Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Dakimakura to ha Kekkon Dekinai!

English translation: I Can't Marry a Hugging Pillow!

Summary:
    My hugging pillow turned into a really beautiful girl?! (She's not fake, she's human!)
    And apparently, this girl wants to marry me!
    I-I'm sure everything will turn out fine.
    There's nothing to worry about...

Astonishing Member

Kurenai!! Onnajuku

English translation: Crimson!! Women's private school

Summary:
    The year is 20xx, and Japanese men are a dying breed. At the end of World War III, Japan was hit by a Man-Bomb, which rewrote the DNA of Japanese men, weakening them and stripping them of their will to fight. Those that survived gave their lives to save their country. But the Spirit of Yamato still lives on... in the Japanese women!

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

UQ Holder:

So a few chapters ago we saw what happened in the prime Negima timeline to close out the storyline when Asuna was there. Now we get to see how Asuna's absence made the UQ Holder timeline diverge and....

...yeah, the UQ Holder timeline is a pretty fucked up one. A bunch of people from Negi and Fate's team got killed in their equivalent of the Asteroid battle, and the reason that Al, Rakan, Yue, and Nodoka are villains now is that they were absorbed and taken by Ialda at that battle as well.

Astonishing Member

Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami

Various English translations:
    Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter
    Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter
    Simply Good Sense for a Duke’s Daughter

Summary:
    Although she had reincarnated as a the daughter of a Duke's house, by the time she regained her memories, the Ending was already here."After he cancels my engagement, the story would have me confined to a church. Where can I find my happy ending?"---A woman gets hit by a truck and gets sent to the world of an otome game that she had played earlier that same day. However, instead of reincarnating into the main character and focus of the harem, she is fused into the soul of the game's antagonist, the protagonist's rival, and recalled this at the moment she is about to be sentenced to a "bad ending:" isolation in a nunnery.

Astonishing Member

Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoushi

Summary:
    Mikoto Ochiai is ready to jump off the rooftop of her high school's building after she got rejected by the boy she loves. However, her homeroom teacher Jin Haiba suddenly appears on the rooftop for a smoke, talked to her and saved her from falling down. He even asked her to go out with him rather than die.

A black comedy manga about love, life, and death

Astonishing Member

Manga: Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou

English translations: "Certain Victory Dungeon Administration Technique" / "The Way to Absolute Dungeon Administration"

Summary:
    One day in a sunny leisure day, a woman visited my house and asked me if I’m interested in managing a dungeon along with support from a goddess. But of course, I refused. Eh? I shouldn’t ignore a person in trouble, moreover if it’s a beautiful woman? No way, that’s too bothersome and why do I have to do that? I’m perfectly satisfied with my comfortable life now, throwing it away is just overly stupid... Sigh, fine. So I just go to another world, become a dungeon master, manage a dungeon, and deal with a mana circulation problem? Understood, but how to do it? Let me show you how...

Duly appointed enforcer of the Admin Accord Matt's Avatar

Just to raise a matter that was raised to the Moderators - the possibility of an anime/manga forum.

The CBR Forums have boasted such a forum before and it existed for some years (Moderated by Darkblade, who did a great job). It was never a high traffic forum and was eventually wound down. If we see enough traffic regarding the topic to warrant looking at an anime/manga forum in the future, that is something we would be prepared to do just like we always do.
    In short: traffic and posting numbers are the major factors in if a board gets established or not.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just to raise a matter that was raised to the Moderators - the possibility of an anime/manga forum.

The CBR Forums have boasted such a forum before and it existed for some years (Moderated by Darkblade, who did a great job). It was never a high traffic forum and was eventually wound down. If we see enough traffic regarding the topic to warrant looking at an anime/manga forum in the future, that is something we would be prepared to do just like we always do.
    In short: traffic and posting numbers are the major factors in if a board gets established or not.
    I totally agree with you. But even if we create new threads about anime/manga, we'll never get enough participants. We need more traffic.

Astonishing Member

Manga: Kyou kara Ore wa Loli no Himo!

Translation: I'm Living off a Loli from Today!

Summary: I am Tendou Haru, a high school student who was somehow aiming to become a mangaka, became a winner in life. A super rich elementary school student named Nijou Touka was a big fan of mine, on top of that, she said that she is going to be my patron and to sponsor my works. Just like that, my ideal living off someone's lifestyle had started. In other words I am going to be a freeloader in her house.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I totally agree with you. But even if we create new threads about anime/manga, we'll never get enough participants. We need more traffic.
    It's a matter of focus.

The Anime thread in the TV Forums does okay, but since the TV forums has a lot of topics, it can sometimes get buried. Then there's this thread which barely anyone knows about for the opposite problem. Independents has too little traffic. Hell, I like talking about manga, and I barely come here for it.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

UQ Holder

So in the bad end timeline that is UQ Holder's backstory, we learn the origin of Evangeline developing feelings for Negi, and, we learn for the first time that it does not appear to be a one way thing.

Astonishing Member

I have read a new interesting manga. It is like the Great Teacher Onizuka of the All Girls High School.

Japanese title: 1-nen A-gumi no Monster

English translation: 1st Grade, Class A of Monsters

Summary:
    A Private Girls' High is a Special school of nurtured Young maidens here to be graceful, delicate and intellectual.

Except for Class 1-A full of troublemakers infamously known as Class of "Monsters". Contains full of bullies, blackmailers, and scheming sadists.

Every teacher who teaches in that class less than a week will quit, resign or even be imprisoned.

Except, Tarou Jimi (plain) who shall carve his name to become a legendary teacher.

Astonishing Member

I have read another very interesting manga called "I Messed Up by Teaching at a Black Gyaru School!", a manga about a male teacher teaching at an all-girls high school. This time that the students are gyaru.

Japanese original title: Burakku Gakkou ni Tsutomete Shimatta Sensei (english translation: A Teacher Who Worked at a Black School)

Alternate english version: I Messed Up by Teaching at a Black Gyaru School!

Summary:
    The largest rise of Dark Skinned Gyaru's of this century! The start of high school life with best and strongest girls out there!! High School Teacher Imada Sasamichi has been assigned to work there at this all girls high school, only to find out that every girl in the class is a dark skinned gyaru!!!! Kuroi, Kuroiwa, Kuroiso...all the names are Kuro (Black)!!! Meanwhile, Kuroi Mariko already fell in love with her sensei...!? It's the start of these lust-filled girls straight love-attacks on Sensei's life!

Astonishing Member

Manga called Sensei no Kanojo (Teacher's Girlfriend) is a good read. Too bad it is a oneshot.

Summary:
    "I'd never met a teacher like him!"

Her breath stopped, and so did the air around her. She wanted to show him how she felt. Her heart was shaking. She'd never seen someone as beautiful as a painting before. She fell in love for the first time with her teacher. In an attempt at getting closer to him, she attended a goukon as an older student named "Mika." They had a lot of fun but at the end of the night he told her that he would never go out with one of his students!

Even so, she decided to meet him again as "Mika." She wanted to be close to him more than anything, and she continued to lie to him.

Astonishing Member

Manga: Sensei no Yasashii Koroshikata

English translation: The Teacher's Gentle Way of Killing

Summary:
    When Alice's parents were killed when she was young, she saw the killer and promised to herself that she'd kill him. Little did she know that when she went to high school, the killer would become her teacher.

This manga is a psychological thriller that gives you the goosebumps