Page 140 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2450

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Welp, and I actually saw a few people interested because of the next generation being in it. Hopefully he wraps his run up soon.
    And I'm not even sure why people are interested in "The Next Generation." We've seen, "Children of Superhero team from the future come back to the past" before, and it doesn't end up going anywhere, and it doesn't accomplish anything but leaving people like me extra disappointed and pissed when those characters end up getting killed while children because DC doesn't know what they're doing and F**K Cry For Justice!

Well...that got unnecessarily personal. Just...can't see this storyline without thinking of that.

God bless Convergence: Titans
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Welp, Hitch over in JL is gonna be making another evil version of Arthur. That uh...that's great Hitch. You keep doing what you're doing. 99% of the people buying your book certainly aren't only doing so because it's Justice League.
    I'm disappointed he didn't have the hook hand .

T-T

So... beautiful ! And the story is really interesting also. I wonder if the others mutants will join Arthur or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    T-T

So... beautiful ! And the story is really interesting also. I wonder if the others mutants will join Arthur or not.
    this was an incredible issue. the art was quite simply beautiful and the story compelling. nice work to dc

That issue was amazing. Jaw-dropping art, and while this general story isn't anything new, it was still really well written, and the new stuff being introduced has a lot of potential.

- Arthur working from the shadows is interesting.
    - Mera is going to wreck everything and everyone in sight, and it shall be glorious.

With Mera going off on her own, I'm kind of hoping to see Tula be the one to gather re-enforcement's. With the changed timeline, she should at least know about Garth, who could tell her about Jackson, and she could also go and gather The Others. I know it won't happen, but it'd be great. An AquaFamily reunion with everyone that matters.

Deep Blue, Lorena, Lagoon Boy, Koryak and Swatt all stare, sullen

Everyone that matters. JK I love those guys

Also, on the topic of Murk, it's clear that there's more to his story that he's letting on, but he still did what he did, and he doesn't have my sympathy for feeling bad about it. At all. Being loyal to the crown may be part of his character, but for me someone "Just following orders" while committing an atrocity is scum.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-21-2017 at 10:36 AM.

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Astonishing Member

This was amazing. Aquaman has been DC's probably most consistently good comic since the New 52 began, but I'll admit I always felt like he lost a little something when Johns moved out of the "Pulp Adventure Pure Golden mixed with Silver Age" Trench and Others storylines and started moving into the big Atlantis post-Throne of Atlantis Games of Throneses and what-not. I never thought the Thrones comparison, though utterly promising, was paying off the way it should. So the absolute next best storyline for me was during Parker's delightful run, when he finished his Silver Age revival concepts and had Aquaman go on that hunt to find Atlanna. Once again, very, very Pulpy.

I've enjoyed the heck out of Abnett's run because it does strive to embrace the best elements of Aquaman's storytelling possibilities from history. Naval secret societies of submariner pirates, undersea and island science stations, the occasional interstellar or interdimensional breach under the ocean, tension with surface problems, all while dealing with the shifting politics of Atlantis itself in a way that certainly wanted to be Thronesy, even if it wasn't living up to that potential.

Now it feels like it's living up to that potential. I don't know if it's just the king brought low storyline or the art direction. I think it's the art direction, though, which is the best since Reis left. Pelletier in particular was fantastic for pulp superheroic adventuring but Reis brings something wholly on another level and Stejpan does too, just in a completely different way that we've never seen in an Aquaman comic. Or I think even in a Namor or any other undersea superhero comic. The complete designwork and world-building is more akin to a video-game or a Weta Workshop movie development crew or a Disney movie. It's wholly his style and yet every detail pulls not just from real-world aquatic influences, but from designs from all through Aquaman history from the Gold, Silver, Bronze, Dark and Modern ages. His take on Reis's Drift still feels just like the drift except now they somehow look like Nazi S.S., too. I've had notions of seeing Aquaman in a story where he destroys Nazis in the modern day but what I didn't expect was to see the would-be Hitler be a king of Atlantis, plundering relics like it's underwater Indiana Jones, and exterminating "impure Atlanteans". Holy EFFING CRAP that's a strong concept in an Aquaman book.

Dolphin is the perfect face for the holocaust analogy. She's also gorgeous in a mutant cute manga way. Anyone who didn't know, Dolphin originally couldn't speak in her debut in Showcase # 79, in 1968. The mute characteristic was dropped over the years but I think they were right to bring her back with it and would be right to keep her with it. It's a visible character to have a a disability. I like the mutant-bits a lot, too.

Aquaman pulling a Batman without directly referencing Batman was great comics. Vulko plotting a revolt behind the backs of his betters is both heroic (because we agree with his disliking Rath and wanting Aquaman back) but also it's like par for the course with him. Can't stop going behind people's backs to put Aquaman on the throne. That guy is going to get caught, tried, and executed for constantly betraying kings, man.

Mera was a boss here - ice cold in her sorrow and rage, red hot in her passionate need to get to Aquaman. Tula adjusting to surface life should be adorable. The balance of male and female characters here is also strong - the whole supporting cast really, even down the mutant Crab-People Gangster living in the basement of Atlantis's poorest district.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I've got a question regarding Atlantean's mutations : what is their origin in comics and how well or bad mutants are treated in Atlantis ? The art of this issue made them looks all awesome, and I want to see one in the Aquafamily (like Lagoon Boy), in addition to Dolphin.

Great issue. You want to see more.

As Assam say is Interesting see him work in the shadows...

Mera.. She has risen in this chapter after a big depression.. Tula in the surface again..

Dolphin canīt talk... I never expected that..

Vulko will end in prison again.. hahaha.. He canīt be death..

I donīt see Murk with bad eyes.. He is a neutral character, I doubt see him dissapear with Aquaman as king again.. Aquaman is alive.. He knows that despite his words..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-21-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I've got a question regarding Atlantean's mutations : what is their origin in comics and how well or bad mutants are treated in Atlantis ? The art of this issue made them looks all awesome, and I want to see one in the Aquafamily (like Lagoon Boy), in addition to Dolphin.
    The only Atlantean mutant I recall is Kordax, a pretty great villain, but someone with more knowledge of Golden and Silver Age Aquaman may know more.

Also, I totally want Lagoon Boy back as well, but I really don't want them to make him like he was on the Young Justice animated series.

The art was simple amazing I still think story doesn't make sense would been a better story if the Atlantean nobles choose another noble to be king instead of Rath who lowborn criminal it doesn't make sense to me at least, not mention whole magical relics and trinkets why didn't they use them during whole Throne of Atlantis war if such powerful magical weapons.

They also mentioned Orm name got me thinking where is he and also where is Garth who also member of Drift its getting out place and stupid neither them appeared yet considering Atlantis is both their home and their a new king, but overall good moments with Arthur as well Tula Mera and Dolphin who I wondering if her mutation is just arms and legs or does it extend to her whole body.

Going with the whole mutant thing Lagoon Boy would be am easy inclusion right now. Simply have him living in the 9th tride hell he could be that guy who Arthur saved this issue.

Deep Blue, Blubber, and possibly Lori Lemaris are all easy add-ins as well.

I'm hoping if Tula rounds people up it would be Garth, Etriax and Jackson as well as The Others. Maybe even Charybdis, King Shark and Scylla

Swatt should still be in Atlantis shouldn't he? If he's not him as well.

"Aquaman" evolving into a mythic figure for the oppressed of Atlantis was really cool. I also loved what we saw of Arthur's telepathy here .

I can't wait until we see Rath and his henchwoman's lose their smug faces. I also can't wait until the Atlantean nobles realize how badly they screwed up appointing Rath and ousting Arthur.

I wonder if Murk secretly saved Arthur after he stabbed him or if his story about what happened just to cover that he was never able to find Arthur's body? And at least we know where the Trident is now.

Abnett did a good job of re-introducing Dolphin here, though I'm curious how long she's going to be mute, despite her muteness being very effectively used here.

Only a turn of events such as this would see Vulko back to being a good guy, more or less .

I at least hope Garth shows up at some point.
    Seeing Mera basically shutting down over Arthur's death was really tough to see. But her revival at learning Arthur was alive as she charges back into Atlantis was so satisfying .

Incredible Member

The last issue of Aquaman, Aquaman 25 was AWESOME. Love Arthur's beard and how he renamed himself Orin. The use of his powers is awesome and the art is incredible. A thrilling new beginning for Aquaman. AND Dolphin has finally appeared. Is she mute or something? Garth now has to decide because he and Omen were getting serious in the last Titans issue.

Just....so pretty. I'm in love with this art.

Abnett continues on with great world building. Really loving this run.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 06-21-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Spectacular Member

I thought the city "misbehaves' with an improper bloodline on the throne? Didn't Arthur need to get seam special blessing from his mother?