Super Moderator

Default Disney Debuts First "Big Hero 6" Stills

With the trailer just days away, Disney has released images of characters from "Big Hero 6," its first Marvel Comics-based animated feature.

Full article here.

WHOA! Film debuts November 7? I had this nagging feeling that I read it was coming out this year, but then hardly saw any info on the animated feature. So glad to hear about the established release date.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

That's a nice stripping of the Japanese element.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    That's a nice stripping of the Japanese element.
    Seems like it's still present to me:

Not entirely keen about this not being linked to the actual MCU, somehow - there's been very little exploration of the MCU outside of Cap's first film taking place in Europe, so.. I don't know, it would have been interesting to have this linked to the actual MCU, to me, rather than just doing some 'future' thing, although that does allow it to do it's own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStatham View Post
    Not entirely keen about this not being linked to the actual MCU, somehow - there's been very little exploration of the MCU outside of Cap's first film taking place in Europe, so.. I don't know, it would have been interesting to have this linked to the actual MCU, to me, rather than just doing some 'future' thing, although that does allow it to do it's own thing.
    I agree, ain't would have liked it to be in the MCU. Like Agents of SHIELD, there's no reason it couldn't exist in the MCU without having to directly reference the other films or have team ups and crossovers. But it'd be nice to fill out the MCU.

That said, it might just be the animation style but I was disappointed that the only reason I know the main character is Asian is because I've been told so, because if I was shown the character without any reference point I wouldn't know he's not white. I admit I could be jumping the gun a bit, though. Maybe in action it will be more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
    That said, it might just be the animation style but I was disappointed that the only reason I know the main character is Asian is because I've been told so, because if I was shown the character without any reference point I wouldn't know he's not white. I admit I could be jumping the gun a bit, though. Maybe in action it will be more obvious.
    What exactly is he supposed to look like to appear Asian without any reference point?

I have the feeling there's no way of answering that with examples and not get banned.
    Make it blue

Original Join Date: Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by MrStatham View Post
    This doesn't take place in Europe. It takes place in California.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    This doesn't take place in Europe. It takes place in California.
    I think he refers that it would be neat if we could see the MCU outside of USA and that the only real place we've seen so far is Europe during WWII. I agree with him, I think they should have taken the opportunity to show how the rest of the world reacts to superheroes. Would they accept them like Japan? Or go full Canada and make concentration camps and experiments with them?

Technically the film takes place in the fictional city of "San Fransokyo" because it can't be "too foreign" ugh.

Also, love your avatar.

Seems like it's still present to me:
    "Sanfrantokyo."

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I think he refers that it would be neat if we could see the MCU outside of USA and that the only real place we've seen so far is Europe during WWII. I agree with him, I think they should have taken the opportunity to show how the rest of the world reacts to superheroes. Would they accept them like Japan? Or go full Canada and make concentration camps and experiments with them?
    Bingo. Pretty much exactly what I meant. We've seen Europe in Cap's first movie, and obviously the Middle East in the first Iron Man, but it'd just be interesting to have set this film in a contemporary Japan and just really ran with it in terms of how that culture would assimilate stuff like Iron Man and the like; I mean, hopefully we'll see something of that in this movie anyway, but even so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    "Sanfrantokyo."

Yeah. How is that removing the Japanese element when there is clearly a Japanese influence?

Yeah. How is that removing the Japanese element when there is clearly a Japanese influence?
    How about just Tokyo?
    If this is meant as a kids movie, which it looks like, why does location mean anything?
    Kids dont care about locations.

I'm not sold yet, but I'm sufficiently intrigued. Movies like Wreck-It Ralph and Toy Story 3 have shown that Disney can still make some great animated movies. Along with Marvel, this definitely has the resources to work. But I need to see another more detailed trailer before I let myself get excited.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

BH6 is not a Marvel Studios movie. It's a Disney Animation Studios movie. That's why it's not set in the MCU.