Page 117 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2827
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Black-and-white art from “Defenders” #1 variant cover by Neal Adams:

Inked “Defenders” #2 cover by David Marquez:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    nice cover. i kinda hate to see the black costume go. it really grew on me.
    I'm hoping it doesn't, to be honest, and that this is just a form of symbolism. I guess we'll know come the cover for issue #21. It's really visually cool and striking.

Besides, he still seems to be wearing the mostly black costume if we go by the Secret Empire cover there.

I'm actually surprised the black suit has lasted as long as it has, given a variant of the red suit was eventually brought into the Netflix show.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a comic that arrived in the mail today:

What's special about this comic? For most people, absolutely nothing! However, with this comic, I now own every comic of the first volume of Daredevil (in some format - TPB or floppy). I don't know if that's all that special, but it feels like a lot of hard work has paid off.

Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Congratulations, on both finishing your collection and having such an extensive and impressive one as well .

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

What's special about this comic? For most people, absolutely nothing! However, with this comic, I now own every comic of the first volume of Daredevil (in some format - TPB or floppy). I don't know if that's all that special, but it feels like a lot of hard work has paid off.

Congrats! It's always very gratifying when you complete a set like this. Very cool!
    “I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.”---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Now full disclosure: I was all set to say I had every issue until I realized Playing to the Camera isn't collected in trade, so I'm still missing some issues for Volume 2.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Got around to reading Bullseye #2. This issue was a treat if you're a Nocenti fan:

spoilers:
    The FBI Agent hired Bullet and Shotgun to help track down Bullseye. Bullet is interesting. I wonder if he lost custody of his kid, his kid grew up, or his kid is just still in the bomb shelter ignorant his dad is far, far away. Still, adding them adds an interesting layer to the story
    end of spoilers

I speculated before this story started that one way to get people to root for Bullseye is to make the other person far, far worse. And they certainly came pretty close. On the other hand, Bullseye isn't easy to root for either. Overall, this issue had less whimsy than the last one, so I didn't like it as much, but it's still a fun ride.

Way to go, dude!

Congratulations fellow Daredevil follower. I also have every issue from Vol.1-4, as mentioned some time ago, bar #344 and #354 from Vol. 1. I'm also missing #111 but I'll be ordering the upcoming Marvel Masterworks Daredevil Vol. 11 HC which has it.

Btw, that particular issue you scanned is a real stinker - from the awful Alan Smithee (Chichester) run 😭

Got around to reading Bullseye #2. This issue was a treat if you're a Nocenti fan:

spoilers:
    The FBI Agent hired Bullet and Shotgun to help track down Bullseye. Bullet is interesting. I wonder if he lost custody of his kid, his kid grew up, or his kid is just still in the bomb shelter ignorant his dad is far, far away. Still, adding them adds an interesting layer to the story
    end of spoilers

I speculated before this story started that one way to get people to root for Bullseye is to make the other person far, far worse. And they certainly came pretty close. On the other hand, Bullseye isn't easy to root for either. Overall, this issue had less whimsy than the last one, so I didn't like it as much, but it's still a fun ride.
    Bullseye for me is worse than scum, and I hate it when they try and make a "good" guy out of a bad guy. I love it everytime when Daredevil beats him and he makes it look like second nature.

I'm not a big fan of Nocenti's run but there are some redeemable factors such as JRJR'S art and Al Williamson's inks. spoilers:
    I also quite liked Bullet but disliked Shotgun. I agree, it would be interesting to see what happened to Bullet's son
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Congratulations fellow Daredevil follower. I also have every issue from Vol.1-4, as mentioned some time ago, bar #344 and #354 from Vol. 1. I'm also missing #111 but I'll be ordering the upcoming Marvel Masterworks Daredevil Vol. 11 HC which has it.

Btw, that particular issue you scanned is a real stinker - from the awful Alan Smithee (Chichester) run ��
    Yeah, there's a reason it's the last I bought and it's not that I was saving the best for last (although it was oddly hard to find for a little while).

This week was a solid continuation of last month. It's a bit briskly paced, but exciting throughout.

BANNED

I'm still a fan of the original Daredevil comic mostly its story arcs in the 1990s like Fall from Grace and Over the Edge.

Just recently though I did buy the new trade collections of Soule' s newer Daredevil. I so far have volumes 1 and 2 of Soule' s Daredevil.

The Running with the Devil volume 4 is coming soon this August I think?