Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Which X-Men Movie Is Your Favorite?

Which X-Men Movie Is Your Favorite?

With "Days of Future Past" ready to explode into theaters this weekend, CBR wants to know which of the previously released X-Men films is your favorite?

Vote on the poll here.

First Class, easily. Kevin Bacon = win.
    Kurt Angle: "Rey Mysterio, I want you to remember one thing: you're a boy in a man's world, and I'm a man that loves to play with boys! No, no, no! Wait a minute! Shut up! What I meant to say is: you're a boy and I'm a man, and tonight I'm gonna love to manhandle you! No! Hold on a second! Shut up! Rey Mysterio, you remember this, pal, you're a boy and I'm a man, and when you and I get together here tonight, I'm gonna get on top of you and no, no! Dammit!"

BANNED

X2. Easily...

First Class = Shaw and Azazel (whom I did not like in the comics, but I loved the idea of him being a Russian "red devil") and I liked McAvoy's Xavier. Plus the setting and alternate history tweak were terrific.

I also enjoyed The Wolverine despite some 3rd act silliness and Viper.
    "Anything I say. What a wonderful philosophy you have."

First Class ak(to me)a "Erik Lehnsherr: Nazi Hunter"

"First Class" for sure.

The Xavier/Magneto relationship is the most emotionally engaging in the whole series, the action scenes are great, and the general tone and aesthetic is bright and fun.

X2, it was the first xmen movie that we got to see wolverine actually kill with his claws, and friggin nightcrawler

DOFP for me. It's awesome in it's own right, and on top of that, it has a body-painted Jennifer Lawrence frequently kicking butt.

Win.

X-Men: First Class for me, without question. Followed by the first Wolverine. (Hate that "XO" moniker and never use it.)

Don't really care for the others, but am looking forward to Days of Future Past. I just hope it's more the sequel First Class deserved than an excuse for Singer to make "his" X-Men 3.
    Currently Reading: Five Ghosts, Ghostbusters, Ghosted, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder.
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

The rest of the films aren't really in the same category, quality wise, as First Class and X2. I mean, none are even close.

X-Men was a nice start, but the rest were, at best, popcorn fodder, and at worst, frustrating messes. (Have not seen DOFP).

X2, definitely

First Class was pretty boring, honestly. I found more joy from Last Stand.

I loved First Class and The Wolverine but X2 clinches it. It ensured everyone had a valid role to play, made the previously 'wait why?' relationship of Rogue and Iceman work, elevated a one-off villain from a graphic novel to a villain as dangerous as the worst of the X-Men foes, and managed the impossible task of taking two renowned storylines - God Loves, Man Kills and the Weapon X story - and blending them perfectly. Last Stand tried to do the same with Astonishing's Gifted and elements of Dark Phoenix and screwed up big time.

Interested to see where Days of Future Past will end up on my list after I see it tomorrow, suggestions seem to be that it'll be a high one.

First Class. It totally reinvigorated my interest in the X-Men movie franchise. Fassbender and McAvoy are fantastic together and Matthew Vaughn clearly had a blast with the 60's setting.

I honestly wish they had used it as an opportunity to reboot, but DoFP has been getting good buzz so maybe there's still some life in the old cast.

My ranking (not including DoFP, which I haven't seen yet) would be:

1. X-Men: First Class
    2. X2: X-Men United
    3. The Wolverine
    4. X-Men
    5. X-Men: The Last Stand
    6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Chose X2 with First Class a close 2nd. enjoyed Last Stand more than both Wolverine movies. Looking forward to DoFP.

Either First Class or Wolverine for me. Thou Days of Future Past easily trump them.