Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123
Results 1,831 to 1,843 of 1843

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Well i'm all caught up on XO and Unity, both are exceptional. I just read Imperium #3 and this may be my favorite thing i'm reading from Valiant atm. Picked up the first two Ivar's and it's a pretty cool book thus far, very light hearted and fun through the first two. Bloodshot:Reborn #1 was decent, i'm sure it's gonna be well worth reading as it continues to get going. Overall, i'm pretty thrilled that I decided to jump on this line, every book is just so well done and pretty much all of the art is sensational.
    That's so great to read! Considering the news from yesterday about the movie deal it's a great time to be a Valiant fan, and makes hearing from new readers that much more sweet!

Hope you'll continue to explore the other titles. Archer & Armstrong should prove interesting now that you have dipped your toe into Timewalker, and Divinity is proving all sorts of interesting!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Mar. 3, 2015 - My next blog post is up at www.rollandgroove.com. The Valiant Universe - Part One

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    That's so great to read! Considering the news from yesterday about the movie deal it's a great time to be a Valiant fan, and makes hearing from new readers that much more sweet!

Hope you'll continue to explore the other titles. Archer & Armstrong should prove interesting now that you have dipped your toe into Timewalker, and Divinity is proving all sorts of interesting!
    I'm not sure about Divinity yet but A&A has peaked my interest for sure. I will definitely be giving it a shot. I also read Ninjak when it came out and it's now been added to my pull.

Maybe I'm late to this (haven't been around for a while) but I saw that Valiant is soliciting some sort of "rare" retailer incentive Book of Death: Geomancer tie-in that you need to "ask your local retailer how to order". I noticed it's not on the Diamond consumer order form. I wonder how this will work. Certainly an interesting "stunt"...

http://www.newsarama.com/24222-valia...citations.html

I'm not sure about Divinity yet but A&A has peaked my interest for sure. I will definitely be giving it a shot. I also read Ninjak when it came out and it's now been added to my pull.
    Good deal! Archer & Armstrong was my favorite Valiant title for much of it's run thanks to the quality writing of Fred Van Lente, and it was a wish come true when it was announced he'd be writing Ivar.

Mar. 3, 2015 - My next blog post is up at www.rollandgroove.com. The Valiant Universe - Part One

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Maybe I'm late to this (haven't been around for a while) but I saw that Valiant is soliciting some sort of "rare" retailer incentive Book of Death: Geomancer tie-in that you need to "ask your local retailer how to order". I noticed it's not on the Diamond consumer order form. I wonder how this will work. Certainly an interesting "stunt"...

http://www.newsarama.com/24222-valia...citations.html
    I'm copying BugsySig's post on how the deal works from the thread on this very topic:

The first issue is 1:25 to Book of Death orders. If a retailer orders 25 copies,mthey get them at an 80% discount and the books are fully refundable. So technically a shop could order 25 books, return all 25 and sell the LotG issue for a buck and still make a profit. Issues 2-4 will be 1:10 to Book of Death.

So overall it seems much more attainable, and only the biggest of assholes will mark them up ridiculously. I'm still pissed it won't be available digitally, though. At least that's what it said in the July solicits.

Veteran Member

Lol If Divinity sticks around I am sure Harada will swing by.

Newbie Member

It’s difficult to compare all of the new series, but based on what I’ve read so far, I’ll rate them as follows:

Imperium: Rather amazing series and maybe even a bit better than Harbinger.

Bloodshot Reborn: The art is out of this world, and the story seems very intriguing. I’ve never been a huge fan of Bloodshot, but the first arc looks good.

The Valiant: The first issue was probably the best single issue from Valiant ever, and the art stayed superb all the way through. The Immortal Enemy is a magnificent adversary, but the story lost steam and, as others have said, in the end it is hard to see the mini as anything but a lead in to Bloodshot.

Ninjak: Difficult to judge, but the first issue was good and the second just above average. The art is very good, though.

Divinity: Entertaining and with amazing art, but I cannot see how the character can stay a part of the VU after this mini, and I have a hard time caring about what happens to him.

Timewalker: The only series that I’ve stopped reading. I might jump on later in case there’s a comixology sale, but the story just didn’t grab me, and it felt like A&A light all the way.

I'm copying BugsySig's post on how the deal works from the thread on this very topic:
    Interesting. Thank you!

Newbie Member

I'd like to say thanks to a few people who recommended Valiant on a thread I started a few weeks back on stuff to try while I took a break from DC during Convergence. Since then I've read the whole of The Valiant, and have read all issues so far of Ninjak, Bloodshot Reborn, Divinity and my personal favourite so far, Imperium, which I think is one of the best books on the market at the minute. I guess you could say I'm a convert! I'm thinking of going back and reading all of Harbinger to get the start of the Harada story although annoyingly the price of copies on eBay seems to have shot up since the film announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    I'd like to say thanks to a few people who recommended Valiant on a thread I started a few weeks back on stuff to try while I took a break from DC during Convergence. Since then I've read the whole of The Valiant, and have read all issues so far of Ninjak, Bloodshot Reborn, Divinity and my personal favourite so far, Imperium, which I think is one of the best books on the market at the minute. I guess you could say I'm a convert! I'm thinking of going back and reading all of Harbinger to get the start of the Harada story although annoyingly the price of copies on eBay seems to have shot up since the film announcement.
    That's great! I love Harbinger, and if single issues are a pain there's always the TPBs or the HCs (which are fantastically put together btw).

I also highly recommend Archer & Armstrong and FVLs follow up Ivar, Timewalker. Great, fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    It's awesome to hear that you're enjoying Valiant. I agree with BugsySig and also recommend Archer and Armstrong. It's such a fun book with very solid artwork.

When you start Harbinger and get to the first crossover you would probably want to check out the tie-ins. Everything is self contained but the stories are still worth reading up on.

Good deal! Archer & Armstrong was my favorite Valiant title for much of it's run thanks to the quality writing of Fred Van Lente, and it was a wish come true when it was announced he'd be writing Ivar.
    I've heard so much good stuff about A&A. My original plan was to read it before starting Ivar, and to read Harbinger before starting Imperium but the buzz for the new books was so strong that I got antsy. I have a buddy that has Harbinger in trade but he hasn't had the opportunity to get them to me yet. I thought about reading EW also as I love the character. Did that series have a proper ending or did it just go on hiatus and never come back?

I've heard so much good stuff about A&A. My original plan was to read it before starting Ivar, and to read Harbinger before starting Imperium but the buzz for the new books was so strong that I got antsy. I have a buddy that has Harbinger in trade but he hasn't had the opportunity to get them to me yet. I thought about reading EW also as I love the character. Did that series have a proper ending or did it just go on hiatus and never come back?
    Reading A&A and Harbinger first would probably be helpful for proper background on Ivar and Harada respectively, but not mandatory to enjoy the stories. Both are definitely worth reading though. I'd say they were the best and most consistent books over the first two years of the launch.

EW so far has had three arcs (two from the self titled series from Greg Pak and one from Days of Steel by Peter Milligan). Basically each take place in an isolated time period. So there's no beginning or end per say. Honestly, unless you want to be confused and a little aggravated, I'd skip the first arc of Pak's series. I thought the second arc, Eternal Emperor, was very good, and Days of Steel was very solid as well with great art.