Page 152 of 178 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2659

This looked like a generic jump cut horror movie. My prediction is it disappoints comic fans and horror fans by not being enough of either and flops. And I love Fox X-men movies. And seriously what are some of the more over powered New Mutants like Cannonball even going to do in this movie?

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Looking at the trailer again, I think a lot of the 'haunted house' scenes are actually illusions caused by Dani's fear powers. It looks like there's a scene where Illyana and Sam encounter a traumatic scene from Illyana's past, which is presumably drawn from her mind. And I don't think Dani is in any of the supernatural scenes they showed.
    I'm thinking this might be the case too based on the whole baby rattlesnake dialogue.

Anyway, I knew they were going horror. If they're doing Demon Bear, that's fine with me. I didn't quite expect it to be this horror, but that could also just be the way the trailer is cut. I'm hoping the next trailer has a little more teen drama. Ideally, it'll be a little more The Goonies than Paranormal Activity next time around.

The director doesn't make the trailer, so I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt. From what we could see, I appreciated that this story is something quite different. I think that'll help get it some mainstream attention. The New Mutants are my favorite group, so I am hoping the characters are true to themselves.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    This looked like a generic jump cut horror movie. My prediction is it disappoints comic fans and horror fans by not being enough of either and flops. And I love Fox X-men movies. And seriously what are some of the more over powered New Mutants like Cannonball even going to do in this movie?
    I doubt they can use their powers or even want too, since the whole dialogue about the rattlesnake makes it seem they are all here because of some traumatic experience where their powers bloomed, and they ended up hurting someone, the coal mine accident for sam is even pictured for a few seconds probably due to mirage's powers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm thinking this might be the case too based on the whole baby rattlesnake dialogue.

Anyway, I knew they were going horror. If they're doing Demon Bear, that's fine with me. I didn't quite expect it to be this horror, but that could also just be the way the trailer is cut. I'm hoping the next trailer has a little more teen drama. Ideally, it'll be a little more The Goonies than Paranormal Activity next time around.

The director doesn't make the trailer, so I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt. From what we could see, I appreciated that this story is something quite different. I think that'll help get it some mainstream attention. The New Mutants are my favorite group, so I am hoping the characters are true to themselves.
    That's not completely true. The director can pick and choose what gets shown if they want. Mangold posted on twitter that he was on the cutting room floor making sure the trailer for Logan came out the way it did.

This is the New Mutants just when their powers are first manifesting so it makes sense they arent going wild with them. This movie is focused on Dani and the Demon Bear so fear illusions and mental imagery are a given. It will also play up biblical themes with Illiyanas demon connection and Wolfsbane's religious background.

Boone pitched a trilogy and this is an origin movie so I'm already expecting a slower beginning. What will make it or break it will be the characterization.
    www.elfwood.com/~drakeon

"Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

If you look at the X-Men trailers, the first one is always just a teaser that shows a bunch of establishing shots and mood-setting. The second trailer shows the action and storytelling.

Ooooooh when Sam and Illyana open that door and find Lil' Illyana clutching her plush Lockheed in bed!!!!
    And then BAM!
    SMILE FACE!!!!!!

Wink Wink to we supah' fanz???? Me thinks so.
    Also, I'm hoping that monstrous face behind said SMILE FACE mask represents Belasco and poor Yana's abduction as a child -- further winks!!! All the winks!!!

Gasp! And big-brother-Sammy yanking my girl to safety/lets-get-the-fuck-out-of-your-bullshit-memory-gurl!
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Fantastic Member

God damn this looks great.

I really don't like horror movies, I've been avoiding anything related to the IT movie for months (which is hard considering I work in a cinema) but god damn will I be watching this opening weekend. I'm glad Fox is doing another genre movie, but we all knew that anyway. Well, looking at the comments from various platforms, no-one seemed to care until now. I'm laughing at the naivety of some comic book 'fans' who didn't know New Mutants had horror aspects to their stories in the early years and still blaming Fox. But anyway...

The line about the baby rattlesnake is a perfect analogy of what we're seeing from this movie so far. I too think everything is being created by Dani, it's quite obvious as she's bringing everyone's fears to life. She also has a Bear on her necklace in case anyone hasn't noticed. Reyes also looks like she has animal scratch marks across her face. Demon Bear really might be in this movie... Unlike Warlock it seems. Reyes is fine too, can see why Rosario Dawson would have been perfect for the role.

Magik looks perfect, can't wait to see some magic and Soul Sword. I like the nod to Lockheed and I'm interested in seeing who is behind the smiling mask, maybe Belasco or Limbo related? I'm sure we'll see more of Sam, Robby and Rayne once the effects are done but they all look great too. My first thought was that it was Robby in the washing machine as some sort of torture.

Time wise, I'm assuming it's still quite ambiguous. It could easily be set in modern era, but I'm getting some 90s vibes from it?

Overall a very captivating trailer. Let's hope we get another just before new years.
    Last edited by HaydnC95; 10-13-2017 at 04:29 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ooooooh when Sam and Illyana open that door and find Lil' Illyana clutching her plush Lockheed in bed!!!!
    And then BAM!
    SMILE FACE!!!!!!

Wink Wink to we supah' fanz???? Me thinks so.
    Also, I'm hoping that monstrous face behind said SMILE FACE mask represents Belasco and poor Yana's abduction as a child -- further winks!!! All the winks!!!

Gasp! And big-brother-Sammy yanking my girl to safety/lets-get-the-fuck-out-of-your-bullshit-memory-gurl!
    she looks super scared but also ready to fite (ง'̀-'́)ง

My bae Illyana is alive <3 Omg!!!
    No one’s gonna take my soul away - Lana del Rey

Unpopular opinion: it looks like your run of the mill horror movie, if I wasn't familiar with those characters, I wouldn't make the connection with the X-verse at all.
    Zero clue in the teaser beyond wording "mutant" directly and the big Marvel logo at the beginning...
    Hope the actual trailer ties into the X-verse somehow, even if it's just a Xavier cameo or Something.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Most superhero movies are ordinary action movies. This one will be a horror movie instead. Not sure what the problem is.

Anyway, Magik has her bangs. I'm sold.

AHEM

I have been SHREDDING through google image for any stills captures etc etc and somehow someway came across THIS image:

Is this XAVIER????
    Or is this some image from some other James McAvoy flick I am unfamiliar with???

Quote Originally Posted by Illyanas2 View Post
    she looks super scared but also ready to fite (ง'̀-'́)ง
    Right? That face is 40% TERROR and 60% "AWMAHGAWD AHMA KILL YOU TO DEATH, LEMME GO! AHMA KILL YOU!!!!"

Or maybe its a bit more "I have to save lil' me!!! Lemme go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Anyway, Magik has her bangs. I'm sold.
    Same!! That made me so freaking happy!!
    No one’s gonna take my soul away - Lana del Rey