Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141
Results 2,101 to 2,113 of 2113

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I thought the city "misbehaves' with an improper bloodline on the throne? Didn't Arthur need to get seam special blessing from his mother?
    I...well the thing about that is...in an old Aquaman issue...yeah I got nothing. It's a plot hole.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    The last issue of Aquaman, Aquaman 25 was AWESOME. Love Arthur's beard and how he renamed himself Orin. The use of his powers is awesome and the art is incredible. A thrilling new beginning for Aquaman. AND Dolphin has finally appeared. Is she mute or something? Garth now has to decide because he and Omen were getting serious in the last Titans issue.
    For everyone asking about Dolphin talking, in PAD's run, whe she first appeared, her and Aquaman were captured, and Dolphin wouldn't speak during her capture. Eventually she finally revealed that she could indeed talk, though I'm not sure how they'll handle her post 52.

Loved the art, always wanted something like this for Aquaman. Goes so good with his mystical water world. I don't know why so many aqua writers stray away from Atlantis and deal with Aquaman on the surface, so it's cool to see someone finally embrace it.

Those waiting for Garth, don't hold your breath. I think I've just just about given up hope of waiting for the aquaboys to join his supporting cast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    For everyone asking about Dolphin talking, in PAD's run, whe she first appeared, her and Aquaman were captured, and Dolphin wouldn't speak during her capture. Eventually she finally revealed that she could indeed talk, though I'm not sure how they'll handle her post 52.

Loved the art, always wanted something like this for Aquaman. Goes so good with his mystical water world. I don't know why so many aqua writers stray away from Atlantis and deal with Aquaman on the surface, so it's cool to see someone finally embrace it.

Those waiting for Garth, don't hold your breath. I think I've just just about given up hope of waiting for the aquaboys to join his supporting cast.
    Yeah Garth has himself a beautiful psychic redhead. No need to come to the seas. However Orm is long overdue a return as Ocean Master. I was hoping to see him soon now that Tula has chosen to ally with Arthur and Mera and the three could maybe have gone in search for him, but that was shot down with this new and excellent arc. Orm was last seen with Mera's husband to be in a surface world house with a woman and child. Wonder where he is now.

The art by Stjepan Sejic is astounding. Completely gorgeous. There are some flaws in the art, some black outlines that weren't properly erased or blurred out but overall, Aquaman and his universe has never looked this good. Arthur and Mera look excellent.

BTW, while I agree that Aquaman should spend more time in Atlantis and the Seas, I really liked him on the surface prior to being king to how Geog Johns wrote him in the beginning of New 52. Everyone making fun of him and having those misconceptions but in reality being more powerful and cool than they expected. Felt like an underdog story and those I find compelling.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I...well the thing about that is...in an old Aquaman issue...yeah I got nothing. It's a plot hole.
    The story told at the end of Jeff Parker's run, was that the previous ruler had to pass away, and the monarch's essence, spirit became part of the land of Atlantis. If the person who took control of Atlantis wasn't an Atlantean, the kingdom would react with tremors. Arthur being half-Atlantean, it would cancel out the human half causing trouble. But due his mother, Atlanta, still being alive, the continent didn't recognize him and reacted. At the end of the Maelstrom arc his mother gave him a signet imbued with a portion of her essence, so there were wouldn't be any adverse reactions to his returning to the kingdom.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    The story told at the end of Jeff Parker's run, was that the previous ruler had to pass away, and the monarch's essence, spirit became part of the land of Atlantis. If the person who took control of Atlantis wasn't an Atlantean, the kingdom would react with tremors. Arthur being half-Atlantean, it would cancel out the human half causing trouble. But due his mother, Atlanta, still being alive, the continent didn't recognize him and reacted. At the end of the Maelstrom arc his mother gave him a signet imbued with a portion of her essence, so there were wouldn't be any adverse reactions to his returning to the kingdom.
    I think what the poster was referring to, going by that story is that Atlantis should be reacting similar now that Rath has usurped the throne. I guess as a way out it could be said it only applies to surface dwellers, but in reality, it probably just never occurred to Abnett.

I agree with the poster who said the magical items seemed to be pulled out of thin air, seeing as there's just been too many instances where Arthur could of used them. I've noticed that Aqua writers tend to jettison a lot of the work that others laid before which results in inconsistencies in Arthur's showings.

That being said, the art with this storyline could be a classic, and I'm eager for the next issue.

This was one of the best comics I've read in a long while. I'm sure the absolutely beautiful art helped. not the most original storyline but Abnett made it work so well. We've seen Arthur ousted before and replaced by a corrupt xenophobic monarch wanting to "make Atlantis great again". But for some reason this just feels fresh. Loved seeing Arthur take a page out of Batman's playbook. And oh how I love it when Mera comes to the rescue. She's such a badass.

I've never been a fan of the Aquabeard as I think it makes Arthur look too grizzled but Sejic makes it look fantastic. He's kept Aquaman's youthful appearance and really made the beard look cool. This issue has definitely made me pro-beard.

I think that Atlantis behave because Arthur has been deposed according to its laws. Sure, it was his opponent using and twisting his own words and actions against him. But it was explained earlier : the councillors used his "surrendering" before the U-S to oust him from the throne and elect Corum Rath. It is probable that it isn't the first time that a ruler from the House of Atlan was found unfit to rule, even if the dynastic change is probably a novelty, so I guess Atlantis doesn't see it as Rath usurping the throne. Or it could be that since Arthur is still alive, the city-state still acts as if he was in charge and so doesn't unleash seaquakes.

Concerning the beard, I'm not a fan of it either on Aquaman or most people IRL, but Sejic is doing an amazing works with the way he draw it, pointy and sharp.

Aquaman #25 was fantastic from start to finish. Man, what an issue! I just loved everything about it. Rebirth Aquaman was really good writing-wise, but art could be so much better. And now, Sejic stepped in and delivered one hell of an ART. His art is gorgeous and fits Aquaman so well. I really hope DC's keeping him happy and won't lose him.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Concerning the beard, I'm not a fan of it either on Aquaman or most people IRL, but Sejic is doing an amazing works with the way he draw it, pointy and sharp.
    I actually don't have a preference in the beard or no beard debate, as long as Aquaman makes quality appearance i'm a happy camper. I will say this though, that certain artists can't pull it off, if done correctly, he can look like a young regal king, if done wrong, he can look like a 50 year old bum.

I going to be seriously angry at Aquaman if he falls for Dolphin. Mera was grieving for weeks.

I actually always enjoyed Walker and Eaton's arc but I do agree that Sejic is the perfect artist for the setting this story has. It's dreamy and magical and his renditionsof Atlantis are great. But if he had been doing the stuff on land then I don't think it would've had the same feel.

Also, can't wait to see Mera demolish the League!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I actually always enjoyed Walker and Eaton's arc but I do agree that Sejic is the perfect artist for the setting this story has. It's dreamy and magical and his renditionsof Atlantis are great. But if he had been doing the stuff on land then I don't think it would've had the same feel.

Also, can't wait to see Mera demolish the League!
    Same!DC81fHMWAAEzOsX.jpg