Page 230 of 236 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3530
  1. #3436
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Old Loki did screw Norman Osborn over pretty badly. Sure, everyone at the end of Dark Reign did, but Loki more or less used Osborn as one of the main tools of his suicide. Norman probably hasn't figured that out, but it would be an interesting thing to be brought up.

    Damn, doesn't Dark Reign seem like it was so long ago?

  2. #3437
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,889

    Default

    Yup, Loki screwed him over good. But as you say, i don't know if he knows the depths to which he was played. But he could be an interesting foe for Loki. They do have a history, they are both chessmaster types (when Osborn is sane), and though he too has flirted with doing a face turn, at the moment from what i can tell, he is sufficiently evil to play off of Loki in anti-hero mode. And, actually, the fact that he has attempted a face turn himself but has since backslid makes him interesting vs Loki for that reason alone. Loki, if they are building a rogues gallery for him, and it is definitely something they need to do if they intend to keep him on this path, and it is beginning to look like they may be making the first steps in that direction, does need most of his rogues to be pretty damn evil, so he looks good in comparison. Loki is no altruistic saint, he is a pretty self-interested Chaotic Neutral anti-hero, and he also ranks pretty damn high on the power scale, so it will take a lot to get his attention. He is not going to go out and stop bank robbers just cus, and he would be willing to let a lot of borderline grayish area stuff slide as long as it wasn't directed at himself personally, or maybe his friends or family. So his foes need to be outright evil, and need to be either very powerful, or a very smart and calculating. Taking on the role of Sorcerer Supreme is actually kind of brilliant for him in this regard, because it both kind of forces him to be more altruistic, because that is the job, and comes ready made with a whole host of super evil baddies on his power level to fight, since Dr Strange is on a similar power level so also requires those types of bad guys.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-06-2017 at 01:45 PM.

  3. #3438
    Member Supreme Morsoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Okay, so I can understand if you are burned out on AVAC, I know I am, but you may wanna dust it off for the next event starting in a few days....

    [Removed picture]

    It's Cat Thor! except not Thor, they swapped out the tiny Thor helmet for his horns. but still. If they don't call him Lokitty, i shall be disappointed.
    O-K-A-Y... Is it a joke? Because if it's not, a bunch of people here against "SJW/Selfies/cuteness/swapping characters" will explode.

  4. #3439
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    At this point, Loki's true power-level is sort of in-whack. He's sort of as powerful as the story demands, which in this case actually sort of makes sense in this case.

    It all just really depends on Loki's role in this series. It seems like he will be in the hero role, though that is always something to be questioned when Loki is involved.

  5. #3440
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    O-K-A-Y... Is it a joke? Because if it's not, a bunch of people here against "SJW/Selfies/cuteness/swapping characters" will explode.
    Who cares what they think? CatLoki is precious! PRECIOUS!

  6. #3441
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    O-K-A-Y... Is it a joke? Because if it's not, a bunch of people here against "SJW/Selfies/cuteness/swapping characters" will explode.
    Oh, it's absolutely for real. In Squirrel Girl, Loki and Thor helped Doreen and friends fight Ratatoskr, a squirrel from Norse Mythology that was wreaking havoc on Earth. (which was partly Loki's fault, one of his plans from the bad old days) Doreen's friend Nancy drew a comic strip featuring the Asgardians as cats:



    So when she met Loki, he told her he did great impressions 'shape shifter and all' and she asked him to become Cat Thor. He did, to humor her, and he seemed amused by the idea himself. He KEPT doing it because it annoyed Thor.



    And since then, Cat Thor/Loki has appeared in Mighty Thor itself, when Loki did his 'all the Lokis' illusion swarm.



    So it is totally canon. And I don't have a single fuck to give if it pissess anyone off, because it was hilarious and I loved it.

    Also, AVAC is has always been all about the cute/funny, so it fits in perfectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    At this point, Loki's true power-level is sort of in-whack. He's sort of as powerful as the story demands, which in this case actually sort of makes sense in this case.

    It all just really depends on Loki's role in this series. It seems like he will be in the hero role, though that is always something to be questioned when Loki is involved.

    Yeah, i think there will always be a question with him, though I will continue to hope for the best. Aaron has made hints that Loki will go bad again sometime in the future, but most of those were made before Young Avengers ended, I'd certainly hope that he would take a look at how the character developed since then before going forward with that.

  7. #3442
    Member Supreme Morsoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Who cares what they think? CatLoki is precious! PRECIOUS!
    Oh I see! It's from a game!

  8. #3443
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    I had a thought...

    What if the iconic character returning is oldLoki?

  9. #3444
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    Oh I see! It's from a game!
    oh... I thought you knew that. Yeah, it's a mobile game where all the characters have been re-imagined as college students, and it is super-ultra cutsey and goofy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I had a thought...

    What if the iconic character returning is oldLoki?
    I actually had a thought that it might be Kid Loki. it' is an extreme longshot, and I know Gillen did not want this to happen, and I kinda agree with his logic as to why. But think about it. What is the one thing Loki feels the most guilt about? the one mistake he may go to almost any length to undo if he could? He would absolutely want to try and bring Kid Loki back if he could. I'd argue to him that it's probably better to try and move forward and make sure Kid Loki did not die for nothing, rather than dwell on the past, but... still.

  10. #3445
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    I guess I just don't consider kidLoki enough of an icon for that to actually work. Plus, I just don't see most writers wanting to actually use kidLoki at this point. He works much better dead. It's why I don't think Jean Grey will be brought back in the near future.

  11. #3446
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    184

    Default

    On the subject of a rogue's gallery, I agree that I would love to see him encounter Mephisto again. There's so much history with the character from JIM (and even when he showed up in AoA) and it could be hilarious if he thought it was all another con of some sorts only for Loki to treat him rather like he did Rattotskr in the Cat-Thor issue of squirrel girl (while we're on the subject)

    I can't remember if I already wrote this here or somewhere else (and I'm being lazy), but I don't think Aaron can use him as the main villain of Legacy, or even keep his status ambiguous for that much longer, since they're going the route they are in Strange. At least, that's my take after that second Coates interview. I agree with Raye that it seemed like he might have let a bit more slip out of frustration as all the interviewers seemed to think Loki was the villain, but even so, the solicit for the issue at least references his attempts to be better, so I still think his current motivations would have to come to light circa November or December. Probably. At any rate, Legacy is being set up as such a big deal I can't see them making him the villain there and then trying to set him up as a possible face in Strange, would be horribly mixed messaging.

    As for what's in the box, or which character is coming back...I don't really know. The box may or may not contain the body of said character, or it may contain something completely different. It may contain a cat (which may be either dead or alive). The possibilities are endless. I'd vote body or artifact, but artifact leaves a lot of room (macguffins being able to do any number of things). I don't really think it's another version of Loki, since I feel like that may confuse the current character (in the minds of the readers) even more, imo. Or maybe it would go the opposite way, and people would be more willing to accept a "good" Loki with either an evil version running around or re-addressing JIM. Not sure if either of those characters counts as iconic enough, however, especially not with a version of him around. I mean, that's the main argument against it being Wolverine, and he's a lot more popular ( Regardless, I actually still think it's likely Wolvie or Jean Grey, but main the current versions of those characters have at least already been established as alts). I do feel like it is bound to make people unhappy, because I really can't think of anyone living up to the hype.

  12. #3447
    Astonishing Member Raye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I guess I just don't consider kidLoki enough of an icon for that to actually work. Plus, I just don't see most writers wanting to actually use kidLoki at this point. He works much better dead. It's why I don't think Jean Grey will be brought back in the near future.
    Oh, I know it's way out there, i don't honestly expect it to happen. but I do think it fits his motivations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    On the subject of a rogue's gallery, I agree that I would love to see him encounter Mephisto again. There's so much history with the character from JIM (and even when he showed up in AoA) and it could be hilarious if he thought it was all another con of some sorts only for Loki to treat him rather like he did Rattotskr in the Cat-Thor issue of squirrel girl (while we're on the subject)
    Really, the way things are falling into place, it looks as though Loki will have a better rogues gallery than many heroes. I mean, yeah we are just kinda guessing here, but it just seems to be flowing in that direction. Likely Malekith after the War of the Realms and Loki's inevitable betrayal, Mephisto, Nightmare, there is history there, and they go hand in hand with the Sorcerer Supreme title, and Green Goblin that one is the one with the least amount of evidence backing it up, all we really know is that Loki is possibly attacking him in Legacy, and then Osborn is standing outside the Sanctum Sanctorum. But again, the history is there, and it would work well. Sure, they are existing characters borrowed from other franchises, it's just as hard to create a new villain with staying power as it is to create a bran new hero, so that's kind of inevitable, but they are big names and make sense for him.

    I can't remember if I already wrote this here or somewhere else (and I'm being lazy), but I don't think Aaron can use him as the main villain of Legacy, or even keep his status ambiguous for that much longer, since they're going the route they are in Strange. At least, that's my take after that second Coates interview. I agree with Raye that it seemed like he might have let a bit more slip out of frustration as all the interviewers seemed to think Loki was the villain, but even so, the solicit for the issue at least references his attempts to be better, so I still think his current motivations would have to come to light circa November or December. Probably. At any rate, Legacy is being set up as such a big deal I can't see them making him the villain there and then trying to set him up as a possible face in Strange, would be horribly mixed messaging.
    Yeah, it would be very strange to make him the villain of Legacy then turn around and make him the Sorcerer Supreme, especially after how Cates described him. But we may not have to wait until November, Legacy itself is only a couple weeks away.

    As for what's in the box, or which character is coming back...I don't really know. The box may or may not contain the body of said character, or it may contain something completely different. It may contain a cat (which may be either dead or alive). The possibilities are endless. I'd vote body or artifact, but artifact leaves a lot of room (macguffins being able to do any number of things). I don't really think it's another version of Loki, since I feel like that may confuse the current character (in the minds of the readers) even more, imo. Or maybe it would go the opposite way, and people would be more willing to accept a "good" Loki with either an evil version running around or re-addressing JIM. Not sure if either of those characters counts as iconic enough, however, especially not with a version of him around. I mean, that's the main argument against it being Wolverine, and he's a lot more popular ( Regardless, I actually still think it's likely Wolvie or Jean Grey, but main the current versions of those characters have at least already been established as alts). I do feel like it is bound to make people unhappy, because I really can't think of anyone living up to the hype.
    It dawned on me in another thread that it may also be that mystery sword from that variant cover, you know the one with the bird head? though the box isn't really sword shaped.

    And yeah, I do think having multiples of him would dilute the character, and we already did that in Agent of Asgard, kinda. And yes, a lot of people are going to be disappointed, especially if they were counting on it being the return of their favorite.

    anyway, they posted a detail of Cat Loki:


  13. #3448
    Fantastic Member kaimaciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Oh, I know it's way out there, i don't honestly expect it to happen. but I do think it fits his motivations.



    Really, the way things are falling into place, it looks as though Loki will have a better rogues gallery than many heroes. I mean, yeah we are just kinda guessing here, but it just seems to be flowing in that direction. Likely Malekith after the War of the Realms and Loki's inevitable betrayal, Mephisto, Nightmare, there is history there, and they go hand in hand with the Sorcerer Supreme title, and Green Goblin that one is the one with the least amount of evidence backing it up, all we really know is that Loki is possibly attacking him in Legacy, and then Osborn is standing outside the Sanctum Sanctorum. But again, the history is there, and it would work well. Sure, they are existing characters borrowed from other franchises, it's just as hard to create a new villain with staying power as it is to create a bran new hero, so that's kind of inevitable, but they are big names and make sense for him.



    Yeah, it would be very strange to make him the villain of Legacy then turn around and make him the Sorcerer Supreme, especially after how Cates described him. But we may not have to wait until November, Legacy itself is only a couple weeks away.



    It dawned on me in another thread that it may also be that mystery sword from that variant cover, you know the one with the bird head? though the box isn't really sword shaped.

    And yeah, I do think having multiples of him would dilute the character, and we already did that in Agent of Asgard, kinda. And yes, a lot of people are going to be disappointed, especially if they were counting on it being the return of their favorite.

    anyway, they posted a detail of Cat Loki:

    Oh God! My eyes! MY EYES! They burn!

    Kidding. But now, seriously, I've been begging for a Kid Loki outfit or character and we get the humanoid Cat that showed up like 3 times? Lame.

  14. #3449
    Fantastic Member kaimaciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    442

    Default

    This is a very interesting interview with Tom Hiddleston about Loki's changes in the next film: http://collider.com/tom-hiddleston-t...interview#loki

    I found this particularly interesting:

    "Has Loki changed at all?

    HIDDLESTON: Yes, but that’s in his nature. He’s a mercurial spirit, and the minute you try to define him, he changes shape. Events in Ragnarok do try and inspire him to change forever… The Goddess of Death shows up, and the stakes are high for everybody, so Loki, perhaps more than ever, is challenged to define himself in the face of that threat.

    How does Loki view Thor this time around?

    HIDDLESTON: I’ve said this about Loki before, but the opposite of love isn’t hate but indifference. The idea that Thor might be indifferent to Loki is troubling for him, because the defining feature of his character is ‘I don’t belong in the family; my brother doesn’t love me; I hate my brother.’ And the idea that his brother’s like, ‘Yeah, whatever’ is an interesting development. But what I loved about Ragnarok when I first read it, the two of them are placed in such an extraordinary situation where everything is unfamiliar, that they’re familiarity as family members becomes important."

  15. #3450
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    This is a very interesting interview with Tom Hiddleston about Loki's changes in the next film: http://collider.com/tom-hiddleston-t...interview#loki

    I found this particularly interesting:

    "Has Loki changed at all?

    HIDDLESTON: Yes, but that’s in his nature. He’s a mercurial spirit, and the minute you try to define him, he changes shape. Events in Ragnarok do try and inspire him to change forever… The Goddess of Death shows up, and the stakes are high for everybody, so Loki, perhaps more than ever, is challenged to define himself in the face of that threat.

    How does Loki view Thor this time around?

    HIDDLESTON: I’ve said this about Loki before, but the opposite of love isn’t hate but indifference. The idea that Thor might be indifferent to Loki is troubling for him, because the defining feature of his character is ‘I don’t belong in the family; my brother doesn’t love me; I hate my brother.’ And the idea that his brother’s like, ‘Yeah, whatever’ is an interesting development. But what I loved about Ragnarok when I first read it, the two of them are placed in such an extraordinary situation where everything is unfamiliar, that they’re familiarity as family members becomes important."
    Someone's been reading his comics! Or at least the wiki and forums. We're a hotbed of knowledge!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •