Page 167 of 172 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2572

I have to say this sounds really interesting. Doesn't sound realistic since we've seen too many times... Daredevil especially included... where imposters can easily wear a costume and pretend to be a hero. So frankly it doesn't feel feasible to let them testify, though I know they actually have in the past.

I remember a trial where Matt Murdock had to sue Daredevil and he got Spidey to take the stand for him. Of course, this was all before the Superhuman registration act... Is that still a thing? If SHIELD can vouch for the identity without revealing it, than it should be good enough.

Out of curiosity... what ever happened to Sister Maggie? Have we seen much of her in recent decades? I think the last time I remember her playing a part in a big storyline was all the way back in Guardian Devil, the beginning of Vol 2...

She still around?

Astonishing Member

New issue was really good. So good to have Garney back - or anyone who wasn't the artist on the Supreme arc, for that matter. This definitely is a nice change of pace arc. After all the courtroom drama of Supreme, well done as it was, it's good to have a chance of scenery and some real action.

Also in DD news, I see that Jordan D. White is going to be the book's new editor starting next issue. As I love everything I read that comes out of White's office, I see this as very cool news. Looking forward to seeing how the book develops under his watch.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I have to say this sounds really interesting. Doesn't sound realistic since we've seen too many times... Daredevil especially included... where imposters can easily wear a costume and pretend to be a hero. So frankly it doesn't feel feasible to let them testify, though I know they actually have in the past.
    The trial court's ruling was that the prosecution has the burden of establishing the hero is in fact the hero before allowing him to testify. It's possible that'll be the legal standard. Alternatively, it could just be that the jury could consider the strength of the testimony based on how likely the person testifying is a well-known hero. Issue #25 said the Supreme Court ruling is superhero testimony is admissible in some circumstances and, in Issue #26, Matt acknowledged that the exact details are still unclear.

Out of curiosity... what ever happened to Sister Maggie? Have we seen much of her in recent decades? I think the last time I remember her playing a part in a big storyline was all the way back in Guardian Devil, the beginning of Vol 2...

She still around?
    She was in the Daredevil Original Sin tie-in. Daredevil Vol. 4 #6 and 7. I really like issue 7.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Also in DD news, I see that Jordan D. White is going to be the book's new editor starting next issue. As I love everything I read that comes out of White's office, I see this as very cool news. Looking forward to seeing how the book develops under his watch.
    Oh wow! I hadn't heard that. And I agree.. he's done amazing work in tandem with Gerry Duggan on Deadpool. This is exciting news.
    Ideas never die.
    DeadpoolX-MenIronManDaredevilTMNT

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

She still around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    She was in the Daredevil Original Sin tie-in. Daredevil Vol. 4 #6 and 7. I really like issue 7.
    Yes, I'm a fan of those 2 issues, especially #7 also. A heart warmer. One of the highlights of Waid's run and possibly the best part of Vol. 4. I liked what they did with Matt's Dad.

I'm gonna say it, the black costume was better, except for the DD on the chest, that costume with the traditional logo would be awesome. Maybe that uniform with the colors inverted? All red with the boots and gloves black?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm gonna say it, the black costume was better, except for the DD on the chest, that costume with the traditional logo would be awesome. Maybe that uniform with the colors inverted? All red with the boots and gloves black?
    The black suit from this run was good, sure, but no thanks. Classic red all day!

Black suit reminds me way too much of Shadowland. The darkest blot on Matt's history and for the life of me I can't even imagine a reason that he would ever want to go back to anything that reminds him and/or people of New York that THAT ever happened....

All red is obviously the classic. But I think if Garney is drawing, I prefer the black. I love both.
    Ideas never die.

Black suit reminds me way too much of Shadowland. The darkest blot on Matt's history and for the life of me I can't even imagine a reason that he would ever want to go back to anything that reminds him and/or people of New York that THAT ever happened....

Shadowland suit waqs horrible. Now imagine the latest black suit with the colors inverted, all red with the boots, gloves and belt black, and the traditional DD. It would be really cool, I think.

Shadowland suit waqs horrible. Now imagine the latest black suit with the colors inverted, all red with the boots, gloves and belt black, and the traditional DD. It would be really cool, I think.
    I see it and I love it.
    Ideas never die.

It could work. It'd probably look pretty cool, but I'm just not sure if I would like it better than the traditional all red. One of my big dislikes it the hand wrappings. That style either just lets out fingerprints... or it's gloves on top of gloves and feels redundant. Boots are similar unnecessarily 'busy' just to be busy. Color swapping the classic boots and gloves to a black color to give it more contrast while keeping the majority of it Red would be visually stimulating, but never really liked the new black suit elements.

Mighty Member

I, in the least, am definitely missing the mostly-black suit.

Spectacular Member Doctor-Comics's Avatar
    "The history of comics is not a long one, and it's not unknowable."--Neil Gaiman