Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Is this an online thing? As far as I can recall, their print comics have always been $3.99. But if you get the Valiant bundle from DCBS (as I do) then you get them for 50% off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    Digitals have been $3.99 since X-O #1...
    I swear the digitals on comixology were $2.99 up until this Armor Hunters event, every Valiant title is $3.99 now. I might have shit memory but I really started to feel the cost and I think it's insane. I had to quit the Ultimate line (post-Galactus) after just one issue because their prices are all at $3.99 . At least Valiant prices get discounted after a month or so. Marvel's new Ultimate line back issues have remained $3.99 with no sign of discounts.

I buy a lot Image titles for $2.99, so I know it's certainly possible for these publishers to price more conservatively. The only book worth $3.99 has been RAI simply because the artwork is head and shoulders above anything Valiant has put out. ETERNAL WARRIOR is by far the most overpriced book because not even the writing has been all that good. The art quality and especially the colors are a decade behind any book worth $4. In general I think that it would be best if Valiant lowered their prices to $2.99 for most of their titles except RAI. If they want keep them all at $4 a book then they need a serious update in their color department.

As for the writing for ETERNAL WARRIOR, they should look into hiring Antony Johnston (WASTELAND, UMBRAL, THE FUSE) to replace or editorial consult Greg Pak. No doubt Pak is a good writer but he's just not finding his groove on this title and it shows. The art is subpar too and it's no surprise considering the duty is up to one of the slowest and inconsistent artist in the business. Trevor Hairsine should be just limited to 3 pages (or cover) a month. He's just not cut out for monthly work. Obviously Valiant recognized it and changed the artist to Robert Gill, who has been excellent for ARMOR HUNTERS: HARBINGER.
    Last edited by cray_ws; 09-12-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Anyone interested in The Valiant mini-series should head over to Comixology! Free preview of the art and an interview with Kindt and Lemire is available to dl:

https://www.comixology.com/The-Valia...s-series/29636

Couple of interesting tidbits in there about Lemire's next work for Valiant!

A couple of fun articles from a Valiant fan site while we wait for the December solicitations:

http://valiantcentral.com/out-of-my-...ld-too-part-1/
    http://valiantcentral.com/out-of-my-...ld-too-part-2/

You should post these in the thread asking to compare Valiant to the Dark Horse universe.

Good call, will do so now!

We're getting a Faith one-shot!
    http://multiversitycomics.com/interv...ive-interview/

Here's December's solicitations:
    X-O Manowar 31
    Unity 13
    Rai 5
    Dr. Mirage 4
    Q2 3
    EW: Days of Steel 2
    The Valiant 1
    Quantum & Woody one-shot
    Faith 0
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Angel & Faith ~ Season 10
    Batman, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Ultimate Spider-Man
    Dark Horse's Project Black Sky
    Valiant Comics

I'm glad I found this thread. I don't find the crossover's convoluting anymore so now the only thing holding me back is waiting for HC releases. Can anyone tell me what's currently out now in HC and what's scheduled to come out soon?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread. I don't find the crossover's convoluting anymore so now the only thing holding me back is waiting for HC releases. Can anyone tell me what's currently out now in HC and what's scheduled to come out soon?
    Harbinger, X-O, Bloodshot, A&A, and Shadowman all have a Deluxe Edition. No word yet on anything new, although solicitations come out tomorrow, so...
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Angel & Faith ~ Season 10
    Batman, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Ultimate Spider-Man
    Dark Horse's Project Black Sky
    Valiant Comics

Cap' Jim we will miss you Power Torch's Avatar

Ok, so getting the Faith one-shot. I love her.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011