Page 5 of 170 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 2544
  1. #61
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I agree with Al. Kal pick up those first 25 issues as they're some of the best stories DC has put out since the Nu52 began. Johns was truly on his A game and the art! Good lordy the art.
    Ivan Reis draws an exceptionally good looking Aquaman and Mera:



    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

    I would also love for Aquaman to become enemies with Gorilla Grodd. I like the idea of two kings "dueling" with one another. This could be a way of (re)introducing Aquaman's telepathic powers which he can manifest while fighting with Grodd. I also want to see Atlantis and Gorilla City war with one another and Grodd is the right villain to really pull out all the stops.
    Brother, I couldn't agree more. A proper Grodd VS Aquaman storyline would be a dream come true for me. Grodd holds a special place in my heart as a DC villain. Bring on the apes.

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member spyderbytes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What other characters that are royalty would you like to see Aquaman come into contact with? For Me I would love for Aquaman and Starfire to team up with one another.

    I think this would be a good way to establish some sort of relationship between Atlantis and Tamaran which could lead to potential trade between the two peoples. I also think Starfire and Aquaman would get along very well...eventually. The two of them are very passionate individuals but manifest and express their passion very differently. They may but-heads in the beginning but I think eventually the two of them would come to an understanding and learn to respect and appreciate one another very much. Plus, Aquaman just loves red-heads.
    If it's the tactical bad-ass Starfire and not the air-headed bimbo Starfire, then I'd love to see them team-up. I'm not sure what the circumstances would be between them, but I'd imagine they would give hell to anyone in their way.
    Hawkwoman is royalty in the New 52. I'd like to see them cross-paths at some point too. I liked their interactions in The Nail Elseworlds story. They were outsiders to the general public but still fought to save them.

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Ivan Reis draws an exceptionally good looking Aquaman and Mera:
    I so wish we could have two Aquaman books with Johns and Reis on one and Parker and Pelletier on the other. Reis' Mera in particular is pretty much definitive...for me anyways.


  4. #64
    Invincible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,212

    Default

    Can we please have Mera join the JL already? Seriously, she more than deserves it and the fact that it happens happened already is mind-boggling to me. She one of the coolest female characters in the DCU.

  5. #65
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Brother, I couldn't agree more. A proper Grodd VS Aquaman storyline would be a dream come true for me. Grodd holds a special place in my heart as a DC villain. Bring on the apes.
    Agreed. I think Grodd serves as a great foil for Aquaman in that he too is a King from a mostly hidden/unknown society, with special powers and abilities and an entire military/nation to back him up. I can see them maybe being potential allies at first against humanity/surface-worlders; but eventually Aquaman would realize being allies with Grodd is a big no-no and then comes the rumble.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    If it's the tactical bad-ass Starfire and not the air-headed bimbo Starfire, then I'd love to see them team-up. I'm not sure what the circumstances would be between them, but I'd imagine they would give hell to anyone in their way.
    Hawkwoman is royalty in the New 52. I'd like to see them cross-paths at some point too. I liked their interactions in The Nail Elseworlds story. They were outsiders to the general public but still fought to save them.
    I too would want Starfire to be the strategic warrior that she is and not serve as some pin-up eye-candy. I want a Starfire is a capable fighter who is loving to her friends and absolutely ferocious to her enemies. I think the two of them would really get along well. I think Aquaman would actually be fond and somewhat attracted to Kory's freedom of expression. At the same time, I can see Starfire drawn to Aquaman's sense of control and determination. Plus I like the fire & water theme that would come from this.

    I completely forgot about Hawkwoman, but I think she could be very interesting. I want Aquaman and Hawkman to be frenemies with one another within the DCnU because I think the two of them would clash with one another in the best of ways. I also want to see Aquaman use his trident to battle against Hawkman's nth metal armor and weaponry. Adding Hawkwoman to the mix would only help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I so wish we could have two Aquaman books with Johns and Reis on one and Parker and Pelletier on the other. Reis' Mera in particular is pretty much definitive...for me anyways.

    I agree. His Mera is absolutely phenomenal and I think he is the best artist that DC currently has.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member spyderbytes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I too would want Starfire to be the strategic warrior that she is and not serve as some pin-up eye-candy. I want a Starfire is a capable fighter who is loving to her friends and absolutely ferocious to her enemies. I think the two of them would really get along well. I think Aquaman would actually be fond and somewhat attracted to Kory's freedom of expression. At the same time, I can see Starfire drawn to Aquaman's sense of control and determination. Plus I like the fire & water theme that would come from this.

    I completely forgot about Hawkwoman, but I think she could be very interesting. I want Aquaman and Hawkman to be frenemies with one another within the DCnU because I think the two of them would clash with one another in the best of ways. I also want to see Aquaman use his trident to battle against Hawkman's nth metal armor and weaponry. Adding Hawkwoman to the mix would only help.
    I'd imagine Arthur has few qualms with nudity himself, though he's not as expressive with it as Kory. Plus, both of them have evil sibling problems, so I'd imagine they'd bond over that. Though, Blackfire isn't as evil as she once was she can always get worse, I'm sure.

    Also, now that you mention the clash with fire and water it makes me think of the class between the sky and depths of the ocean with Aquaman and Hawkwoman.

    I agree. His Mera is absolutely phenomenal and I think he is the best artist that DC currently has.
    I could gush over his Mera all day. If DC ever decides to do a Mera book (single issue or whatever), he HAS to be the artist.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Can we please have Mera join the JL already? Seriously, she more than deserves it and the fact that it happens happened already is mind-boggling to me. She one of the coolest female characters in the DCU.
    Yeah, I would definitely read a justice league book that had mera on it

  8. #68
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Fan of Aquaman since the The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure was on CBS back in the late '60s. Always thought he was cool, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

  9. #69
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Not necessarily royalty but I'm dying for a Aquaman/Zatanna team-up. They haven't interacted much in the Nu52 and bringing her in would be a great way to play on the mystical side of Atlantis.

  10. #70
    Incredible Member Aliltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    If it's the tactical bad-ass Starfire and not the air-headed bimbo Starfire, then I'd love to see them team-up. I'm not sure what the circumstances would be between them, but I'd imagine they would give hell to anyone in their way.
    Hawkwoman is royalty in the New 52. I'd like to see them cross-paths at some point too. I liked their interactions in The Nail Elseworlds story. They were outsiders to the general public but still fought to save them.



    I so wish we could have two Aquaman books with Johns and Reis on one and Parker and Pelletier on the other. Reis' Mera in particular is pretty much definitive...for me anyways.


    Agreed! I would love to have Johns and Reis on an Aquaman book as well as Parker and Pelletier. Reis' Mera is amazing, just love how he draws her and same with Aquaman for that matter. However, I've come to really love Parker's Mera just as well.

    And YES! Put Mera in the Justice League already! They definitely could use her. I think the best time to do that would be in the Rise of the Seven Seas story event happening later this year!

    Man I love talking with all of you Aquaman/Mera fans, you're all awesome!
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batman, Black Widow, Captain America: Steve Rogers, Hal Jordan, Teen Titans, among many others.

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    Arthur's brief appearance in Swamp Thing #31

    Swamp Thing 31 page 18.jpg
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  12. #72
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Arthur's brief appearance in Swamp Thing #31

    Swamp Thing 31 page 18.jpg
    Thats a nice image and I look forward to seeing Aquaman and Swamp Thing meet one another. I wonder how the two of them will interact and get along with one another.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  13. #73
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    I've also become a greater fan of Ocean Master who I feel was a great villain during the Throne of Atlantis storyline:







    I hope to see more of him soon and I hope is portrayed well. I don't mind him being a somewhat sympathetic villain, but I don't want him developing any kind of relationship with that woman or her kid that he meet after he escaped from prison. That just seems too cliche for me. But I am interested in seeing his reaction to everything that has happened in Atlantis since he was dethroned.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  14. #74
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,560

    Default


    I also have grown to like Nereus. I think he serves as a nice foil to Aquaman and adds nicely to Mera's own history. I like the idea of him teaming up with Orm, but I don't see that alliance lasting very long. I do want to see him and Aquaman have their long overdue drag-down fight that takes place on land and underwater. His affection for Mera might lead him into a jealous frenzy!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  15. #75
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    I'm curious to see how the Fisherman fits into the Seven Seas saga. Also, that crustacean being at the end.
    http://www.eatgeekplay.com/wp-conten...2.45.17-PM.png

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •