View Poll Results: ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

    17 40.48%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

    11 26.19%
  • Meh. Not bad, but I didn't love it.

    9 21.43%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story.

    2 4.76%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

    3 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Senior Member Exciter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petotto Parkavius View Post
    Really enjoying this book so far, especially the fact that Victor is involved. The only thing I find consistently annoying is the presence of Sue Storm. She is just the worst. I just want somebody, anybody, to say something like 'Oh shut up Sue, nobody cares what you think.' Am I alone in this? She's just obnoxious.
    Didn't Dr. Doom tell them to shut up multiple times?

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avengerforlife View Post
    Nope. There is only one worst person in the world.

    Haha that's true, Brita really is the worst. Sue is second worst, followed by Jean Grey.

  3. #18

    Default

    This is really great - I like the dialogue, and I love that the writer clearly has a really good handle on the history of all the Fantastic Four characters in this universe. Plus he's apparently retconning Doom's terribly-written part in Ultimatum in exactly the way I always thought it ought to be done, which wins him points in my book.

    On the other hand, the art is definitely not working for me (though I did think it got a bit better towards the end of this issue, admittedly). Some of the panels look good individually, but the inconsistent faces really spoil it IMO, so I'm glad to hear there's apparently an artist change coming up.

  4. #19
    Junior Member Fizicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I'm so glad Fialkov went the route of retconning the Doom in Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum to be an impostor, just like how I thought it should be.

    Anyway, apparently Sue is not aware of Ben killing the fake Doom in Ultimatum. Imagine what would happen when she finally finds out from Namor, and how that would affect her relationship with Ben? Oh and wait till we find out who the impostor was!

    I'm loving this!

  5. #20
    Senior Member UltimateTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petotto Parkavius View Post
    Really enjoying this book so far, especially the fact that Victor is involved. The only thing I find consistently annoying is the presence of Sue Storm. She is just the worst. I just want somebody, anybody, to say something like 'Oh shut up Sue, nobody cares what you think.' Am I alone in this? She's just obnoxious.
    You aren't alone dude (or dudette)

    I really dug this issue and I really liked the art. Doom was awesome in this issue.

    The only thing that bothers me is Susan being the leader of the team, wasn't she a teenager when Tony was already an established middle aged hero?

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    YThe only thing that bothers me is Susan being the leader of the team, wasn't she a teenager when Tony was already an established middle aged hero?
    I always assumed that Ben, Sue and Reed were in their early 20's when the teleportation accident happened, and that Tony was in his early 30's when Fury recruited him.
    Taking that into account , and assuming 5 years happened since, Tony could be 35 and Sue 27. I think that works.


    Though In Ultimates Disassembled, Reed stated he was 5 years younger than Tony, so, yeah, age in comics never makes sense.

  7. #22
    Senior Member Rok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Great story!
    The art is bad but not as bad as #1. The backgrounds are good but too many of the faces are just weird. I am really looking forward to #3. How will Sue react to Ben killing "fake doom"? What has Namor done to the other world? is it all just a GIANT misunderstanding?

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chet Manley View Post
    I always assumed that Ben, Sue and Reed were in their early 20's when the teleportation accident happened, and that Tony was in his early 30's when Fury recruited him.
    Taking that into account , and assuming 5 years happened since, Tony could be 35 and Sue 27. I think that works.


    Though In Ultimates Disassembled, Reed stated he was 5 years younger than Tony, so, yeah, age in comics never makes sense.
    She was ~20 at the beginning and 22 by the end of the original UFF run. Then Bendis (naturally) mentioned her age as 18 in the Doomsday Trilogy. How long has it been since DoSM now... 2 years? So she's 24-25 at the oldest, and 20 at the youngest (the former making so much more sense).

    Reed was 21 at the time of the accident, but became 19 later on, and then 18 (both mistakes by... BENDIS!). Ben is the same age as Reed, and Johnny is a couple years younger.

  9. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
    Really like the story but I think the art has regressed from the first issue. And as someone who has never read an Ultimate tile before the relaunch I'm really curious as to what is going on!
    I'm not liking the art at all.

  10. #25
    Real Hero Scorpio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Here's a taste of Andre Lima Araujo. From Avengers A.I The new artist for UFF.



    Looks great!
    "I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!" My Blog!

  11. #26
    Junior Member timedesk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Issue sounds interesting. It's great to see a writer recognize the history of the UU. I do have one question for anyone who might know. Is Ben/The Thing, and his possible marriage to Sue mentioned at all? I thought that relationship was one of the more interesting UU changes, and Ben was a great character in the original FF run. I look forward to the art shift as the art is the only thing that is keeping me from buying these issues and not waiting for the TPB.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Cloudman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timedesk View Post
    Issue sounds interesting. It's great to see a writer recognize the history of the UU. I do have one question for anyone who might know. Is Ben/The Thing, and his possible marriage to Sue mentioned at all? I thought that relationship was one of the more interesting UU changes, and Ben was a great character in the original FF run. I look forward to the art shift as the art is the only thing that is keeping me from buying these issues and not waiting for the TPB.
    Ben is only alluded to once in the issue, with Namor mentioning that he saw Ben murder Doom (which happened at the end of Ultimatum). Sue and Ben's relationship isn't really mentioned, but hopefully Fialkov will clarify what's going on soon.

  13. #28
    Junior Member timedesk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Ben is only alluded to once in the issue, with Namor mentioning that he saw Ben murder Doom (which happened at the end of Ultimatum). Sue and Ben's relationship isn't really mentioned, but hopefully Fialkov will clarify what's going on soon.
    Thanks for the info. I will have to check this book out soon.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timedesk View Post
    Issue sounds interesting. It's great to see a writer recognize the history of the UU. I do have one question for anyone who might know. Is Ben/The Thing, and his possible marriage to Sue mentioned at all? I thought that relationship was one of the more interesting UU changes, and Ben was a great character in the original FF run.
    The 'next time' tagline at the end of the issue refers to "more people who think they're Sue's boyfriend" (there's a running gag this issue about everyone thinking Namor is) so I'm wondering if that refers to Ben and/or Reed popping up. It looks like Fialkov has a really good handle on everything that's been happening to these characters, so I'd assume he's going to address this stuff at some point. It does seem like he's setting up a confrontation between Ben and Sue about Ben killing 'Doom' - it's clear from when Namor starts to explain what he witnessed that Sue doesn't know anything about it, though Namor's interrupted before he can tell the whole story. I'm guessing they might be heading for some rocks in the road over Sue not being able to handle another boyfriend turning out to have a murderous side.

  15. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Another good issue so good to see Doom again, I liked the setup of Sue finding out Ben killed imposter doom, and super powered atlanteans.


    Quote Originally Posted by nomadicwriter View Post
    I'm guessing they might be heading for some rocks in the road over Sue not being able to handle another boyfriend turning out to have a murderous side.
    Well in Ben's defense it was probably a good thing that he killed that imposter doom gods know how much damage he could have done if left unchecked. Ben killed one guy,Reed mass murdered millions of people and Sue has tried to kill Reed a few times so it I think she will find a way to forgive Ben. That being said I still want to see Doom and Ben's first meeting might be a little awkward.Also I can see that wet weasel Namor trying to use that to his advantage to try and bed Sue again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •