Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Man of Steel" Sequel Has a Title: "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice"

The 2016 Batman-Superman film -- and "Justice League" prelude? -- now has an official title, with shooting starting today in Detroit.

Full article here.

So much for this being essentially a Superman sequel, Batman gets top-billing, lol. And a versus is actually in the official title. Major fail. Dawn of Justice is good, too bad the rest of the title sucks though.

Worst title ever. Sounds like a really bad CNN headline.

u mean VS right???
    the article only says "V"
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I know, I thought it was Batman 5: Superman Dawn of Justice and I was trying to figure out when I missed Batman 4

This is not Man of Steel sequel. It's Justice League (Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    u mean VS right???
    the article only says "V"
    Well, "V." is internationally (English) used to mean "Vs." and is used as such in American law too...maybe it's a courtroom battle
    Last edited by Jonah Weiland; 05-21-2014 at 11:58 AM.

V is for vendetta (I couldn't help it)

What - no period at the end of "V??" Where has all the grammar gone?!? I will NOT see a movie that takes such egregious liberties with the English language!!! Harumph!!

Maybe the V means they're tossing in the Visitors from V along with Wonder Woman and Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And a versus is actually in the official title
    Yeah, why couldn't they just have called it 'World's Finest: Dawn of Justice', or 'Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice'. This is just long, wordy, and looks a tad messy. I'm still hopeful though!
    Started a blog a couple months back about life, film, and comic books (or whatever's rattling around in my mind at the time). http://emrysmoungabio.wordpress.com/!

Genesis of A Nemesis Spear of Bashenga's Avatar

Why are they using V. instead of Vs.

Is Bruce suing Clark?

They should have just used World's Finest.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So much for this being essentially a Superman sequel, Batman gets top-billing, lol. And a versus is actually in the official title. Major fail. Dawn of Justice is good, too bad the rest of the title sucks though.
    EXACTLY my first thoughts.

I have been saying for months and months that "Batman vs Superman" is a godawful title, which is why I have been calling the movie Man of Steel 2 until now. BvS just makes it sound like some cheap ass monstermovie or some horror crossover ala Freddy vs Jason or something. Its so bad, bad, bad.

I love the "Dawn of Justice" subtitle, it feels certainly right for this film but this is now not even an actual Man of Steel sequel anymore. I thought this would be MoS 2 with Batman as the most major guest star and a prelude for Justice League but now its actually pretty much as different from MoS as Captain America was from Iron Man. Same universe, still a follow up but not really a sequel per se. Of course the title doesnt mean that the movie will be bad, in fact I love what I have seen from it so far but this is just a major disappointment. It should have been Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice. But I guess WB wants to lure as many people as possible into theaters with the Batman vs Superman promise right in the title. Businesswise a clever decision. Because lets face it - Batman and Superman in the title will always attract more people then Man of Steel.

I still dont like it

Are they even trying anymore? V? Really? roman numeral V for 5? Or do they mean versus? Which is abbreviated as VS? Wait maybe it's a score card. Batman V and Superman : Dawn of Justice, which is like the best score or worst. I'm sure the movie will straighten it all out. The sequel to this will be Justice X League: To Save, a World.

I understand it's a working title. IF this is any indication of the writers working on the script it's going to be bad. DC still trying to play catch up. I'll go watch the new GotG trailer an listen to a talking raccoon while DC still tries to figure how to sell Batman and Superman to people who don't care.
    Last edited by JoeComics; 05-21-2014 at 12:19 PM.

This big screen courtroom drama is just the dawn of Bruce Batman, Attorney at Law, bringing negligent metahumans up to be tried and brought to justice via the legal system.