Page 147 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2554

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Ludi Lin as Murk is not what I expected. I thought they would have went with a larger and more rugged looking actor.
    Ya that casting seems way off. He would seem like a better Garth. Murk supposed to be the grumpy uncle character lol.

I reckon this version of Murk will be the one who when Arthur is all like "hey let's give the surface dwellers a go" he'll get hurt and Arthur will feel super bad and Orm will use it to confirm his racism. My prediction.

Everyone excited for comic con this weekend!?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Ludi Lin as Murk is not what I expected. I thought they would have went with a larger and more rugged looking actor.
    You do know that's James Wan not Ludi Lin right?

I was actually wondering if Lin will play Murrk as a teen given that this movie will have flashbacks.

And yeah I too would have liked to see Lin play Garth.

@Silvermoth still he's not wrong. Hence my theory Lin will be playing Murk in flashback

If he's only playing a younger Murk, wouldn't they have also announced who's playing the older version?

AQUAMAN #29

Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art and cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
    Variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    “UNDERWORLD” part five! Desperate to penetrate the supernatural barrier surrounding Atlantis, Mera enlists the help of an ex-Atlantean magician: Garth, the Titan known as Tempest! But Aquaman’s former protégé has sworn off his mystical practices, and the magisters of the Silent School don’t take betrayal lightly. Meanwhile, as Arthur and Dolphin fight off both the armies of the Drift and Krush’s criminal empire, Vulko discovers that which the former will need to take back his throne…something forgotten!
    On sale OCTOBER 18 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Garth's finally making his return in Aquaman and with a nod to his magical roots! Heres hoping Mera has Tula helping as well. Can't wait!

Okay, good, FINALLY Garth is here...unfortunately, he's being written by the same person writing him in Titans...though he was written marginally better in the newest issue so I'll try to be optimistic.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Garth is finally back !

Probably too much to hope for Abnett's characterization of him to improve, but it's nice to have him back in Aquaman.

Now if we can only see him together with Tula or Dolphin...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Garth is finally back !

Probably too much to hope for Abnett's characterization of him to improve, but it's nice to have him back in Aquaman.

Now if we can only see him together with Tula or Dolphin...
    I think the important part is that we finally get Garth ... drawn by Stjepan.

He's going to be sexy as hell.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Okay, good, FINALLY Garth is here...unfortunately, he's being written by the same person writing him in Titans...though he was written marginally better in the newest issue so I'll try to be optimistic.
    Agreed. There at least seems to be a story playing out with his ties to the Silent School and hopefully there are positive additions that allow Abnett to utilize Garth better in Titans(though this might be too much to hope for). One saving grace is Abnett's Aquaman has been much better(imo) to his Titans run and theres also Sejic > Booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    . One saving grace is Abnett's Aquaman has been much better(imo) to his Titans run and theres also Sejic > Booth.
    Well this we all agree on. Aquaman has been amazing while Titans has ranged from good to worst book of the year. Classic Abnett really. He's always been super hit or miss thinking about it.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I think the important part is that we finally get Garth ... drawn by Stjepan.

He's going to be sexy as hell.
    That's true .

Finally Garth making return to Aquaman because know storywise doesn't make sense why he hasn't appear early considering member of Atlantean Army aka Drift or fact there new king of Atlantis or more important magics dome now surrounding Atlantis the place where he was born but hey never to late get back into story or we missing now is Orm.

I will say I'm glad Abnett actually remembered that Garth has Magics powers and that better be damm good reason why he sworn off using magic maybe that be reason why so nerfed powerwise in titans book.

As what Arthur needs to get back and win Throne its obviously the Trident but doesn't need that beat Rath in fight already far more stronger but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If he's only playing a younger Murk, wouldn't they have also announced who's playing the older version?
    Could be keeping it a secret. It is just a theory I admit