Super Moderator

Default Greg Pak Takes Superman's Cast Beyond "Doomed"

As Doomsday infects the Man of Steel, "Action Comics" writer Greg Pak explores how Lana, Lois, Steel and Krypto will feel the effects of Superman's battle.

Full article here.

Greg Pak is a great writer. Glad to see him exploring the supporting cast. Superman does have an iconic supporting cast. be interesting to see what he does with Steel, a long time favorite of mine.

Greg Pak your work on Action has been phenomenal. No one seems able to get to Clark's actual soul like you do -- his response to Braka was beautiful. And then in Action #31 you literally broke my heart with the Superman/Krypto scene. So cool that when his world began to get chaotic he sought out some quiet time with his dog. Kuder's beautifully captured scene of him resting with Krypto curled up next to him was nothing I had seen in my decades of reading Superman. So human and so spiritual. Thank you so much for that. Please stay with Action a long time and keep injecting it with your perceptive humanity!

Pak has been phenomenal on Action.

Pak is great with Superman, I feel like he really understands the character.

Did we always refer to the supporting characters in comic books as the "cast". It just struck me as an odd choice of words. Doesn't cast refer to the performers in a play or film? Maybe it's just me but I always thought in a narrative these were supporting characters since there are no performers. You can cast the roles in a movie , but how would you do that in a comic book? Oh well no biggy, just curious.

The (rebooted) Savior Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Did we always refer to the supporting characters in comic books as the "cast". It just struck me as an odd choice of words. Doesn't cast refer to the performers in a play or film? Maybe it's just me but I always thought in a narrative these were supporting characters since there are no performers. You can cast the roles in a movie , but how would you do that in a comic book? Oh well no biggy, just curious.
    "Supporting characters" - "supporting cast" is the same thing.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

In Pak we trust