Super Moderator

Default Blackman Explores Marvel's Mercenary Underworld in "Elektra"

Haden Blackman discusses the first arc of "Elektra," which finds his protagonist dealing with a horde of hired guns as she struggles to apprehend a legendary assassin.

Full article here.

The Punisher relationship is silly and makes no sense I don't know why it keeps coming up,I doubt Blackman has any real feelings for it it's probably best ignored.If Elektra is gonna have a romance outside of Murdock it's best the relationship comes from her own series. That being said, the last 2 issues have been amazing !! Keep it up guys!!

This and Black Widow have both been fantastic, both the writing and the art. I'm thrilled!

I could not be happier with the work that Blackman and Del Mundo are doing with this book. After being worried when Zeb Wells had to quit the book, all fears have been allayed with these stunning issues! I hope sales keep up and we have a long run with this creative team!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I could not be happier with the work that Blackman and Del Mundo are doing with this book. After being worried when Zeb Wells had to quit the book, all fears have been allayed with these stunning issues! I hope sales keep up and we have a long run with this creative team!
    I hope so too!!!

It's a good interview. Always good to see the creators involved having passion in their work. All the creators involved in this book are doing a great job.

Can't wait for the Bloody Lips and Elektra showdown.

I just need to say that Haden Blackman is such a metal name.

I absolutely love this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    The Punisher relationship is silly and makes no sense I don't know why it keeps coming up,I doubt Blackman has any real feelings for it it's probably best ignored.If Elektra is gonna have a romance outside of Murdock it's best the relationship comes from her own series. That being said, the last 2 issues have been amazing !! Keep it up guys!!
    I'm happy for the Punisher relationship to be forgotten, though I don't have any strong negative opinions about it. I do want her to have a new relationship though and I think Blackman could deliver an much more interesting one for her.

I think the Punisher/Elektra 'relationship' will be over by Thunderbolts #30, judging by the solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I think the Punisher/Elektra 'relationship' will be over by Thunderbolts #30, judging by the solicits.
    Yeah I noticed that. I reckon this storyline will mark the departures of both Punisher and Elektra from the book seeing as they now have solos that don't reference the title at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was something that Garth Ennis first hinted at when he was writing Punisher. Marvel just decided to run with it I guess. And I'm not exactly sure how/why it "makes no sense?" Ah yes, here's some examples of Ennis's it:

http://berkeleyplaceblog.com/wp-cont...8/IMG_5397.jpg
    http://arousinggrammardotcom.files.w...a131.jpg?w=691

They're from Marvel Knights Punisher series.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 05-29-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Yeah I noticed that. I reckon this storyline will mark the departures of both Punisher and Elektra from the book seeing as they now have solos that don't reference the title at all!
    I'm still hoping at least Elektra remains, I really want her on a team title. Or she can move teams, though not sure which one would be good.

The Frank/Elektra relationshio made sense, I just never liked it a ton.