Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 782
  1. #766
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    And the UQ Holder chapter is out.

    spoilers:
    Ah Chamo. You're still the Jar Jar Binks of this world to me and I want somebody to punch you in the face whenever I see you. And that was before I started finding pervert characters annoying.

    The gang's all here so that they and we can get a crash course in the story between the last couple of chapters in Negima.

    Poor Nodoka and Yue. But at least this means that they can have a cute yuri relationship no problem. The chapter ends before it's made clear if Negi's going to confess to Chisame or not. The suspense will keep the shippers nailed to their seats.
    end of spoilers

  2. #767
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    I have read a new manga series called Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san. It is rather good. It is about a 16-year old chef making food for the Maiko (apprentice geisha).

  3. #768
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    I am overjoyed that someone is recently translating Asahinagu Manga. Just the first 6 chapters are translated. more than 140+ chapters to go.

  4. #769
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    397

    Default

    UQ Holder 138

    This might be one of the biggest Author's Saving Throws I've ever seen.

  5. #770
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    UQ Holder 138

    This might be one of the biggest Author's Saving Throws I've ever seen.
    Chisame or single. Negi is an extreme kid.

    The class was in full most annoying, ignoring privacy mode. Good thing Asuna got more level headed after regaining her memories.

    Now to learn how they beat Nagi Ialda in the happy ending timeline, at least I assume that this is that battle. Surprisingly/disappointingly few of the class mates are present if that's the case.

    EDIT: No, wait. Asuna needs to be present to beat him without the body take over.

  6. #771
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Chisame or single. Negi is an extreme kid.

    The class was in full most annoying, ignoring privacy mode. Good thing Asuna got more level headed after regaining her memories.

    Now to learn how they beat Nagi Ialda in the happy ending timeline, at least I assume that this is that battle. Surprisingly/disappointingly few of the class mates are present if that's the case.

    EDIT: No, wait. Asuna needs to be present to beat him without the body take over.
    They mentioned Asuna was inbound but that the timing was off because they weren't expecting Ialda to make her move for a while. She's basically pulling a Goku on snake way.

    No idea if any other Alba members show up with her when she does; we know from the ending of Negima that Yue was busy being a magical detective of sorts and learned about Nagi's rescue after the fact.

  7. #772
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Today I have read a manga called Murabito desu ga Nani ka? (I am a villager, what about it?)

    The summary? The protagonist died in modern Japan and was reincarnated in another world as a villager.

    The story looks good.

  8. #773
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    There is a new ballet manga written and drawn by Cuvie. It is called Kenran Taru Grande Scène. It is about ballet dancing.

    In the manga, ballet is amazing. Cuvie is excellent at drawing beautiful ballet dancing poses.

  9. #774
    Amazing Member pearlofthepacific's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indie-land
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Kenrantaru Grande Scene (The glorious grande scene) is up to volume 8 in trade paperbacks in Japan! I haven't read it, but I'm a little bit interested in her short-lived Renaissance artist series, Color Me Rainbow (Hito-hake no Niji = literally, a rainbow at a single brushstroke)

    Maihime Terpsichore (Yamagishi Ryoko) put me off ballet manga - it was serialized in Da Vinci magazine, but the figure drawing really irritated me.

  10. #775
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    I just read the final chapter of Hammer Session! manga. The ending was not half bad for a series as great as GTO or Assassination Classroom. They all have unique teachers.

    What a pity that American comics don't have such those awesome teachers.

    Quote Originally Posted by pearlofthepacific View Post
    Kenrantaru Grande Scene (The glorious grande scene) is up to volume 8 in trade paperbacks in Japan! I haven't read it, but I'm a little bit interested in her short-lived Renaissance artist series, Color Me Rainbow (Hito-hake no Niji = literally, a rainbow at a single brushstroke)

    Maihime Terpsichore (Yamagishi Ryoko) put me off ballet manga - it was serialized in Da Vinci magazine, but the figure drawing really irritated me.
    Well, you should read Kenrantaru Grande Scene. Cuvie's artwork is absolutely gorgeous. The depiction of female figure, especially that of a ballerina, is strikingly amazing.

    I am glad that Kenrantaru Grande Scene has been finally translated into English up to the chapter 11. I didn't even know many ballet terminologies until I read the translations. I also had no idea how much financial trouble they had to go through to practice ballet and enter competitions.

  11. #776
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san is an interesting book to read. So what is the premise of this manga? A schoolgirl eating Ramen, duh. I dig this manga.

  12. #777
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoushi Manga is quite interesting. I have read the chapter 1 and the story is good.

  13. #778
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    397

    Default

    UQ Holder 139 Spoilers are epic

    spoilers:

    Negi is the one who breaks through the outer defenses to start a fight with Lifemaker. The LM in Nagi's battle is a match of Negi's speed and they fight for an extended period of time, causing explosions all over the face of the planetoid. LM seems to get the upper hand, made worse by the intervention of the other members of Cosmo Entelecheia, who overwhelm Negi. Meanwhile, the Cheerleaders go to Mahora to have a discussion to Eva; even though they are 19 now they go back there to visit with her it seems.

    Back at the battle, a space ship breaks through the outer defenses and Asuna, Konoka, Setsuna, Yue, Nodoka, Ku Fei, Kaede, Chachamaru, Mana, and Zazie arrive to help Negi. Takahata, Rakan, and Albireo also arrive, as does Fate's battle harem. Along with Fate himself and Kotarou, there is a pretty epic 2 page spread of them preparing for battle.

    One confusing thing, possibly a retcon depending on how things wrap up here, is that if this is the final battle of the prime timeline, Yue shouldn't be present because she receives a visit from Negi and Nagi when she is in her early twenties, if I recall correctly, and hears about the final battle.
    end of spoilers

  14. #779
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    UQ Holder 139 Spoilers are epic

    spoilers:

    Negi is the one who breaks through the outer defenses to start a fight with Lifemaker. The LM in Nagi's battle is a match of Negi's speed and they fight for an extended period of time, causing explosions all over the face of the planetoid. LM seems to get the upper hand, made worse by the intervention of the other members of Cosmo Entelecheia, who overwhelm Negi. Meanwhile, the Cheerleaders go to Mahora to have a discussion to Eva; even though they are 19 now they go back there to visit with her it seems.

    Back at the battle, a space ship breaks through the outer defenses and Asuna, Konoka, Setsuna, Yue, Nodoka, Ku Fei, Kaede, Chachamaru, Mana, and Zazie arrive to help Negi. Takahata, Rakan, and Albireo also arrive, as does Fate's battle harem. Along with Fate himself and Kotarou, there is a pretty epic 2 page spread of them preparing for battle.

    One confusing thing, possibly a retcon depending on how things wrap up here, is that if this is the final battle of the prime timeline, Yue shouldn't be present because she receives a visit from Negi and Nagi when she is in her early twenties, if I recall correctly, and hears about the final battle.
    end of spoilers
    The chapter is really an excellent display of Akamatsu's mastery of the fight coreography. With that awesome ending I have high hopes for the next chapter. Show all of them fighting members of Ala Alba perform some suitably epic feats of their own. I want them all to have some time to shine.

    And while Nagi Ialda is matching Negi in speed, it's more because he's so infused with the asteroid that he can appear anywhere on it rather than him being that fast. I also double checked the previous chapter. That thing has a diameter of 50 kilometers, and Negi's fight with Nagi Ialda could still be seen from quite a distance.

    I was afraid that Dynamis was just going to be a name drop, but then he appeared in his his mid-boss form and I was happy. Now he just needs to ham it up next chapter and all will be well. I've missed Dynamis.

    So yeah, fun chapter. Have high hopes for the next one.

  15. #780
    Astonishing Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,171

    Default

    Sorry if this has already been posted but a teaser for the new UQ Holder series came out.

    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •