Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Disney Animates Marvel's "Big Hero 6" in First Trailer

After months of anticipation, Disney has unveiled the first teaser trailer for "Big Hero 6," the studio's first Marvel Comics-based animated feature.

Full article here.

BANNED

Look pretty cool.

I'm getting a weird How I Met My Robot vibe from this.

Reminds me of the early trailer for "The Incredibles" where Mr Incredible is trying to squeeze into his super-suit.

I was hoping for at least a glimpse of the other 6, but it still looks pretty cool.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-23-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: oops - I meant "Incredible", not "Impossible"

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Reminds me of the early trailer for "The Impossibles" where Mr Impossible is trying to squeeze into his super-suit.
    Reminded me of the initial Incredibles teaser too. The clip is funny, but it's hard to get a bead on the overall flavor of the movie though.

Looks pretty nice.

"Mom!" "Where's my robot super armor?"
    Mooper Films

Was there any mention of this being a Marvel property in here or did I miss it?

In any case, despite the rather radical changes - making San Fran and Tokyo the same place just so Big Hero 6 can kinda technically be an American team - this seems like a fun little movie, and I'll definitely consider watching it. I hope the fans of the team really like it too and that Disney can do some more animated Marvel films, maybe to compete with Warner's LEGO movies. For some reason (and yes I know this'll never happen because of rights) I always thought that Pixar and Disney could make an awesome Kitty Pryde and Lockheed film.

BANNED

Nice trailer, but it hurt for them to ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT"S A MARVEL COMIC Too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Nice trailer, but it hurt for them to ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT"S A MARVEL COMIC Too ?
    I was kinda wondering why we didn't see the Marvel logo. I'm assuming it's because Marvel Studios isn't involved in the making of this film at all.

Quote Originally Posted by id10tSavant View Post
    I was kinda wondering why we didn't see the Marvel logo. I'm assuming it's because Marvel Studios isn't involved in the making of this film at all.
    That's mostly likely correct.

But they should at least acknowledge that it's based on a Marvel Comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooper Films View Post
    "Mom!" "Where's my robot super armor?"
    Ironically, Samuel L Jackson is in the cast.

I've honestly never heard of this series or anything but this looks really fun and I wouldn't miss it. They really should put some kind of a Marvel logo on it though.
    Batman, Batman: Eternal, Green Arrow, Injustice: Season Two, Justice League 3000, Secret Origins, Superman, Superman Unchained
    All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Inhuman, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, New Avengers, Nova, The Punisher, Thor: God of Thunder, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by id10tSavant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    That's mostly likely correct.

But they should at least acknowledge that it's based on a Marvel Comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by RawrJoey View Post
    They really should put some kind of a Marvel logo on it though.

I'm really confused as to why there's no nods to the fact it's based on a Marvel property at all in the promotional material - not even a logo. Very weird.

Because it's just a teaser trailer?