws.

9) Due to poor sales both Batgirl and Batgirl & the Birds of Prey will be canceled, Barbara will make heroic sacrifice putting her back into a wheelchair. The books will be relaunched as Birds of Prey, where Oracle, Huntress and Black Canary are joined by Lady Blackhawk and Batgirls by Genevieve Valentine, where Barbara trains Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as her successors. – And this one I cannot buy. DC was so adamant to keep Barbara as Batgirl I find it now hard to believe they would give in and make her Oracle again. And Babs training Steph and Cass written by Genevieve Valentine sounds too good to be true.

10) Which of course means Cass is leaving Detective Comics. So is Clayface and the post-Dark Days roster will keep Batman, Batwoman, Batwing, and Azrael and add Duke Thomas, Harper Row and Anarky. – Happy to see Luke and Duke in one team since I wanted that and Harper and Kate could result in them showing up on another ball in tuxedos to pick up ladies, so I both could see this happen and would welcome them as additions to the team.

11) Other new books announced are Legion by James Tynion, Checkmate by Tom King and World’s Fines by Tim Seeley, where every issue features a team-up between different members of Batfamily and Superfamily. – Team up book? Please let it be real, I always liked those.

12) Batman leading the JLA will be revealed to be Martian Manhunter in disguise. – For what purpose?

13) More miniseries including 12-parts mini about Crime Syndicate of Earth 3, Justice Incarnate by Peter Thomasi and a completely new Batman Beyond starring Damian who grew up without knowing Bruce and a GCPD cop Sarah Grayson, Dick’s daughter, as his love interest. – Does that mean current Batman Beyond will be canceled?

14) Slade Wilson will go missing with Rose taking the codename Deathstroke as she tries to find him. – Okay, on the one hand, Deathstroke editor recently teased a bold new direction (still by Priest) but on the other, it was something I once cooked up and proposed on this blog, even got in an argument whenever it would be a good decision with @rosewilsontheravager . It could be something they put for people like me to go nuts….

If item #8 actually comes true, i.e. if RHATO v2 doesn't even reach half the issue count of RHATO v1, then it's time to acknwledge one of the most self-evident truths of comic books: producing quality books has by now become a pointless effort.

Let alone that I already know that I'll absolutely despise Artemis' characterisation in any comic written by Greg "Metternich had a point" Rucka.