Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Fantastic Four, #5

"THE FALL OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR" PART 4
    • FLAME OFF!!! JOHNNY STORM has lost his powers! • The HUMAN TORCH is no more!!!
    • With one member down, a new threat emerges -- the WRECKING CREW...with powers mysteriously elevated to A-level destruction as they team-up with the WIZARD to be a new, devastating version of the FRIGHTFUL FOUR!
    • And as BEN and ALICIA'S romance rekindles, so looms the PUPPET MASTER with dark plans for both of them.
    • All this and the return of FF members ANT MAN, MS. THING and SHE-HULK.

Full article here.

This series is already better than the last.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm digging all the flashbacks with old-school art. And She-Hulk's get her hands full. I wonder if Soule helped Robinson here behind-the-scenes.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    一人じゃないから

BANNED

Pretty damn awesome.

They are REALLY laying it thick on the Four.
    Hopefully Jen can pull this one off.

Digging the old school flashbacks.

BANNED

I usually don't like multiple artists on an issue, but this is a great way to do it. I'm actually looking forward to seeing who illustrates what incidents of the FF's past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm digging all the flashbacks with old-school art. And She-Hulk's get her hands full. I wonder if Soule helped Robinson here behind-the-scenes.
    Yeah, I love the look of the Hulk and Thing fight, especially.
    We are a patchwork of miracles
    and an
    apocalypse dreaming of butterflies.

After the first couple of issues, I decided not to keep on going, but things look like they've been picking back up. Is that the case?
    If so, I might put this back on my pull list
    Started a blog a couple months back about life, film, and comic books (or whatever's rattling around in my mind at the time). http://emrysmoungabio.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by EmrysM View Post
    After the first couple of issues, I decided not to keep on going, but things look like they've been picking back up. Is that the case?
    If so, I might put this back on my pull list
    I love the way Leonard Kirk interprets the characters. His art is great and recently, he's had more action - especially in #4 - to really get creative with panel layouts.

The fracturing of the F4 is really starting to kick in now, sure. After recent events in #1-4, the series is shifting to what Robinson and co. have promised (in regard to all the "bad" stuff happening) so its definitely a point you may be interested in restarting from.
    and an

Awesome, I'll whack that on my next subscription order; makes sense seeing as I've only missed a few issues as well.
    I've been a bit unsure of what to expect from Robinson. I tried the first few issues of Invaders as well, due to a need to see Bucky's ongoing adventures, but I couldn't really get into that either. Hopefully this is a sign he's getting settled in and coming into his own in MarvelNOW
    Started a blog a couple months back about life, film, and comic books (or whatever's rattling around in my mind at the time). http://emrysmoungabio.wordpress.com/!

Just reading this makes me glad I am not buying. This is garbage of bad storytelling. I don't want to read another fracture FF story especially one with so many stupid ideas. We all know team going to be back together at the end. Reed going to be smart again and johnny going to get his powers back. A new baxter building or new HQ. Journey so stupid not worth wasting the money to go through it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Just reading this makes me glad I am not buying. This is garbage of bad storytelling. I don't want to read another fracture FF story especially one with so many stupid ideas. We all know team going to be back together at the end. Reed going to be smart again and johnny going to get his powers back. A new baxter building or new HQ. Journey so stupid not worth wasting the money to go through it.
    When you read any comic book you know that the superhero will usually come out on top.
    It's all about the journey, not the destination.

That's one of the reason we read comics, to see the story play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    When you read any comic book you know that the superhero will usually come out on top.

I know that why I threw the point about the journey being so dumb and not enjoyable. You don't want go on that journey. That was problem with new 52 shazam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I know that why I threw the point about the journey being so dumb and not enjoyable. You don't want go on that journey. That was problem with new 52 shazam.
    Yet I and others are enjoying the journey so far.
    Has this type of story been told? Sure... but what else hasn't?
    It's the way it's being told and the manner that matters.

It may not be for you and that's absolutely fine.
    But to dismiss it as garbage is a bit too much IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

Yeah, I agree. I used to wonder why they kept advertising deaths in comics and I realised that the story telling is more important. Because, if it weren't, cliffhangers would be pointless in serial mediums.
    and an

Admittedly, I always hated the trials of superhero, especially in this vein. Yes, lets all judge the people that have literally saved the entire world from extinction countless times. It's just stupid to me. So what if Thing broke a wall, or Johnny gave someone a heart attack, compared to what would have happened had they not been there it's nothing. This is especially the case with Reed, smartest man in the universe, and with the onset of the incursions? How long do you really think they would lock him up before begging for his help? It's not like something that big and important can be hidden forever, and at the very least you'd have the entirety of the Illuminati, probably successfully, pulling him out. I love that speech Black Widow gave at the end of Captain America 2, and if I were Reed, I'd give that exact speech here.